PES 2013 Discussion Thread

I hear you but I fear the exasperation factor will be very high until I figure manual shooting out. I'm used to clinical finishing...
I'll give it a try.

Seriously you need to practice it! The floaty shots were part of a combination of a game breaker for me. But once you get confident with it it is good.

In pre season now and just got Rondon on a free. Playing a friendly and out of habit when he was getting space I was turning and shooting regardless of body position and foot and the shots were not great. I checked what foot he is, he is right footed, and the next chance he had I made sure it was with his right, and he scored albeit via a deflection but it was on target. A fist pumping moment in a friendly shows how good it is when you get it right.

Also with Kranjcar, he cannot hit a barn door with his left foot but he has scored some screamers with his right.

As I said you need to get the hang of it as it does change the game completely, for me any way. But be warned sometimes you feel like throwing something when you are losing and you have a run at goal but hit the corner flag :P

Technically what you're saying about Rondo & Kranjcar is true for the older games also, but in 2013 it seems more complex & impactful.

I tried manual shooting on regular difficulty and scored two goals. They may not have required much shooting skill but still represent my playstyle to the fullest. They were so 'me' it's not even funny.

Of course the AI did one better and Chicharito scored an overhead kick from a FK. Regular is way too easy, though. Forwards and AMs don't defend and I can pass circles around the defense.

So I tried professional and did this:

Yeah, that was gratifying. :D And I was about to moan about not being able to shoot 'hard' shots even on manual...
I lost 1:4 of course. I have no idea how to defend in this game and on professional and up I'm leaking goals left and right. I kinda wish we could set the difficulty for attacking & defending separately.

I just noticed, if you look closely at that first (rather unspectacular) goal, that first touch from Vela might seem ridiculous but it's actually incredibly smart as it drags Papadopoulos out and opens the space from where Granero finishes. Somewhere, Thomas Müller is smiling at this subtle & ingenious goofyness.

Last edited:
Heh I love that touch by Vela, seemed to fool himself as well as the defender.

Yes Regular is too easy I think I'm on the one up from that but forget what it is officially called. Maybe Professional. And yes defending is very very hard, it takes a lot of concentration. It is best to try to cut out the channels rather than charge in. I normally have automatic clearances set to 'on' so that my defenders can react quicker to loose balls in the box. When you get defending right, the CPU will attack differently, but if it can score by through balls then it will continue to use that tactic.

What I found interesting for myself is that because of the way I have to concentrate, I found myself doing the same when watching Arsenal v Spurs. It helped me to appreciate how well they (Spurs) were defending and covering the gaps although Arsenal were very very poor.

Regarding PES 5 and 6 being similar with shooting, yes I have to agree that factors made a huge difference to shots. To the point when you press the shoot button and immediately think "oh I shouldn't have rushed that" because the ball goes AWOL. Obviously the difference now is the far improved CPU attacking play in 2013. ;)

I have finished my first season with QPR in the Championship, it was very disappointing. Here are some photos.

FINAL TABLE

GOALSCORERS

Not great as you can see. Also our best players, Esso-Ekotto, Barton, Dunne, and Cesar all handed in transfer requests. I decided to let them go as they are getting on in their career :BLEH:

But I got some top players on a free...

N'Jie looked fantastic in the friendly I played, Rondon scored in the friendly as mentioned earlier, just got Barkley.

That's the advantage of using a slightly older option file, you can get some good players that may not belong to any clubs :D

But Rondon may have become the new Adebayor, after the first friendly, he got injured for 1 week and then told me he would be retiring at the end of the season. :CONFUSE: He is only 27 :BLEH:

Played another friendly and Rondon is out for 14 weeks now :( which gives Zamora a chance to keep his place.

First game against Burnley away, were 1-0down but then Wright-Phillips equalised with a deft header. Then after having missed a few chances including one sitter Zamors scored this beauty...

We then had to hold on. I really had to time waste otherwise I felt they would score because of that one of them hacked down my player in frustration. We eventually got the third through Ephraim putting us top for the first time finished 1-3. Really loving this game. Getting to know my players well and making up little scenarios in my mind with the likes of Rondon, I'm debating whether to just stick with Zamora now and make Rondon sit on the bench. We shall see. :)

Lami, it's not funny I'm desperate for promotion this season and it took me ages to find a player that will fit into my plans. I specifically looked for players that are in their peak between the ages of 26-29 heh heh actually it is quite funny :P

Heh I wonder if Tony Pulis knows he is retiring soon.

Just played my second game and got a great 1-1 draw away to Charlton. I should have completely buried them in the first half as we had about 11 shots but with only about 4 on target. Matt Philips did score though. Second half was a different story though as I brought our captain, Henry, off because he got booked and was tiring and I brought on Jenas in a deep CMF position but he struggled. We was holding on in the second half and eventually they got the break through with Kermorgant. We managed to dig deep and get the draw. Down to 5th now.

Also I just realised that we did not qualify for the FA Cup as we finished too low last season.

This is the first time that I have been so into a ML since PES 5. I know there are a few niggliy things but overall I cannot wait to play my next game each time. When I score I really feel that I earned it and the same if I get a clean sheet it is so satisfying,

Does anybody know where I can the latest face builds for this game? I have searched but most are old now.

These comments about pes13 are very positive! I tried to get into this game again, but i gave up.

The cpu plays too vertically, no matter if i use possession style or counter attack style. I managed to get less through balls, but then there is the super dribbling from cpu even with shit players against great defenders. Scripting is blatant in some games, i can have 20 shots and no goals, cpu 3 shots 1 goal. This happened quite frequently. Oh, and always low shot from cpu outside the box.

Then there is the problem of stats. Removal of acceleration, shot technique are particularly stupid. These are very important factors in football. The goalkeepers and defenders have a lot less individuality then pes5/6, no covering/marking/d-line/1-1 keeper thats a shame really. Penalties star was removed for stupid reasons too. Lampard is one of the best pk taker in the world, but is not a top class fk taker. Place kicking stat is then so difficult to rate.

I could go on, but i don't want to come with too much negativity on this thread. I mean, if you get fun with this game, i can only recommend you to continue to do so. But for me it is a no-no, i prefer the pes 5/6 gameplay, because it fulfills my needs and my vision of football game (player individuality mostly)

These comments about pes13 are very positive! I tried to get into this game again, but i gave up.

The cpu plays too vertically, no matter if i use possession style or counter attack style. I managed to get less through balls, but then there is the super dribbling from cpu even with shit players against great defenders. Scripting is blatant in some games, i can have 20 shots and no goals, cpu 3 shots 1 goal. This happened quite frequently. Oh, and always low shot from cpu outside the box.

Then there is the problem of stats. Removal of acceleration, shot technique are particularly stupid. These are very important factors in football. The goalkeepers and defenders have a lot less individuality then pes5/6, no covering/marking/d-line/1-1 keeper thats a shame really. Penalties star was removed for stupid reasons too. Lampard is one of the best pk taker in the world, but is not a top class fk taker. Place kicking stat is then so difficult to rate.

I could go on, but i don't want to come with too much negativity on this thread. I mean, if you get fun with this game, i can only recommend you to continue to do so. But for me it is a no-no, i prefer the pes 5/6 gameplay, because it fulfills my needs and my vision of football game (player individuality mostly)

When you say play too vertical what exactly do you mean?
Playing ML I'm getting random attacking from the CPU, sometimes through the middle sometimes along the wings, knock back headers for players to volley, long balls etc..

Yes I do see the running with the ball from the CPU and sometimes I panic and miss my tackle but I don't see them dribbling past top defenders. For example Onuoha has gradually become my best defender, and when I control him I am more confident that he will tackle well and head the ball and he does, but if I'm controlling Hill I'm not as confident and it is more difficult to defend with him. So personally I do see the individuality in the defenders.

Scripting is there the same as PES 5, but I will say the same as I said regarding that, it can be stopped with concentration. For example the CPU will get a corner in the last minute and I think oh here we go a goal is coming. But if I concentrate and make sure I'm controlling the right defender, especially Onuoha, I can clear the corner. But it could be that I'm playing on a lower level than yourself.

Personally I find player individuality is there. When Joey Barton is playing he is up and down that pitch like a Yo-Yo but if it's Jenas he will try but won't be as effective. As Kranjcar he is sluggish but give him an inch and he can blast that ball in the top corner but Wright-Philips can use his pace but then miss some chances. Just my opinion though.

If im honest I prefer PES 5 against my brother but when I'm on my own I'm beating the CPU left right and centre. It's a shame that I've played it so many times that despite all my stat changes I cannot make it any harder. They still occasionally jump over a lovely through ball and let it roll out of play. Or they take the ball along the wing only to run it out of play. But playing the CPU on 2013, it is unpredictable. I will wait for it to cross but it will pass inside or even twist inside. I've seen the occasional flick (not too often) which has left me thinking wow. I was reading some early posts in this thread regarding pressing R2 with circle to dink balls over players, I am struggling to pull it off but playing today the CPU done it against me, a little dink over my midfielders head.

You are right it may not be as good as PES 5 v human but against the CPU it is challenging for me. And so much better than 14, 15, and 16. ;)

When you say play too vertical what exactly do you mean?
Playing ML I'm getting random attacking from the CPU, sometimes through the middle sometimes along the wings, knock back headers for players to volley, long balls etc..

Yes I do see the running with the ball from the CPU and sometimes I panic and miss my tackle but I don't see them dribbling past top defenders. For example Onuoha has gradually become my best defender, and when I control him I am more confident that he will tackle well and head the ball and he does, but if I'm controlling Hill I'm not as confident and it is more difficult to defend with him. So personally I do see the individuality in the defenders.

Scripting is there the same as PES 5, but I will say the same as I said regarding that, it can be stopped with concentration. For example the CPU will get a corner in the last minute and I think oh here we go a goal is coming. But if I concentrate and make sure I'm controlling the right defender, especially Onuoha, I can clear the corner. But it could be that I'm playing on a lower level than yourself.

Personally I find player individuality is there. When Joey Barton is playing he is up and down that pitch like a Yo-Yo but if it's Jenas he will try but won't be as effective. As Kranjcar he is sluggish but give him an inch and he can blast that ball in the top corner but Wright-Philips can use his pace but then miss some chances. Just my opinion though.

If im honest I prefer PES 5 against my brother but when I'm on my own I'm beating the CPU left right and centre. It's a shame that I've played it so many times that despite all my stat changes I cannot make it any harder. They still occasionally jump over a lovely through ball and let it roll out of play. Or they take the ball along the wing only to run it out of play. But playing the CPU on 2013, it is unpredictable. I will wait for it to cross but it will pass inside or even twist inside. I've seen the occasional flick (not too often) which has left me thinking wow. I was reading some early posts in this thread regarding pressing R2 with circle to dink balls over players, I am struggling to pull it off but playing today the CPU done it against me, a little dink over my midfielders head.

You are right it may not be as good as PES 5 v human but against the CPU it is challenging for me. And so much better than 14, 15, and 16. ;)

The cpu plays too direct, even barcelona with the right tactic applied. I always have the possession on topplayer, full manual. And imo, the cpu attacking is less varied than pes 6.

I think you misunderstood me about individuality: yes pes 2013 has a lot of individuality (i'd say the most after pes 4/5/6), but still there are annoying thing like the acceleration problem i mentioned before.

About the defenders, yes we can make difference between terry and zouma for example in pes 2013, we can defend better with terry, this is obvious. But the playstyle that was also defined by special abilities has been lost. The covering/marking/d-line stars were very useful to make the defender react how he does in real life.

I honestly can't tell that scripting is the same in pes 2013 than in pes5/6. Scripting on older games was there but it was mostly all about the stats. It was really more reasonable than pes 2013 scripting. The situation you described about the corner, i can do that in pes 5/6 for sure, but in pes 2013 sometimes the defender won't jump even when the timing seems right. He will sometimes move without telling him to do so. It doesn't happen only on corners though.

You're right about game difficulty. But it really is more about scripting than cpu intelligence, imo. I personally play co-op with cpu on pes 6, so this is challenging and depends a lot on the players stats and playstyle. And as i said, i see a lot of new things everyday on pes 6, it is really the most varied football game i ever played imo.

The cpu plays too vertically, no matter if i use possession style or counter attack style. I managed to get less through balls, but then there is the super dribbling from cpu even with shit players against great defenders. Scripting is blatant in some games, i can have 20 shots and no goals, cpu 3 shots 1 goal.

Yes! For these reasons I can not play PES 2013 for any longer.

The cpu plays too direct, even barcelona with the right tactic applied. I always have the possession on topplayer, full manual. And imo, the cpu attacking is less varied than pes 6.

I think you misunderstood me about individuality: yes pes 2013 has a lot of individuality (i'd say the most after pes 4/5/6), but still there are annoying thing like the acceleration problem i mentioned before.

About the defenders, yes we can make difference between terry and zouma for example in pes 2013, we can defend better with terry, this is obvious. But the playstyle that was also defined by special abilities has been lost. The covering/marking/d-line stars were very useful to make the defender react how he does in real life.

I honestly can't tell that scripting is the same in pes 2013 than in pes5/6. Scripting on older games was there but it was mostly all about the stats. It was really more reasonable than pes 2013 scripting. The situation you described about the corner, i can do that in pes 5/6 for sure, but in pes 2013 sometimes the defender won't jump even when the timing seems right. He will sometimes move without telling him to do so. It doesn't happen only on corners though.

You're right about game difficulty. But it really is more about scripting than cpu intelligence, imo. I personally play co-op with cpu on pes 6, so this is challenging and depends a lot on the players stats and playstyle. And as i said, i see a lot of new things everyday on pes 6, it is really the most varied football game i ever played imo.

Yes! For these reasons I can not play PES 2013 for any longer.

Thats fair enough guys. We are all entitled to our opinion ;)

Maybe it is because ive only recently got into this game. But definitely it is giving me enjoyment like i used to have in PES5. Can't say the same about PES6 because it is too arcadey for me, too easy, lack of fouls, and IMO has been glossed over with the patches, kits, faces, stadiums etc..

When you mention 'acceleration' isnt that 'explosive power'? I dont have a problem using that when i get the space. Wright-Philips has been using his pace along the wing.

As mentioned earlier we all have our opinions ;)

I always thought that telling that pes 6 is arcadey but pes 5 is a simulation sounds a bit wrong, because these games are so similar. The reputation of pes 6 being arcadey come mostly from Adriano hype. But there was also Martins on pes 5, he was unstoppable. Personally, pes 5 was as easy as pes 6 for me, just on the different way. Pes 6 was easier to attack, pes 5 it was so easy to defend against the cpu. Lack of fouls, not really imo, there was too much in pes 5 and never red cards btw.the fact also that pes 6 is still the pes game the most updated today tells a lot about it.yoou can play arcadey yes, but play real football on it, and you ll see that this game has nothing to envy other games.

Yes, it was proved on psd website that acceleration is completely removed from the game. Explosive power is agility from earlier game. I mean its pretty obvious it's not there in the game, take for example current ronaldo he has really great top speed but his acceleration is nowhere near what it was years ago. We can't replicate that on pes 2013, because the engine removed acceleration, so the players reach their top speed almost instantly. And then there is the catch-up bug, being overrun by mertesacker as ronaldo :(

Yes you're completely right. At the end of the day, we must.play the pes we enjoy the most, not necessarily the best.

I've tried PES 13 many times since I got better PC in 2013, and you see, everything is fine really, there's nothing amazing, there's nothing really bad, it's all spot on and stuff. Personally I have one, massive problem and that is goalkeepers.

Dunno why, but they wreck most of the goals I score and concede. Running blindly past attackers in 1 v 1, bouncing ball to their own goal and generally making a lot of unbelievable blunders that I cannot accept. It just kills the sensation of everything for me ;( And it's a shame, true, because I see how many things this game gets right, and I agree with all the positives listed above.

Scripting issue is something different. It definitely exists in PES 5/6 true, but simply enough I never felt cheated or something. Why? Maybe because it was simply AI stepping up its efforts and had nothing to do with me being banned from preventing it. In PES 2013 it was exactly the other way around, but even then I only suffered from it at the end of ML seasons and it honestly was not a gamebreaker.

Maybe I haven't played much of 2013. It's just in the end goalies ruin all the fun :( PES 5/6 were the last games for me where GKs were actual players, guardians of the temple, formidable opponents who actually tried to stop you. Actually I'm quite jealous of people having fun with 2013, I would like some too :(

i have one very annoying problem with manual: when i pass the ball not accurately enough and cpu switches to the wrong player to get the ball, not the one i intended to pass to and the one who wont get to the ball first. there's just no way to switch to another player to get the ball, it's just locked to the player choosen by cpu to get it. it's VERY anmoying and happens often, results in a lot of stupid possession losses. is there any workaround?
also did anyone try gameplay patches for pc? are they any good?

Last edited:
I always thought that telling that pes 6 is arcadey but pes 5 is a simulation sounds a bit wrong, because these games are so similar. The reputation of pes 6 being arcadey come mostly from Adriano hype. But there was also Martins on pes 5, he was unstoppable. Personally, pes 5 was as easy as pes 6 for me, just on the different way. Pes 6 was easier to attack, pes 5 it was so easy to defend against the cpu. Lack of fouls, not really imo, there was too much in pes 5 and never red cards btw.the fact also that pes 6 is still the pes game the most updated today tells a lot about it.yoou can play arcadey yes, but play real football on it, and you ll see that this game has nothing to envy other games.

Yes, it was proved on psd website that acceleration is completely removed from the game. Explosive power is agility from earlier game. I mean its pretty obvious it's not there in the game, take for example current ronaldo he has really great top speed but his acceleration is nowhere near what it was years ago. We can't replicate that on pes 2013, because the engine removed acceleration, so the players reach their top speed almost instantly. And then there is the catch-up bug, being overrun by mertesacker as ronaldo :(

Yes you're completely right. At the end of the day, we must.play the pes we enjoy the most, not necessarily the best.

I've never found 5 has too many fouls, some games I get 10 some games maybe 4, that's about right. I love it when the attacker tries too hard to get the ball back and fouls the defender. It is frustrating if you are the attacking team but eases the pressure if you are the defending team. Just like real life. Pressure too much and it can result in a foul. But with PES 6 I find that I can pressure the CPU and get the ball easily regardless of the level. I suppose when I mention PES 6 as being arcadey, it's because I can just win the ball and attack then the CPU can win the ball and attack so all games are end to end. Whereas PES 5, some games are stop/start which can be boring just like real life. You can play a game for 70 mins where nothing's happened then suddenly pow! It's end to end. So I'm not talking about the speed players when I say arcadey ;)

Yes I agree that PES 5 became easy to defend but with my stat changes it made the CPU better at attacking. Those changes helped me to get a few more years out of the game. But now because I have played it so much, I cannot make it any more difficult. I have tried PES 6 with and without stat changes and it's easy, almost every CPU goal kick I win the header in midfield and begin to attack straight away.

With regards to 2013, I haven't used the likes of Ronaldo to test his speed. The fastest players I have are Wright-Philips and N'Jie and they can out sprint the defender once I time it right.

I've tried PES 13 many times since I got better PC in 2013, and you see, everything is fine really, there's nothing amazing, there's nothing really bad, it's all spot on and stuff. Personally I have one, massive problem and that is goalkeepers.

Dunno why, but they wreck most of the goals I score and concede. Running blindly past attackers in 1 v 1, bouncing ball to their own goal and generally making a lot of unbelievable blunders that I cannot accept. It just kills the sensation of everything for me ;( And it's a shame, true, because I see how many things this game gets right, and I agree with all the positives listed above.

Scripting issue is something different. It definitely exists in PES 5/6 true, but simply enough I never felt cheated or something. Why? Maybe because it was simply AI stepping up its efforts and had nothing to do with me being banned from preventing it. In PES 2013 it was exactly the other way around, but even then I only suffered from it at the end of ML seasons and it honestly was not a gamebreaker.

Maybe I haven't played much of 2013. It's just in the end goalies ruin all the fun :( PES 5/6 were the last games for me where GKs were actual players, guardians of the temple, formidable opponents who actually tried to stop you. Actually I'm quite jealous of people having fun with 2013, I would like some too :(

Anjin, good to see you here. Regarding keepers I've not had a problem with mistakes. So many times they have got me out of jail. Check a few posts back (maybe last page) and you will see Green make a fantastic save for me. What version are you playing? Mine is 1.4, and I find the keepers fine.

i have one very annoying problem with manual: when i pass the ball not accurately enough and cpu switches to the wrong player to get the ball, not the one i intended to pass to and the one who wont get to the ball first. there's just no way to switch to another player to get the ball, it's just locked to the player choosen by cpu to get it. it's VERY anmoying and happens often, results in a lot of stupid possession losses. is there any workaround?
also did anyone try gameplay patches for pc? are they any good?

Yes I do get the same problem and I have to say that PES 5 was the best for switching manually. You could press L1 (I think) and the cursor would go to each player so quickly. Try 1 bar passing, that's what I've done and I find it less annoying. ;)

Hi Chenghis, here is a link to another part of this thread that you may find interesting https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/67412/page-364

In fact all of this thread is an interesting read.

Thank you. I read a few posts and it was definitely helpful. Now it seems kinda logical to lay off the sprint button and the 'hard shot' technique is nice, if difficult to pull off. Will read more.

As I just posted here, regarding trying to get a deep defense to work to force the AI into possession play
me said:
The biggest issue that provokes AI directness is a lack of hustling back from midfield for me. Even when I contain the attack with my defenders, the midfielders only casually jog back into position, instead of running and and helping to form a compact shape.
This kills any need for the AI to play horizontally. My players are not in position so the AI has the option to just slice through the numerous holes in my shape, thus it plays vertically.

Unless employing a high press, I can't create an organized shape, that is both horizontally and vertically compact (think Gladbach).

This is one of the best things about 2013, the AI exploit you if you give them too much space, other games are much easier and more forgiving in this area, the AI and individuality is insane in this regard.

I love that the AI run at you, unlike any other PES game bar 2011 and 2012 where it was unbalanced and it was too much, in 2013 they got the balance brilliantly, it still needed to be worked on but what is there, no other game can touch, no other game works you so hard defensively, tactically but learning to close space.

If the AI are attacking to vertically its because your giving them too much space. Defending isnt simplified like the old game, its far more about understanding the AI's gameplan and marking and closing down off the ball preventing options for the AI.

PES 2013 is a completely different animal to PES 5 & 6 which where much easier.

Klash I agree with you and I'm aware I need to massively improve defensively.
I'm still in the early stages of understanding the tactical engine but I'm afraid those gaps within the defensive shape, the space the AI exploits is caused by poor tactical behaviour of the whole team, maybe even more than poor play by the human player.

Once you lose the ball, your team should ideally either retreat into an organized shape or press the the opposition player who just won the ball and close down his passing options (counterpressing). Forming and staying in an organized and stable defensive shape does not work for me in this game, not in positional defensive play and definitely not in defensive transitions. This lack of shape creates numerous issues which the player has to fix. This last point is the problem. The defensive AI is not smart enough it seems, so the player has to do many things at once to play successful defense. This is is hectic and stressful because you need to be hyper-alert for every single moment the opponent has the ball.
I respect the challenge but it detracts from the fun.

To go off on a little tangent, I love basketball and the NBA2k series offers great games with the best sports game mod and likely best overall video game mod I've ever played, but I rarely play because your AI teammates can't defend properly. To play good team defense, you have to plug gaps everywhere, switch players constantly and generally be at five places at once or the opposition gets an easy shot. This is not the reason why I want to play this game or PES, for that matter. I want to add my touch and my ideas to a functional system, I don't want to do everything by myself.
In Attack it works, because you don't have to do multiple things simultaneously, your teammates are smart at moving off the ball. I wouldn't want to have to press buttons and directions for my strikers and attacking midfielders to make rudimentary runs into the box when I'm controlling the ball on the wing, you know?

I'm still hoping this level of comfort, this functional team defense is achievable tactically in PES 2013.

ATM I'm trying out ALL outfield players on Defensive Awareness 3 and it helps to create aggressive pressing, especially on Super Star difficulty time on the ball is precious now, while I could drift around within the AI's formation at will before.
Also trying ALL outfield players on Attacking Awareness 1 and I'm less sure about that. The AI is more willing to play horizontally and patient but I kinda feel I'm gimping it's ability & effectiveness.
I did the A/D 1/3 thing because I believe the AI's decision making with the ball is too biased in favor of direct forward movement. I played a game with Bayern with my cursor fixed on Thiago and even though I offered myself in space for easy sideways or diagonal backwards passes, AI teammates preferred to dribble forward while being guarded by 1 or 2 defenders. That is bad decision making. It seemed like the AI only considered passing to an open teammate if it's a forward or diagonal forward pass.
There is no 'directness/patience' slider to control this on a team tactics level, Player Support does not seem to influence on-ball behavior, even though I thought/hoped so at first.

This game has potential but IMO there are issues with directness and defensive organization.
I also want to be able to turn the Compactness slider much further down, 0 is nowhere near enough, large gaps everywhere and I believe this one thing was better in 2011.

Last edited:
Right guys, I think the honeymoon period is over now and I'm gutted to be honest.

You know I have been raving about this a lot and on different threads but I'm into the second season and getting so frustrated with my players. I had, or thought I had, got used to the defending, but now my defenders cannot do anything. The through balls and the dribbling through my players legs is completely getting on my nerves (maybe I'm just a bad loser). I think one of the causes is that the players are not big enough, as in size. They are tiny on the pitch compared to others PES' so it means there is more space on the pitch. Looking at the newer games and the older ones the players are more solid but in this they are tiny. There is hardly any contact with players and when there is it is usually a foul.

And fmicablues, I now see this lack of acceleration that you mentioned that I was blind to. I play the ball to N'Jie who is fast and now he cannot get away from defenders.

So this last week I have found the game more and more frustrating to the point where I kept quiting the game and restarting. This is so annoying as I started editing it to get it all up to date but I won't be carrying on with that.

So does any one have any advice regarding what footy game to play now? PES 5 is too easy now, I'm not a big PES 6 fan, 2013 was doing well for around a month, 2014 I'm thinking about, 2015 has no CPU crosses, 2016 has the low shot in bottom corner bug. I'm on PS3, any ideas? Getting desperate for a good footy game, I'm even thinking of trying FIFA.

Rant over, sorry it was so negative. :BORED:

FM 15 is great.

You can go nuts with different pressing & possession schemes and sometimes it actually works!

Very helpful to you, I know, sorry...

Seriously though, take a break from footie gaming, do something else. The urge & the appreciation for what it actually does for you will come back after a little while and you'll see more beauty than annoying details. It's about perception.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that geeee :(
Did you play a lot of games in this second season ? It was maybe just a bad period. But i'm not surprised about your problems, as i experienced the same situation, being very happy at first and then becoming more and more disappointed by scripting mainly.

About what to do know: it all depends on what you want from a football game. I would try fifa, if you never tried. It is definitely a different game than pes, not better nor worse. I personnaly don't like fifa because it is not enough customisable (no edit mode), and the player individuality is worse than pes imo.
Have you ever tried playing co-op with cpu in pes 5/6? It is definitely more difficult for me in pes 6 but i guess not everyone would like this kind of playstyle

FM 15 is great.

You can go nuts with different pressing & possession schemes and sometimes it actually works!

Very helpful to you, I know, sorry...

Seriously though, take a break from footie gaming, do something else. The urge & the appreciation for what it actually does for you will come back after a little while and you'll see more beauty than annoying details. It's about perception.

Heh yeh I have played FM but it's too in depth for me nowadays. I used to played it on the VIC20 and then C64 but then it was just pick the team and watch the scores. In fact Football Director was my favourite game. Nowadays I prefer to be playing the game rather than just watching.

I would take a break but football games are the only games I play as I'm no longer a serious gamer.

I'm sorry to hear that geeee :(
Did you play a lot of games in this second season ? It was maybe just a bad period. But i'm not surprised about your problems, as i experienced the same situation, being very happy at first and then becoming more and more disappointed by scripting mainly.

About what to do know: it all depends on what you want from a football game. I would try fifa, if you never tried. It is definitely a different game than pes, not better nor worse. I personnaly don't like fifa because it is not enough customisable (no edit mode), and the player individuality is worse than pes imo.
Have you ever tried playing co-op with cpu in pes 5/6? It is definitely more difficult for me in pes 6 but i guess not everyone would like this kind of playstyle

I was so tempted to download the new FIFA today but it's almost £60 :CONFUSE:
I normally buy FIFA every year but I have held off so far as I usually play it for a few weeks and then give up because it's boring. I've not tried co-op in PES5, that's interesting, can that be done in ML too?

I gave PES2011 a quick go and that seems ok. So I've just download an option file from PESWORLD and I'm installing it now. So don't be surprised to see the PES2011 discussion thread appearing again soon.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. :))

Yeah, i got the same feeling everytime i play a lot fifa. I'm bored quickly with it.

Co-op can be done in ML in pes 6, i guess its the same with pes 5. Just pause the game at the beginning and go to the player settings and put the com co-op. ;)

Geeeee are you using professional? It sounds bizarre but maybe u could even try top player since your defenders will be better, also put auto sliding on.

'll go into that later. I still cant play this game properly on Windows 10. its really pissing me off, the game still dont recognize my Geforce 950 card whatever i try :(

Yeah, i got the same feeling everytime i play a lot fifa. I'm bored quickly with it.

Co-op can be done in ML in pes 6, i guess its the same with pes 5. Just pause the game at the beginning and go to the player settings and put the com co-op. ;)

Ok yeh I may give that a go. Thanks for the idea.

Geeeee are you using professional? It sounds bizarre but maybe u could even try top player since your defenders will be better, also put auto sliding on.

'll go into that later. I still cant play this game properly on Windows 10. its really pissing me off, the game still dont recognize my Geforce 950 card whatever i try :(

Hi klash, yeh on professional. Silly question is top player higher or lower than professional? If higher how come they will be better. I've also got auto sliding on. Sorry you are not able to play the game wish I could help but not great at PC's.

I was hoping to use W!ld editor for PES 2011 but I can't find a PS3 to PC converter. So if I like this game it seems like manual editing will be my hobby for the next year. I really hope they sort out 2016 with a patch.

Heh If we lived local we could just get a ball and meet at the park. :LOL:

Heh yeh I have played FM but it's too in depth for me nowadays. I used to played it on the VIC20 and then C64 but then it was just pick the team and watch the scores. In fact Football Director was my favourite game. Nowadays I prefer to be playing the game rather than just watching.

Man, I don't know if I was even alive back then, 80's right? My first football game was the Fifa World Cup 98 one on PS1, good, carefree times.

I like FM because the football is being played to a higher level than in PES, even if it's not me playing and it's more of a challenge (and in the right way, too).
It's kinda like a normal video game in the sense that Messi is basically the baddest end boss there is. I play in Spain and every game vs Barca has me trying to pull all the tricks out of my bag just to not lose 4:0... In fact I just lost the Super Cup to them, losing 0:4 away after winning 5:1 at home. It was 0:1 but then the AI subbed in a 32 year old Messi around minute 60 and... :RANT:

I hear you about it being too much, I only play FM classic, never the 'fat' version with all those press conferences and what not.

Silly question is top player higher or lower than professional? If higher how come they will be better.

I think its
Beginner
Regular
Professional
Top Player
Super Star

With increasing level, the AI will become smarter overall, your players and theirs. At least that is my impression. I find that defense works better on Super Star than on Professional but mistakes are also more costly. I haven't played many games, so I wouldn't trust my opinion, though.

Heh If we lived local we could just get a ball and meet at the park. :LOL:

I'm terrible though, you'd learn after five minutes that it's not a good idea to pass me the ball. :D
I play basketball instead, much easier to control and jump shooting is just about the most fun thing there is, can do it for hours.

Back
Top Bottom