PES2008 PS2 version is the lost game / video thread

Hi @fmicablues7 , I have quickly put together a little tutorial. I am not sure if it will help you but it's a good reminder for me every year in case I forget :D

It is still uploading to HD but here it is anyway.

Hey mate. If it's not up to privacy issue, could you make this video public?

IMHO it's the first time i watch a so well placed tutorial about PS2 editing and i think it will become a part of PES editing legacy.

Hi @fmicablues7 , I have quickly put together a little tutorial. I am not sure if it will help you but it's a good reminder for me every year in case I forget :D

It is still uploading to HD but here it is anyway.

Fantastic ! I have a problem though. By default, the kits are not in e_sound.afs normally. Did you do that change yourself, or maybe do you use an edited SLES ? I remember @marqisspes6 talking about that, but i'm not sure.

Fantastic ! I have a problem though. By default, the kits are not in e_sound.afs normally. Did you do that change yourself, or maybe do you use an edited SLES ? I remember @marqisspes6 talking about that, but i'm not sure.
I made that change to move the kits into e_sound.afs is not really easy to explain if im honest, but if @geeeeee has no issue you can use his iso as a base

Great tutorial video! I got a question:

In the video you are using pes 2013 kits. Would there be any difference if I use kits from other versions like pes 6?

If you have time to do more tutorials for ps2 editing, it would be great, for example how to add logos/national team flags, and how to change the names of national teams in game.

I made that change to move the kits into e_sound.afs is not really easy to explain if im honest, but if @geeeeee has no issue you can use his iso as a base
Did you modify only the SLES file ? Was it the default SLES file ? If yes I will use the one in his iso then. :)

Did you create a map for the kits ? The english teams (who are not licensed by default) have kits in the new map for example ?

Did you modify only the SLES file ? Was it the default SLES file ? If yes I will use the one in his iso then. :)

yes i did that

Did you create a map for the kits ? The english teams (who are not licensed by default) have kits in the new map for example ?

the kits order follows the same logic as teams

austria
belgium
etc

Hey mate. If it's not up to privacy issue, could you make this video public?

IMHO it's the first time i watch a so well placed tutorial about PS2 editing and i think it will become a part of PES editing legacy.
Hey, I have made it public just for you and the public :D

I agree!

Personally I think there's a very successful YouTube channel out there for someone who could make PS2 editing tutorials.

Thanks both for your comments guys :) I thought it was pretty rushed but what do I know :D

Yes @fmicablues7 it is all thanks to @marqisspes6 as I don't have a clue how to do that. But feel free to use my ISO.

In the video you are using pes 2013 kits. Would there be any difference if I use kits from other versions like pes 6?

If you have time to do more tutorials for ps2 editing, it would be great, for example how to add logos/national team flags, and how to change the names of national teams in game.

Thanks, I am not sure about other kits maybe @marqisspes6 will know but I know that he is a very busy man ;)

I have attached the pdf which is a map for the kits in that file. Hopefully that helps. :)

Attachments

• PES 2008 TEAM SLOTS 2022-23.pdf
    907.1 KB · Views: 4
I do still communicate with him privately, i will ask him what his time frame is :)
I still think it's such unfortunate they guy got banned. Hope mod can reverse their decision one day, i mean i saw a member that got banned coming back here, why not vialli 🙂

I still think it's such unfortunate they guy got banned. Hope mod can reverse their decision one day, i mean i saw a member that got banned coming back here, why not vialli 🙂

I don’t know the full story but i am sure that the mods would not have rushed their decision ;) Hopefully we’ll see him one day here. :)

Hey, I have made it public just for you and the public :D

Thanks both for your comments guys :) I thought it was pretty rushed but what do I know :D

Yes @fmicablues7 it is all thanks to @marqisspes6 as I don't have a clue how to do that. But feel free to use my ISO.

Thanks, I am not sure about other kits maybe @marqisspes6 will know but I know that he is a very busy man ;)

I have attached the pdf which is a map for the kits in that file. Hopefully that helps. :)
Thanks mate. It's really important, cause anyone can retrieve and watch the video in the future, via your YouTube channel, without having to remember the specific post on this thread and dig out for the unique link. 👍

It took me months of casually playing exhibition with my custom tweaked squads and formations, as well as rare sweaty moments to come to realize that initial timing and strength of press could be used to impact the pureness of a shot, probably best utilized at the end of a practically certain chance, i.e. 1 on 1 opportunity. Certainly PES 2008 was a favorite of mine at the time.

yes and no, you can do it with a regular iso of pes2008 but i think you'll need to import from pes6 ps2 the file 1024 from 0_text.afs, i cant remember exactly where the pes2008 models are, i need to recheck that, but the problem with having the pes2013 model is that the skin mapping changes a lot, so is using pes2013 kits, or pes6 kits you can't have both at least for now :(

The last two games of the 4th round in the Lews All Comers Cup 20-23, for you @Flipper the Priest :D

France v A. Madrid
Bologna v Genoa
Portugal v Fulham
Ajax v West Ham

The Quarter Final games have actually already been played, just a bit behind uploading them :P

Here they are…

I am joining my brother today to finish off the tournament. :)

In cup mode I saw many additional national teams like Venezuela, Bosnia, Jamaica... How do I edit these teams? And is there a way to make them appear in friendly games, too?

Is there a way to import a csv file with stats and other settings to PES2008 OF? I noticed the editor has an option to create csv file, but not to import it.

Hi, I think this could help you…

Thread 'PES/WE/J League Text Editor 2005-2010'
https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-we-j-league-text-editor-2005-2010.91956/

Ooh, I didn't know about this!

@marqisspes6 - I may be showing my ignorance here, but could it ever be adapted to edit game text? The lack of straight English translations for JLWE 2009 and 2010 bugs my happiness. I'd love to know if there's a more simple way than translating a bazillion .str files in DkZ studio.

@marqisspes6 - I may be showing my ignorance here, but could it ever be adapted to edit game text? The lack of straight English translations for JLWE 2009 and 2010 bugs my happiness. I'd love to know if there's a more simple way than translating a bazillion .str files in DkZ studio.

nope, only going one by one there's no easy way, and if there is, there'll be always a cost on that, some text have some special characters example %s %d which usually in programming are use for waiting a type of value, and... the best way to have an api that could translate something is google translate, or chat gpt (but we need to pay) and we both know none of them are perfect you'll probably end up wasting more time correcting AI errors than doing it by yourself

nope, only going one by one there's no easy way, and if there is, there'll be always a cost on that, some text have some special characters example %s %d which usually in programming are use for waiting a type of value, and... the best way to have an api that could translate something is google translate, or chat gpt (but we need to pay) and we both know none of them are perfect you'll probably end up wasting more time correcting AI errors than doing it by yourself

Thought that was the case. Oh well, I'll consider my options. Even if I could get enough changed to play friendlies/sort formations without the need for the Google Translate camera!

Thanks for the info!

I came across this AFS map for ps2:
https://www.virtuared.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=277

I don't know how accurate it is and haven't tested anything yet but it looks very useful to me as I didn't know where to find things like emblems, balls etc before.

I saw there are also adboards and stadiums in this list. Is it even possible to change stadiums or we can only use the stadiums that are in the original game?

I came across this AFS map for ps2:
https://www.virtuared.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=277

I don't know how accurate it is and haven't tested anything yet but it looks very useful to me as I didn't know where to find things like emblems, balls etc before.

I saw there are also adboards and stadiums in this list. Is it even possible to change stadiums or we can only use the stadiums that are in the original game?

For ps2 there was never stadium created, only change of textures, and the pc stadiums won't work it will crash, im working on trying to create model so if it works then it will be possible to have new stadiums but... Is quite hard if you ask me

Back
Top Bottom