S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Yeah the controller works fine with normal Steam games, I've never tried using it with a non-native Steam game but I know that's supposed to work as it's often recommended for people running games that aren't finding their controllers to use them via Steam. I'll play some more in the week :)
Spotted this in last night's Steam client beta update, maybe it's related to your issue?

7mxUyx5.png

New life sign from the devs - and an amazing one.

In game wip trailer:

waiting for december 2023... :BOUNCE:

Looks really good! Have to say I'm really not feeling the British voice actors, should be Ukrainian's speaking English, need that authentic accent (yes I know I can play it with Russian audio and English subtitles but that doesn't work for me).

New and finally release date trailer:

This looks so cool sitting on a camp fire someone playing guitar maybe old soviet music and you drink a cup of tea with an old enamel cup. Good ol' times :APPLAUD:

I preordered the ultimate edition on cd keys.

Price for the UE: cd keys 62,99€ and instant gaming 62,89€. Every prices for steam.

If I remember correct. The standard game version was at cd keys around ~ 30€.

I can not wait till 5th of september to celebrate the release and Emroth's birthday. :BOP::BOUNCE::DANCE::EASY:

Preordering any bigger game these days is a self-induced recipe for getting fucked in the anus. I'll never get why anyone still does that, especially on games like these which have been pushed back countless times already. Red flags can't get any brighter than that, it's borderline masochism at this point, as much as I'd love for this to turn out great.
(It probably won't)

Preordering any bigger game these days is a self-induced recipe for getting fucked in the anus. I'll never get why anyone still does that, especially on games like these which have been pushed back countless times already. Red flags can't get any brighter than that, it's borderline masochism at this point, as much as I'd love for this to turn out great.
(It probably won't)
Hi Tom, I agree with you to 99% of all games around excist. But for this masterpiece I can make an exception.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise is one of my all time favorite series games. I have all 3 first ones and was never disapointed about these.
And everything what I saw and read about the 2nd one makes me :....

And I also love to give the ukrainian devs every Cent! :BEER:

Hi Tom, I agree with you to 99% of all games around excist. But for this masterpiece I can make an exception.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise is one of my all time favorite series games. I have all 3 first ones and was never disapointed about these.

The crucial question is: Are the same devs from the first game of the series working on this one? I don't mean the same company, I mean the same exact devs. If the devs were replaced with younger ones good luck.

The crucial question is: Are the same devs from the first game of the series working on this one? I don't mean the same company, I mean the same exact devs. If the devs were replaced with younger ones good luck.

Who care? It doesen't matter if the devs are the same (remember the god damn war in ukraine in which maybe some devs are fighting about alive or dead) or not.

Just my 2 cent's.

Last edited:
Who care? It doesen't matter if the devs are the same (remember the god damn war in ukraine in which maybe some devs are fighting about alive or dead) or not.

Just my 2 cent's.
First of all, I had a genuine question. This is a videogame, any current circumstances in Ukraine aren't my fault, I do consider them but I'm not a person who will make payments out of pity because of these circumstances. If I want to help there are other ways outside of gaming.
Secondly, I know many Ukrainian devs are now based abroad in countries like Poland and this was sometimes the case even before the conflict.
That said, my point stands: If the studio has different devs working on this sequel I'll just wait and see because I don't trust the younger generation of devs unfortunately and also the directions they're given.

My gf is Ukrainian, she thanks you, Slava Ukraini! And STALKER is horosho.

And yet here you are buying the game for cheap on a site that isn't an official reseller, meaning the devs won't see a single cent of your purchase. I don't mean to piss on your parade, it's a noble thought for sure, but if you're truly interested in supporting the devs, then buy the game on their site or on Steam at least.

Sorry for being slightly OT here, but has anyone tried the Anomaly mod, with call of Pipyat? It does look good.

I haven't played stalker since Shadow.

Just wondered if it's worth the effort. Without me wading through YT videos.

Realised that i created this thread in oct of 2021, and I've been pumped for this ever since, but jeebus how long it's been (understand why) since I first thought we'd get it

And yet here you are buying the game for cheap on a site that isn't an official reseller, meaning the devs won't see a single cent of your purchase. I don't mean to piss on your parade, it's a noble thought for sure, but if you're truly interested in supporting the devs, then buy the game on their site or on Steam at least.
Hi Tom, I have since some years Disability pension. That mean I have less than 950€ per month be available. Half of this money is for my rent for my apartment.

Yea it is not easy but because of this I can't pay just like that 110,00€ because it would be to much. So 62,00€ for me is not cheap.
But I like to have the Limited Edition because like I said I love Stalker games.

Thanks for appreciation. :)
End of this disscusion please.

Sorry for being slightly OT here, but has anyone tried the Anomaly mod, with call of Pipyat? It does look good.

+1 curious as well

@Tom @Emroth

Hi guys, after some more research. It appears that the Anomaly mod i have mentioned is a standalone mod that is over 8gb. It appears that this could be classed as a cracked copy. I assume the game (call of pripyat) comes with it.

If this falls against the rules. Please could you remove the link.
Sorry for being OT and not checking first.

Cheers mate, might go for it.
Let me know if you do
I have installed it, and all is good, Although i have yet to go out into the zone, i have found a store. I only have 1000 R. so can't buy any weapons atm.
I can only buy small items. I noticed also there is a rolled up Russian copy of Playboy for sale (why!?). :THINK: :D
Anyway i will let you know Rocko by PM how i get on.
More info here on this fan site https://anomalymod.com/
EDIT
One last snippet so you can see it in action. This is from the "escape from Pripyat" add on. I like the players style, how he doesn't have many rubles and decides to follow a gunfight so he can get a weapon from a dead person. Less Stalker more Scavenger :D

Last edited:
I have installed it, and all is good, Although i have yet to go out into the zone, i have found a store. I only have 1000 R. so can't buy any weapons atm.
I can only buy small items. I noticed also there is a rolled up Russian copy of Playboy for sale (why!?). :THINK: :D
Anyway i will let you know Rocko by PM how i get on.
More info here on this fan site https://anomalymod.com/
EDIT
One last snippet so you can see it in action. This is from the "escape from Pripyat" add on. I like the players style, how he doesn't have many rubles and decides to follow a gunfight so he can get a weapon from a dead person. Less Stalker more Scavenger :D
Cool, I think I'll jump in when I have the time, completely hooked on RDR 2 atm.
Please do mate

If you like the Stalker universe for its vibe and atmosphere, I absolutely recommend it. Actually if you just like games in general I recommend at least trying it out. It is free after all.

As you are probably already aware it's not something to go for if you're after a story driven, narrative experience. Some will argue that's what STALKER is best at which is fair enough. However I got absolutely addicted to Anomaly and more specifically GAMMA (A modpack based on Anomaly) and it's honestly given me some of my best gaming experiences in years. No exaggeration. I felt like I had unearthed the PES5 of open world survival games. And it's a free mod.

If you like the idea of making the experience more hardcore/scavenger style, then GAMMA is definitely the way to go over EFP or some of the other modpacks. You can't buy weapons or armour etc. Sounds like a chore but actually it creates a very satisfying gameplay loop as you find and repair better stuff over time rather than discovering all the shiny cool things right from the start. I'm very impressed with how it all works together considering it's nearly 500 mods now, it feels like a big budget title in many ways.

On topic: I hadn't played stalker for such a long time but mods got me back into it again and as a result I'll probably be buying stalker 2 at some point. Though I appreciate it's not going for the same thing as Anomaly/GAMMA I'm hoping the atmosphere and general gameplay will be enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom