Red Dead Redemption 2

I get RDR2 2 times tryed 3 times to complete the story but:

I really like the first part in the snowy mountains and the story telling. But after this I even lost my interest.

In short. The openworld destroyes the story for my toughts.

It is more a reskin mod of a GTA game. For example. If you somewhere around the map in absolutley nowhere if you kill or rob someone. For what reason or why the hell did the marshalls know what there happened and that you was the bad guy. I mean where are the danm smartphones or securitycams or something. It is not logic. The marshalls are in around one minute to the place where it was.
This is for me absolutley gamebreaking.

Yea. There are cheats but with this you cant save your succes. It's so stupid made by rockstar.

And because of this. I don't like it and can not understand how guys love it. But if you all like it, no problem mate's. I can accept it.

~ my toughts about RDR2
Maybe I don't remember well but doesn't the wanted scheme work under a witness trigger?

Maybe I don't remember well but doesn't the wanted scheme work under a witness trigger?

Yes, someone has to witness the crime and then report it to law enforcement.
Once he reports it, then they look for you.

If they don't find you then you get away with it.

Personally, I think the law enforcement in RDR2 is really good and I never thought it felt completely unrealistic.

Attachments

• 1657525539311.png
    1657525539311.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 1657525561887.png
    1657525561887.png
    227.9 KB · Views: 7
A few things.
After 10-15 hrs I suddenly got a bug (not the creep) with trying to sleep ,I red you had to position yourself perfectly in an angle to trigger the Y=sleep X= sit down screen.
Didn't happened in my first 10 hrs or so.

I think the days are way to short ,I get up ride out ,hunt sell some crap and it's evening already ,is there a option to fix that on console?

Thank you very much sir!

I have added most of the mods you shared. They are doing wonders.
I also gave a try to Vestigia. It does look good, but night lightening are so dark that I can barely see anything, even in cities.

Reactions: Tom
Thank you very much sir!

I have added most of the mods you shared. They are doing wonders.
I also gave a try to Vestigia. It does look good, but night lightening are so dark that I can barely see anything, even in cities.

That's great, glad you're enjoying them! That's probably a known bug for Vestigia, worth checking the discussion thread, or maybe you need to use your lantern to keep you safe ;)

Edit: Just looked on Nexus and he released a fix for nights himself!

1657783791826.png

https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1549?tab=files

Started new playthrough.
Entirely in first person, no HUD, free aiming.
Wow, the immersion of this game is unbelievable. Slow pace works great for me, as I have plenty of time to enjoy the world around me. Feels like interactive movie.
There's so much detail in this game. Every dialog is top notch, even interacting with other gang members while riding towards a mission always adds to the story and characters.
Thought I will have some issues with triggering missions in first person with no HUD, but with one button you can temporarily switch radar on that shows where to go.
Think its the last good game we will ever get from Rockstar, at least story wise.

Do you think they'll make number 3? If so where do they go with it? Would you play as Hosea or Dutch? or maybe Davey and it ends with the black water massacre and getting shot and dying on the wagon up to colter

Id rather if they made a new story, at the peak of Wild West. This whole industrialisation put me off. Hated st.Denis.
Would like to see native americans more. Maybe even play as one of them?
I can see a good redemtpion story potential in it.

But I cant see Rockstar making it. Money is too easy to come by with GTA and remakes. Id say most we can hope for is remake of both 1 and 2 in the future.
Red Dead online was a big failure (Rockstar fault entirely), so there is not much profit to be had there.

RDR 2 was one of the best games ever made and the story and side missions were incredible.
KOTOR story wise still wins it for me - Never saw the twist coming and was just brilliant.

I would love a RDR 3, but I seriously doubt it will happen.
GTA 6 will just make RockStar too much money and they will just monetise the online element for years after that, so even if they did want to do a RDR 3 development wouldn't start till 2/3 years after GTA 6 is released.
As much as I like GTA, it isn't as good as RDR 2 - Just gutted never played the original RDR as playing it now, the controls and everything feel incredibly dated.

Its a crazy good game, one of those where you just come home from a long day, start the game, pick a quite spot and enjoy the scenery and sound. I'm just glad and lucky to play both 1 and 2 and i'd like to see both games as one game and not compare them to eachother, although, entering Mexico and seeing the change in topography, weather, people, culture and language will be one of the most prominent gaming moments for me. Like is said, it would a disservice to compare these two games so i'd like to put them on same regards (just a hit of bias towards the first one lol).

They need to remake RDR 1 as a DLC to RDR2 on the PC that would be insane, even better if you could go from the epilogue to RDR1 (side note as a pc player I've never played RDR 1)

Do you think they'll make number 3? If so where do they go with it? Would you play as Hosea or Dutch? or maybe Davey and it ends with the black water massacre and getting shot and dying on the wagon up to colter

There should be a new one set in the time of the Oregon trail, anyone else seen the series 1883? Absolutely incredible television that must be watched immediately! Imagine that era as a game.

There should be a new one set in the time of the Oregon trail, anyone else seen the series 1883? Absolutely incredible television that must be watched immediately! Imagine that era as a game.

Just watched 1883 recently absolutely loved it. Went straight back to red dead redemption 2 after. Off topic but are there Any other shows you could recommend thst are as good as this. 1883 is the best I have seen I ages.

This is the stuff i'd like to see more, random recommendations from like minded folks, will be checking it out, thanks.

RDR 2 was one of the best games ever made and the story and side missions were incredible.
KOTOR story wise still wins it for me - Never saw the twist coming and was just brilliant.

I would love a RDR 3, but I seriously doubt it will happen.
GTA 6 will just make RockStar too much money and they will just monetise the online element for years after that, so even if they did want to do a RDR 3 development wouldn't start till 2/3 years after GTA 6 is released.
As much as I like GTA, it isn't as good as RDR 2 - Just gutted never played the original RDR as playing it now, the controls and everything feel incredibly dated.
KOTOR, Bloodlines and Deus Ex are the best games ever imo with Silent Storm and Operation Flashpoint coming close. Half-life would be near these games if the end game wasn't ridiculous.

I watched Yellowstone, which this is the prequal for.
But I am sure it is a completely different program to what that is.

Yellowstone is kind of an over-the-top Succession.

Just watched 1883 recently absolutely loved it. Went straight back to red dead redemption 2 after. Off topic but are there Any other shows you could recommend thst are as good as this. 1883 is the best I have seen I ages.

I don't think there's any as good as it (besides Deadwood) that's set in the old west, Hell on Wheels was very decent. 1883 is a prequel to Yellowstone which I'd call a modern western, we absolutely love it, it's getting a second prequel 1923 with Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren! One I have in the queue to watch has an interesting premise, no idea how good or not it'll be: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3839822/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

I watched Yellowstone, which this is the prequal for.
But I am sure it is a completely different program to what that is.

Yellowstone is kind of an over-the-top Succession.

Personally I didn't get Succession vibes from it really, but yeah I could see that, we absolutely love Yellowstone! :) Succession is awesome too ;)

Last edited:
Personally I didn't get Succession vibes from it really, but yeah I could see that, we absolutely love Yellowstone! :) Succession is awesome too ;)

It was mainly in the first couple of seasons of the show that, I mainly got the Succession vibes from it.
I have enjoyed it, although being a little OTT.

But, I have enjoyed watching it and will probably start 1883 after the 2nd season finishes.

Off topic, but holy shit, lads - thanks for "1883" suggestion. Just watcher first episode. First time since Deadwood I felt so immersed in Wild West series.

Off topic, but holy shit, lads - thanks for "1883" suggestion. Just watcher first episode. First time since Deadwood I felt so immersed in Wild West series.

Yup :) Anything Taylor Sheridan creates is gold! He has a new show coming out soon set in Tulsa starring Sylvester Stallone as a Mafia Capo, can't wait for that one!

Back
Top Bottom