PES 2013 Discussion Thread

I'm just amazed ANYONE is still playing PES.

Poor old Suuuuuupertalk is like someone continually going back to an abusive partner who kicks the shit out of him, takes all the money from his wallet and laughs in his face at his protests about life being so unfair.

His love of football will inevitably drag him back into his on/off lover's arms once the bruises have healed and he will be soothed by a couple of decent dates where nothing untoward happens then BAM! Good old PES kicks him square in the balls once again and giggles hysterically.

This will continue until the younger, prettier sister turns up around October this year. You know, the one who has been making eyes at him all year, flirting endlessly with promises she cant possibly keep, whispering to her friends to tell them to put in a good word with him for her and telling him all the things he longs to hear.

Just dont be too surprised when you wake up one day sometime this October to find yourself with a black eye, a familiar sinking feeling in your gut and £40 missing from your wallet.

:P
:APPLAUD: never thought of it like that, but that's one way of describing it.:SMUG:

I'm just amazed ANYONE is still playing PES.

Poor old Suuuuuupertalk is like someone continually going back to an abusive partner who kicks the shit out of him, takes all the money from his wallet and laughs in his face at his protests about life being so unfair.

His love of football will inevitably drag him back into his on/off lover's arms once the bruises have healed and he will be soothed by a couple of decent dates where nothing untoward happens then BAM! Good old PES kicks him square in the balls once again and giggles hysterically.

This will continue until the younger, prettier sister turns up around October this year. You know, the one who has been making eyes at him all year, flirting endlessly with promises she cant possibly keep, whispering to her friends to tell them to put in a good word with him for her and telling him all the things he longs to hear.

Just dont be too surprised when you wake up one day sometime this October to find yourself with a black eye, a familiar sinking feeling in your gut and £40 missing from your wallet.

:P

Haha well maybe, but one thing is for sure, if I see a single moment in PES2014 where my keeper gets his body behind the ball to stop a shot and it passes right through his stomach and into the net, the game's instantly being sold.

I dunno why I've put up with that happening in the past, I'd never, ever buy a racing game that provided an extra challenge by making your accelerator stop working once per lap. And people certainly don't put up with first person shooters or adventure games where the enemy could get to you by walking through the game environments. So why do we put up with it in PES?

Two Master Leagues have seen me get knocked out of Europe because my keeper turned into a ghost and another time because the opposition attacker developed the ability to pass through my defender's body while literally dribbling 'through' him.

It's not considered to be acceptable in any other genre so why does PES get away with it?

I dunno why I've put up with that happening in the past, I'd never, ever buy a racing game that provided an extra challenge by making your accelerator stop working once per lap. And people certainly don't put up with first person shooters or adventure games where the enemy could get to you by walking through the game environments. So why do we put up with it in PES?

It's not considered to be acceptable in any other genre so why does PES get away with it?

I've asked the exact same question myself mate and no one seems to have an answer for it. I can only guess the football fan in all of us is prepared to put up with almost anything in order to play a game of football on our console or PC. Frankly though, I'm sick of it. My view is that I've put up with A LOT from PES over the last few years and PES 2012 was the final straw. I'm done with it.

Sure, Konami have given me countless magical moments in football gaming over the years but they have seriously lost their way with the PES series lately and just dont seem to really give a shit anymore.

I am and always will be living in hope that they can turn it around and get PES back to a decent level again but I simply cannot see it happening on this generation of tech. I dont even have much faith in them getting it right on the next generation of consoles either such is the extent, in my opinion, of their recent failures and utterly baffling ignorance of what the fans want.

The clipping issues and other problems you describe are unforgiveable in a modern day game. In fact they are pretty unforgiveable in any era of gaming you care to mention so what the hell is going on at Konami when it comes to PES?

They can only "get away with it" if WE the customers continue to accept it and hand over £40 for the poorly programmed mess they stick on the shelves every year. It's the only way to really make your voice heard because it's pretty damn obvious they dont give a flying fart about what guys like us write in forums like this one.

It looks good, but I think we should'nt expect much from the first nextgen version of Fifa or Pes.

Just remember this:

fifa360pic1.jpg

And this:

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2007-20070205051429078_640w.jpg

Last edited:
Pes13 is like buying a pair of trainers with holes in them surely you would take them back ?

Makes me laugh that konami employed game testers for pes13

Haven't touched FIFA since N64 1998 but I will be switching like 16 on my pes psn to FIFA because this has now become a joke on the buyer and buying a very incomplete game that no patch will fix!

Pes13 is like buying a pair of trainers with holes in them surely you would take them back ?

Makes me laugh that konami employed game testers for pes13

Haven't touched FIFA since N64 1998 but I will be switching like 16 on my pes psn to FIFA because this has now become a joke on the buyer and buying a very incomplete game that no patch will fix!

I did feel the same feeling... but trying to do the long shoot, first time shoot, heading feels in FIFA 13.. I just can't switch :CONFUSE: The ball physic is no fun at all.. still reminds me of fifa 2002 world cup :P

I hear good feed back from die hard pes friends who have switched

I am pes12 here last year 6 months before pes13 people posting there same disappointments about pes12 and now same form everyone is looking to pes14 already

Well pes14 will be another £40 scam by konami I'm just not prepared to be sucked it to anymore ! Pes12 was thru ball mayhem but pes13 is damaged in nearly every department of the game I dread to think what 14 will be like and I'm not gonna find out

At least with FIFA I have no expectation of trying to achieve realistic football nor fair play ... I can simply just pick up the pad and play a game not chasing this foolish dream of a realistic football simulator that pes isn't anymore I mean zero assisted but with auto triangle lob and low thru ball just makes me laugh and very tired of opponents to just pressing triangle all game pes was built I always thought for the older gamer but now it's built for 8 year olds to close the marketing gap on FIFA which has just made the game die of any hope of playing some neat creative enjoying footy .... All you have to do is hit a 80 yard thru ball or clearance and its one on one yet again or lob thru ball and your cf will be clear through yet again 8 year old stuff I paid £36 believing that pes13 was getting pes back on track and its not the train definitely has crashed !

11 was bad
12 got thru ball mayhem
13 is a mess in all departments of the game
14 I dread to think what else can go wrong ronaldo and messi passin 99 rating and thru ball hit from goal keepers

It looks good, but I think we should'nt expect much from the first nextgen version of Fifa or Pes.

Just remember this:

fifa360pic1.jpg

And this:

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2007-20070205051429078_640w.jpg
Yeah, you're right, but since Konami announced that work on the next-gen game for nearly 3, 2 years and did not want to repeat the mistakes of the current generation .. I hope that FIFA and PES will look just as good as the other next-gen games. Will see, will see .

11 was bad
12 got thru ball mayhem
13 is a mess in all departments of the game
14 I dread to think what else can go wrong ronaldo and messi passin 99 rating and thru ball hit from goal keepers

i strongly disagree. pes 2011 multiplayer (local and on line) was the most fun i had with pes in almost 15 years. Single player was boring and easy, i agree with that, but it was the one and only pes of this generation i truly enjoyed. MLO was brilliant.

i strongly disagree. pes 2011 multiplayer (local and on line) was the most fun i had with pes in almost 15 years. Single player was boring and easy, i agree with that, but it was the one and only pes of this generation i truly enjoyed. MLO was brilliant.

Pes 2011 mlo was the best mode in years. It's a pity they managed to ruin that mode in just two years.

Anyway,first details about the new Pes engine to be unveiled next week

Jon Murphy ‏@JonMurphy_PES
Sorry for not being able to go into details, but first engine news will be out next week...more shortly #PES

Last edited:
Remember the amazing community widget

Has anyone ever used this amazing community widget on pes13??

What was wrong with the old version of communities on pes it just needed a little tweak here and there but definitely not the amazing revamp it got

Don't expect too much. He will say something like "The best engine we've ever had for PES. Looks promising! See you later.", and that's it.

i don't expect anything special, it's early to have something more than words, it's March
what is good is they finally will show us in few months the fabulous, magnificent, pes 2014 engine
It can't be worse than pes 2013 engine, right?

if they show a picture of a glowing adriano then we are in for another shitty generation of konami games.

Expect a little more info over the next couple of hours through the usual channels #PES - @JonMurphy_PES

I only play PES so if PES14 is plop ill sell my Xbox.
I dont mins PES13 for me its the best one since PES10 which I loved.
Yes there are flaws with PES13 but its still better than Fifa for me.

I still think keepers need a major make over. There are still some animations from ISS on Snes in PES13 when it comes to keepers.

Fifa have to their credit nailed keepers.

I am pretty curious to find out about the next gen Team Vision....probably TeamVisionary. for real, 0 interest in konami's pr shit.

Announcements about future announcements, one of the worst things about this generation.

Back
Top Bottom