Problem with vsyc PES 2012

Yes mate we had a whole discussion on it last year & i also read a lot about it on Guru3d , i even emailed AMD about it,but to no avail.It was supposed to be fixed in the AMD 6xxx series cards & to fair i haven't had any problems with it since i upgraded to the 6xxx series, but i had a lot of problems with my old 5xxx series card & the only way i could get rid of it was by flashing the cards bios to use 3d clocks across the board totally removing AMD's powerplay settings (2d clocks).The problem is when in game your card keeps slipping between 2d & 3d clocks causing stuttering,there is an easier fix than flashing HERE,but i would download something like MSI Afterburner first ( just for monitoring,i'm not suggesting you OC ) & leave the Monitor open while playing pes2012 , you will be able to see on the graph if your card is downclocking.You will also probably notice that pes2012 & in fact 2011 use very little of the GPU & a shit load of the CPU but there's very little to be done about this.

Last edited:
Ah...it's fixed. Damn. :( That's driving me crazy. What's even more wrose is that it sometimes works and I just have NO explanation why. Guess I'll stick to D3D Overrider. Or the PS3 verrsion, for that matter.

I'm having some framerate issues as well. Firstly, I just thought PES 2012 went far too fast, but I think it was because it was skipping frames, so I turned the "enable skip frames" thing off, but now everything lags a tiny bit, no matter what picture quality I set the game to.

The weird thing is, PES 2011 runs smooth as silk with optimized (and the same) settings. I've tried a combination of the solutions suggested in this thread, but nothing really seems to work. That said, every time I've tried downloading the Catalyst program, I always end up with 'AMD Vision Engine Control Center' being installed - is that the same program?

I've also tried writing the .bat file and using the 3DOverrider (which is a program that just occanionally will turn itself on on my computer, for whatever reason).

Can anyone recommend me a setup or some suggestions that might work to not have the game skip frames, but also not lag?

Here's my specs;

CPU; AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M320 x 2 ‎(2.09Ghz)‎
RAM; 3,5 GIG
GPU; ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series ‎(PS3.0/VS3.0)
VRAM; 512

Any suggestions on how to make the game run like PES 2011 runs? Any ideas what might be the difference?

I can't think of anything else to try mate sorry, as for AMD Vision Engine Control Center it's exactly the same as Catalyst Control Center... it's just a branding thing ... if you have an AMD CPU & GPU = AMD Vision Engine Control Center & if you have an AMD GPU & any other type of CPU = Catalyst Control Center

Ah, ok, thanks. :) I just uninstalled the whole AMD Engine Control, turned off frame skipping, tried a different resolution and set the picture image to low, and now it works pretty well. :)

This method should work for AMD/ATI cards. You will need to have Catalyst Control Center installed on your computer (it comes with the official catalyst driver and can be downloaded here.)

Do as follows:
Open Catalyst Control Center --> Gaming --> 3D Application Settings --> Anti-Aliasing Mode

Move the anti-aliasing slider to the right (towards quality) in order to enable Super-sample AA.

There's really no reason to do anything with the PES settings. Leave them at high quality etc.

Last edited:
Didn't work for me.

well you already tried it mate, it's just what was posted before by hlinskin

Have you tried catalyst control centre and setting anti aliasing mode to super sampling. Had to do this in pes 2011 with my hd 5770 as the game wasn't working the gpu hard enough and it was down clocking or something. Without doing that the game stuttered.

This method should work for AMD/ATI cards. You will need to have Catalyst Control Center installed on your computer (it comes with the official catalyst driver and can be downloaded here.)

Do as follows:
Open Catalyst Control Center --> Gaming --> 3D Application Settings --> Anti-Aliasing Mode

Move the anti-aliasing slider to the right (towards quality) in order to enable Super-sample AA.

There's really no reason to do anything with the PES settings. Leave them at high quality etc.

I did this, but it only made the game slower and stuttering.

I got the reason of all my problems so far..IT WAS A VIRUS!!!!!!!!
TR/Dld.Unruy.H12..Since I detected it my PES2012 runs smoother like oil
Thanks everybody for your answers in order to help me out :)

Didn't want to open a new thread, but if I'm correct, does the tearing in anyway include a horizontal line across the screen? If so, thats what I'm getting, but thats most likley due to I can pick V-sync as I'm running on a 75 Hertz monitor correct?

Last edited:
Didn't want to open a new thread, but if I'm correct, does the tearing in anyway include a horizontal line across the screen? If so, thats what I'm getting, but thats most likley due to I can pick V-sync as I'm running on a 75 Hertz monitor correct?

i'm having the same problem as you and seph i think. But the game itself seems to be running smooth (passing, dribbling etc) but when the camera goes to the left side or right side of the field there is a stutter in it.

I changed almost every option in my catalyst center. I even downclocked my HD6950 like someone advised on youtube with pes2011.
With V-synq OFF, I have a horizontal line sometimes like you describe (with limited stuttering) and with the V-synq option ON the camera stutters like hell from left to right :s

I even removed it from my SSD and installed it on a regular HD but the problem was exactly the same. I also reinstalled my drivers of my videocard (was trying everything i could come up with).

Are you guys using win (7) 64bit as well? I'm thinking about installing win 7 32bit on a different drive just to see if the problem is the same

Getting stuttering on PES now and I swear I never used to get it. Tried adjusting the 2D clock, tried upping the AA in CCC, nothing seems to fix it. The gameplay is fine for 5-10 seconds and then stutters.

Running a 6950 and other games work fine, just PES that seems to have problems.

check your LOD settings, are you using jenkey or yair patch?

Neither. Double checked all settings, changed everything and it becomes stuttery when Vsync is turned on. If I turn it off, I get a blurry line across the screen.

Tried triple buffering, changed LOD settings, nothing fixes it. Vsync just seems broken.

Tried in both 1920x1200 (native res) and 1920x1080 as well.

OK so I gotta share this experience I've had during the weekend which was a real game changer for me. If you've followed this forum during the years you've probably seen my comments in every Vsync related thread to every game since Pes 2008 where problems began for me. In line with that Galatasay-dude always whining to Konami for a fix..

I've felt the responsiveness on PC has never been as good as on the consoles. I have always had pretty much top of the line powered PCs so the issue has never been there..
After trying all sorts of solutions like RivaTuner, D3D Overrider and so on, I found the main thing causing issues for me. If you have used a Game Booster that may do the same fix as the solution I've used.

So I've always felt that PES dont allocate all resources of the computer while playing. Windows seems to always take a lot of RAM and prioritizing of the PES process seems disabled. So I checked with CPU-Z if my CPU was always at 100% while playing, and found that is was NOT! Odd..

So what happens is that the ratio for the clock decreases when It feels it's not working. So when that happens ingame you get slower a slower CPU -> slower response. This auto downstepping of the CPU-ratio is a BIOS-enabled feature in my case (using a ASUS-motherboard).
It's called Intel Speed-Step Technology. And its enabled by default.

1. Disable that shit. Learn to live with the fact that the computer uses default CPU speed all the time.

2. Use RivaTuners D3d Overrider with just Vsync forced, no triple buffering. This forces Vsync with good response during gameplay.

3. In Pes-settings, enable V-sync option to get fluid replays / cutscenes. This seems to only effect those sequences, when already forced on in D3D overrider.

Play the game with perfect response, no tearing and fluid replays, 60 fps all the way.

Back
Top Bottom