PC [SOLVED] PES 6 Low-Res Player Graphics Problem

Kanouté

#NewEra
26 April 2008
ilwKs0.png

it wasn't like that before. I mean, look at his arms, legs.. the issue is only with player models and doesn't seem to appear on stadium graphics etc. I've Win7 Pro, ATI HD 5500 series graphics card and some days ago I changed some settings in Catalyst Control Center for the first time ever, after that the game looked even more better but I don't know what has happened then and when I open the game for the second time, it (players graphics) looked like in the image. after that I restored all settings to default ones in CCC but it wasn't solved. I tried driver updating as well but again it didn't work.

what do you think might have caused this problem? I hope anyone can solve it. it's really frustrating. :(

Last edited:
Re: PES 6 Low-Res Player Graphics Problem

try to put the game setting to high quality and use big resolution

hmm, I've indeed a strange problem I guess, I set the resolution 1680x1050 and I enter the game, then quit, when I run the settings.exe this time, I see that something has just forced the resolution to be set 640x480.

I've made a search on internet lately and probably got that the solution is called "GPU scaling" but there is no damn GPU scaling option in the VGA Display Properties section in my Catalyst CC.

Win7+ATI+good old game=F'n annoying problems. :CURSE:

Finally, I've f'n solved the problem. It's caused by the option called "EDID" that came with the latest version of CCC. Unchecked it and the problem got solved. :SMOKIN:

il512U.png

reinstall your VGA drivers

I already said that I did it before. Anyway, bud, thank you very much for caring. ;)

Can somebody tell me if when you see the entrance of the players on field, the ball on the referee's hand is always slightly moving? I always felt my graphics are way too poor for my graphics card (Radeon HD 4870 X2), as I can barely read the players name on the back of their shirt when they're taking a corner, for example, or have no sharpness at all on the goal nets or the adboards behind the goals. Sometimes I see a 'glow' on the players hair, depending on the angle, and kits with stripes are terrible. On close scenes there's not such problem and I have the LOD mixer working as I can see the captain armband (I play on wide camera).
Now I noticed that thing with the ball and I'm starting to think it's not just PES6 problem. I have the latest drivers, and use this 3D settings on CCC:

Anti-aliasing - 16x box
Anisotropic filtering - 16x
Catalyst AI - Advanced
Mipmap Detail Level - High Quality
Adaptive Anti Aliasing enabled

Can you help me..do you think this is normal, just a game limitation, or there's something wrong with my hardware/settings? I read somewhere Maxey or Alegor have the same graphics card I have and their screens look a lot better...

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom