PS pad suddenly stopped working!!

simon1875

Non-League
22 August 2021
Really hoping someone can help!

Only play PES21 with mods. Been playing it consistently for 18 months or so and suddenly the game doesn’t recognise my PS4 pad

pad works fine on everything else and with the keyboard the game works fine but all of a sudden, literally over night won’t recognise my pad.
Done all the usual troubleshooting with reinstating my pad via Bluetooth and plugged in both pc settings and steam settings and done this with 3 different pads and all the same - yet all work on other games!?
Even done a factory reset on my pad no change.
Downloaded efootball and works fine one that too

nothing online or on YouTube seems relevant and people far more computer savvy than me can’t work it out

anybody else ever experienced this - especially in the last few days as like I said I’ve had at least 18 months of completely uninterrupted gaming without anything similar ever happening

I never once touched any controller settings before this so can’t see it’s anything I’ve physically done

any help or suggestions massively appreciated

Probably not the issue, but have you got any mods that are even remotely connected with the controller. Like cursor removal or buttons. It's a long shot but it sounds like it's clutching at straws time.

On the odd occasion over the years, i have found that sometimes the controller type select in the pes settings exe file would change to default.

Have you also tried to run the game without sider to see if the issue persists? that would eliminate any mod conflicts.

EDIT almost forgot. when you say pc settings. Do you mean things like reinstalling your ps4 pad driver? if not maybe worth trying.
Other than that i wish you luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply

yep tried the original game with no mods and exactly the same

genuinely baffled 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you play Steam ver. you could check in the library PES21>(right click)>'Properties'>Controller and enable Steam input.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom