Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan M

Banned
27 September 2007
Manchester United
Right, me and the missus have discussed it and I'm thinking of buying a brand new car in a few weeks. I want something small but reliable. I know NOTHING about cars so what should I go for? (Silly replies will just be ignored! :-pp )

I have listed the cars we've discussed buying in a poll but there is an "other" option if you think I've missed a good one.

Also, could a moderator please correct my spelling of "Vauxhall" in the poll?

:))

Last edited:
New? Are you sure? You can get something a few years, or months old and save some money.

A new Fiesta is due sometime this year, so you may be able to pick one up cheap, or wait for the new model. Google it to see when the new model is due.

Golf is the most expensive in that list, and I would get that. But a used one.

What is the budget? And you want 5 door I assume?

It's defo gonna be a NEW car and I don't wanna spend over £13k.

Well, we don't want a large family car put it that way.

I would get the Golf - But Apparently they Gussle the Petrol!!!

I wish I had a spare few Grand to buy a car :((

Because I live in London I don't really need a car, but when I do.........I am part of a thing called 'Street Car' (Lots of Cars dotted around that you can book and use in a matter of minutes at any time of day :DD )

http://www.streetcar.co.uk/?gclid=CJTtsaD7h5ICFQ_clAodrANk-Q

They use Golfs and they are Lovely Jubley!!!!!!

Cheers for the input guys, much appreciated! :applause:

The New Honda Civic is.. DIGUSTING! thats the space age one.... what crack were they smoking?

Mike get a new Fiesta mate, its well within your price range and is a good little runabout, I prefer Fiesta's over Corsa's as they seem to drive better IMO.

Yeah I'm learning in a brand new Fiesta mate - great little car.

lol thanks Matherto.... Its a spacecraft on Wheels... seriously Lami it looks disgusting! compare it to this!!

honda_civic_type_r_2005_01.jpg
this looks lovely!

From experience, Toyota Yaris. Cheap, reliable and probably only cost you 50% of your war chest. Handy if you're taking out a loan.

Funny, Plan M, 2 hours ago we just bought a brand new one: a Nissan Note...but we have two kids, it's a family car...

I hate spending money on soemthing stupid as a car...but with kids you have to...

That's a good point Gerd makes actually. Cars are a dreadful investment. If you don't need one, then in this financial climate, taking out a loan is a bad idea (and if you have the cash, there's much better ways to use that money).

I doubt you can get a Golf for £13k new, maybe you can but it won't be a decent spec.

If it HAS to be new, then think about the Fiesta IMHO.
There is also the Astra which also looks very cool, but no idea on the price. Astra>>Corsa

stay away from Ford, i say golf is nice for that budget or an Honda which is very reliable...

stay away from Ford, i say golf is nice for that budget or an Honda which is very reliable...

What's wrong with the Fiesta?

Civic 1.4 is £14.5k
Golf S 5dr £12.8k

These are like lowest models, so for 13k you will be getting basic models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom