Pes Stats Database is gone forever

Hi Guys Brezza here , classic moderator from years back, probably as for as 08 lol. Incredibly gutted to hear this, the site was a big part of my life and others.
I haven't been active for a long while but still used to the site to update my option file to this very day. Hopefully the database can be resurrected to some capicity. thank you guys for your hard work.

could be a DMCA the reason for shutting down just like that ? or just because traffic dropped heavily because of the new PES version ?

could be a DMCA the reason for shutting down just like that ? or just because traffic dropped heavily because of the new PES version ?
The site was dying, the code was a mess, and hosting was a nightmare, they were always double charging for hosting and stuff. Apparently after the owner decided to disappear and burn everything (with 2 months worth of patreon money? who knows, I want to think not).

EDIT: For what josev says, surely NOT

Last edited:
no, there wasn't any significant money on patreon when he left, and never was, and it's not something you can make money off vs what you put into creation, it was barely enough to pay for hosting. most of what was left has been paid for the last hosting charge at absurd rate, as i was saying, montly pay for two weeks, and when they asked for it again there wasn't enough money left, they simply fucked us over

PSD was really important part of my life, I really enjoyed it and I took small part in forum discussion about players that I was watching. My brother too, PSD was our stuff that always connected us and we were always kidding that it was our safe space in this chaotic world, only real truth that we knew.

Anyway, I am front-end web developer, but I could only give couple of hours weekly for this. Other thing and I think more important is that I'd do is to pay some kind of monthly subscription (like I am doing for PSD Patreon now), for site to be up and healthy.

It's sad. I used to spend hours and hours manually editing players using PSD. Maybe someone with web skills can duplicate it under a different name. Or even buy the domain!

@A.A.A @Epsi
Hello guys, I'm a developer myself too, and i always wanted to start a website for stats honestly, but I'm always finding issue where how to start, where to get players basic stats, transfer data, handle the users, etc.
If you or any other modder from PSD is interest into working together for a new stats website, i wouldn't mind to work with you, im mostly a old gen pes fan (ps2 style, and more pes5 than anything else) but i won't mind to help and collaborate for newer pes/we games :)
I'm can be help

Hey epsi, Albo here, former admin of the site for several several years. You might know well I was inactive for the last years or so but I was still popping up from time to time and was still using the site for the stats we had given away so many hours of our life to. Needless to say I understand how you feel, and just will say I will miss you guys, just the fact that PSD is not out there anymore really upsets me (had a similar feeling when we lost the forums, but now it’s even heavier). Just a heads up and a goodbye too all the guys we spent time with laughing and working all these years, we had really become a family at a point, rob, wonie, fixer, korinov, mracho, rotti, epsi, etc etc!

Danny Rose said that whenever Spurs buy a player he would ‘Google‘ the name because they are normally not well known.

Me, I would normally ‘PSD’ the player to see how good they were. I had to stop myself when Spurs recently bought Guglielmo Vicario instead of David Raya. I was about to ‘PSD’ them to compare them both but then I remembered…:((

Last edited:
Danny Rose said that whenever Spurs buy a player he would ‘Google‘ the name because they are normally not well known.

Me, I would normally ‘PSD’ the player to see how good they were. I had to stop myself when Spurs recently bought Guglielmo Vicario instead of David Raya. I was about to ‘PSD’ them to compare them both but then I remembered…:((
I think it’s a bit out of order just deleting an entire website knowing how much it’s relied on by PES enthusiasts. The guy who ran it should have at least made a backup of the player stats and offered it to people before deleting. The people that made PSD a possibility were the people that contributed to building it by providing accurate player stats. Without those people no one would have used the owners website. I think it’s completely selfish that the owner deleted it.

How about offline version of pesstatsdatabase.com?
Many years ago, I made a selection of my favorite leagues using а program Offline Explorer. There are also other programs for complete copying of websites and work offline. A copy of the website can be placed in an archive or ISO image. Such an archive can be placed in a cloud service or file hosting. For example, Google Drive, MEGA or Archive.org. Is it possible that none of the dedicated PSD enthusiasts have a complete copy?

Nrby at one point said the website wouldn't last more than a year on Rob's watch. It did last a decent bit longer but still ended in his hands. The website dying was regrettable, and a lot of precious content (not just sets) was lost with it, but the signs were all there for everyone to see. The community closed itself more and more over the years, was hostile to the newcomers whom were necessary to replace outgoing/retiring mods, failed to adapt to the newer games, would change the rating standards on Rob's whims, often without providing guidelines and there was some real intent by Rob to detach the sets from the only thing resembling an objective reference to the stats: the game itself. Which would make PSD deviate from it's original purpose: to make player sets that accurately replicate the real players to be used on PES games. It was a very slow death, and not at all surprising to anybody who was involved.

Now this is conjecture on my part, but from the time i spent there and the interactions i had with him and the things he spoke often it seemed to me that for a while Rob believed he could turn PSD into a legitimate player scouting service. Why? Well obviously as the leader/owner he could at one point in the future make a lot of money with something like that, hence why he wanted to get away from the games and how stats worked on them, and that was never realistic. Not with the limited amount of parameters a PES 6 set had, and also because of something FM struggles with as well. The manpower required for a database of that scale is immense and FM only manages it because the statmakers they have are unpaid volunteers. The severe lack of manpower meant PSD only had a very small amount of up to date sets in select leagues and on the last few years most sets were largely guesswork, where we'd try to get a player's main attributes on the right ballpark while leaving some blanks in low values to be updated later. Considering all that no sane club would pay for an innacurate and limited scouting service that only provides up to date sets for the biggest players in the world, so that plan was doomed from the start.

Nrby at one point said the website wouldn't last more than a year on Rob's watch. It did last a decent bit longer but still ended in his hands. The website dying was regrettable, and a lot of precious content (not just sets) was lost with it, but the signs were all there for everyone to see. The community closed itself more and more over the years, was hostile to the newcomers whom were necessary to replace outgoing/retiring mods, failed to adapt to the newer games, would change the rating standards on Rob's whims, often without providing guidelines and there was some real intent by Rob to detach the sets from the only thing resembling an objective reference to the stats: the game itself. Which would make PSD deviate from it's original purpose: to make player sets that accurately replicate the real players to be used on PES games. It was a very slow death, and not at all surprising to anybody who was involved.

Now this is conjecture on my part, but from the time i spent there and the interactions i had with him and the things he spoke often it seemed to me that for a while Rob believed he could turn PSD into a legitimate player scouting service. Why? Well obviously as the leader/owner he could at one point in the future make a lot of money with something like that, hence why he wanted to get away from the games and how stats worked on them, and that was never realistic. Not with the limited amount of parameters a PES 6 set had, and also because of something FM struggles with as well. The manpower required for a database of that scale is immense and FM only manages it because the statmakers they have are unpaid volunteers. The severe lack of manpower meant PSD only had a very small amount of up to date sets in select leagues and on the last few years most sets were largely guesswork, where we'd try to get a player's main attributes on the right ballpark while leaving some blanks in low values to be updated later. Considering all that no sane club would pay for an innacurate and limited scouting service that only provides up to date sets for the biggest players in the world, so that plan was doomed from the start.
while not all things you assume here are wrong, it's simply absurd to think that the ambition was to "make a lot of money". it would've been delusional to aim for that with such a niche thing, with no investments whatsoever, barely staying afloat. i have no idea how you came up with that. the goal was just to get the accuracy and standards up to more objective levels, which is not possible when it's so tied to a game, ~15 different pes games in fact, stats impact varying between each one of them and very often being impossible to objectively test to set reference. most of the way we still stayed as close as to konami patterns as possible. the plan was also to introduce a lot of new stats stats to break away from the limits imposed by pes stats system, we just didn't have the tecnhical means to do so. i'm sure the sets were perfectly suitable for most pes games, the stats were rated more consistently and meticulously across teams and leagues, though the quantity inevitably suffered a lot. it was more of an obsessive perfectionist idea that wasn't very well thought out and possibly set too high a standard, and communicated with a counterproductive approach no one really cared to rethink. it's much simpler than that even, these mistakes had a chance to be fixed, but psd died because the site code was broken and we didn't have no one competent enough to repair it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom