R.I.P. Miki Roqué

Damjan

World Cup Winner
16 July 2011
Arsenal|Juventus|ASSE
Today a man died way too young. Miki Roqué was only 23 years old and has passed today after a year long battle with cancer. May he rest in peace.
miki-roque-621949890.jpg

188006_159062834148450_1667624_n.jpg

R.I.P. Miki Roqué

Cancer just 23?Fuck,R.I.P.My thoughts are with his family now,the lad was too young...

i'm really still in disbelieve the guy was so young he hasn't seen life yet! May he rest in peace & God bless his soul :(

Terrible news, may he rest in peace.
I hope UEFA will remember him in next EURO matches.

He was at Liverpool not so long ago under Benitez and then moved back to Spain I believe.

Twenty three is no age at all. Sad news indeed. RIP lad.

23 years old! it's so unsettling to hear about a young guy having to deal with cancer at such a young age. i can't even imagine how his parents and friends must feel now.
riposi in pace.

Godwin Antwi ‏@Antwi_4
:( :( WHY MIKI ROQUE AND BESIAN IDRIZAJ :( .. MY TWO BRO MAY U GUYS REST IN PEACE.. LOVE N RESPECT <3 :( :( <3

AwMQD3ACEAEci9Y.jpg

Besian died too! i was wondering why wasn't he at Swansea anymore oh God youngster are dying a lot lately :(

'Miki was humble and talented'

Liverpool FC's club chaplain Bill Bygroves today spoke of his sadness at the news that former Red Miki Roque passed away on Sunday after losing his battle with cancer.

art_miki_roque_1.jpg

The 23-year-old was on Liverpool's books between 2005 and 2009. When he arrived on Merseyside, Miki lived with Bill and his family for a couple of weeks as he adjusted to his new surroundings.

"We were deeply saddened to hear the news about Miki," said Bill. "He started out here living in our home and it was a real shock when we found out the news last night.

"He was a really nice young man. He was bright, talented, hard working, thoughtful, cheerful, courteous and popular. He loved his family, his country, his friends and his football.

"I remember when I first met him, he was shy. But he was excited about coming here to Liverpool and I suppose he was a little bit nervous about starting - but then again you would be. He was ambitious and keen to start training.

"He would eat with us and live with us and my wife and I really valued him. When he was with us, he was like part of our family. Back then he was just a typical teenager who would like to play on the Playstation.

"But he was a very popular lad and he made friends very easily, especially considering he was just picking up bits of English as he went along."

The staff at Liverpool also took very quickly to Miki, who netted in the 2006 FA Youth Cup final.

"The coaches really appreciated Miki's qualities as a person," continued Bill. "They loved him. He would look forward every day to going to training.

"Pako Ayesterian was first-team coach and he had a great working relationship with Miki because the lad had a great desire to succeed and a great attitude towards work. I know Rafael Benitez and all his coaches greatly valued Miki.

miki.jpg

"He was delighted to be here in Liverpool. He really was. He was a really talented, genuine person and one of the things that stood out about him was how polite he was. He was a great representative of his family and his country, because he was fiercely proud to be from Spain."

The defender made his only first-team appearance as a substitute in a Champions League match against Galatasaray in December 2006 and Bill insists Miki was proud to have worn the Liverbird upon his chest.

"He was immensely proud of his first-team appearance," explained Bill. "He always talked about how proud he was to play for Liverpool and to sign for such a huge club.

"He loved being around the place and getting involved - he would always do so much work in the community. But he relished that type of work and I think that was just another example of what a humble and dedicated person he was."

After a short while under Bill's roof, Miki spent the remainder of his time on Merseyside living with Geoff and Jean Park. Geoff being a lecturer in Spanish at Liverpool University helped Miki settle in further.

"Miki lived with Geoff and Jean and their family for the period of his time in Liverpool. They and we are really upset by this news," said Bill. "Tomorrow, Miki will be laid to rest and Geoff will deliver a letter to Miki's family on behalf of Liverpool Football Club.

"If I could sum the young man up in just a few words, it would be that he was enthusiastic, conscientious and talented and above all an absolute credit to his family. My thoughts, prayers and deep condolences are with his family. RIP Miguel."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/miki-was-humble-and-talented

Back
Top Bottom