PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

CPU dribbling skills is just madness. I hate it. Sometimes it realy feels like we can't do anything to touch the ball, it's like we are facing Messi in front of us all the time whenever the CPU goes onto this 1-1 mode, and it kills any sense of individuality.

Something that Konami need to change for Pes 2013 is this ease of players to avoid being tackled. What I mean here is that animation of Varela right after he drible past the player who made that slide tackle, this animation must be much less frequent, and players should not have such body balance all the time.

In nowadays when players are more and more like actors than footballers on the field, diving for any little contact just to fool the refs and earn a foul, then Konami bring this to the game. The animation itself is not the problem, it's actually nice and pretty realistic to me, but it should be way more rare and just for those players who really play football and keep going forward no matter what.

In general, the game really need to have more fouls, I'd like to see players being pushed more often like in We9 or pes 5 days. This is one of the reasons why constant pressure on the man on the ball is so rewardable, specially online. It's not just a fatigue problem. It needs to have better physics, if you run towards the back of the player with the ball and don't decelerate, there should be a sense of impact/colision, and push animations must be more apparent and often, and of course, we need better refs.

Been away for two weeks and so haven't touched a game in that time. I was stunned how bad PES AND FIFA played when I got back and tried to play them three days ago, really amazed actually. I fired up PES6 on the PC then and everything seemed to fit hand in glove again. It soon became obvious with this reality check just how lacking in so many areas both the next gen games are. The feel of the stadium, the atmosphere, the movement, the momentum and inertia, player stats, player weight, shooting and ball physics, the colours, game balance, possession stats fairly equal, CPU good football....all better I felt on PES6 PC.

Christ I've championed 2012 PES for ages, but I was honestly shocked at how bad it played and looked when left for two weeks. Really stunned me.

hi peeps hope u have a answer for me this is driving me up the wall

im using smoke patch i go to edit search players OTHER free agents i see loads of players crespo,ballack,fat ronaldo,anelka,odonker,raul,beckham

the list goes on their is 100s of players but when i search for them in master league they dont show up

this has me perplexed,bamboozled i cant find the answer

turning classic players on does not work

Is there a way to stop defenders from ignoring instructions and playing out of position?

Its frustrating seeing my full backs swap positions for no logical reason, equally when my left back (Chiellini) randomly decides to take Pepe's position and play as a RW.

Absolutely at the same point as LTFC.
The more I play PES12 the worst it gets.

Ive been a big advocate and protector of PES12 over the months, I have absolutely LOVED the game at points, but 16 seasons in and im not sure if I can play on.

Its been well documented, all the flaws with the game so i wont rant but im just fed up with the constant CPU bullshit, im enjoying less than 40% of the games now and as my gaming time is precious and limited, this isnt good.

16 seasons, over 900 games and over 400hrs of game play, ive pretty much seen all PES12 has to offer, the shoddy team mate AI, CPU uber-scripting, unrealistic CPU abilities for lowly teams, Unrealistic annoying Master League missions/player talks...
Ive recently stepped up to Superstar in an attempt to see if the games are more open and flowing than the identikit park the bus, constant presssure, script fest that professional is.
I'll see how it goes.

I don't know, after 400 hours of ANY game I think I would be pretty fed up with it.

I don't know, after 400 hours of ANY game I think I would be pretty fed up with it.

it amazes me how people manages to play 16 season of master league
i never played it so much, my record is 3-4 seasons with ps2 days pes

i mostly play online, because offline it simply becomes too boring

ok after year almost i can say that this is a very promising instalment of the PES serie BUT in the end...sadly just a heavily scripted bullshit....i want to play against my friends damn it not against a "God" who decides from the start whats gonna be

So I just won the Portuguese Primeira Liga with Benfica in my ML.

Brilliant end to the season, winning at home in front of their own fans.....then all you see is the players waving and the game just goes back to the menu. Are they f**ing serious? Who, really who, decided to remove the cut scenes for lifting trophies? What a load of shit. Why would they possibly remove that??

That's it, I've finally, finally had enough. The game is plain nasty. It's a horrible, nasty game that actively sets out to fuck you over. Over and over. No matter what team you have.

I built up my ML team, won the Portuguese League, improved it massively beyond that, and the CPU compensates by rolling out more cheating, dodgy goals, one-sided defeats than ever before. It's beyond a joke. Make the Champions League and the CPU goes into cheat overdrive. I've never seen anything like it.

It has the ability to ruin all pleasure you get from the game, and happens every single time anything nice occurs. Win the championship with a game to spare? Well, the final match of the season, at home, a party atmosphere, and the CPU comes out like a fucking express train and nails you 3-0 on your own patch thanks to some striker who can ride 8 or 9 challenges over a 60 yard dribble. Fuck off.

Next season, my first ever Champions League match. I've worked hard to get this far, it should be exciting. A home game against Malaga is very winnable, yet I go into the game with a sense of dread because I know what's coming. I'll dominate, they'll score an early dodgy goal, I'll work hard to equalise, then the game will go mental and score undeserved goals on the counter attack. I can see it before it happens.

What happens? My keeper rushes out to catch a cross, gets out jumped, which I've never seen before in this game, ever, 0-1. I then spend the whole match battering them to equalise, and score midway through the second half. 1-1. Then, out of nowhere, with ten minutes to go, the CPU scores the shittiest goals you'll ever see. Two long raking balls out to the corner flag, their player rides three challenges, the CPU makes my defender in the box just run out of his way, he cuts the ball back and it thrashes into an empty net. It's just like playing the most annoying online player who seeks to exploit every little hack they can. So I lose 3-1 in a match where they only had three shots on goal.

Seriously, fuck off PES2012. The first ever game that actively seeks out to piss on you from a great height the moment you ever, ever manage to do anything nice in the game.

Finally tried the PES2012 PC demo on my new-ishlaptop after discovering the fix for switchable graphics and making PES use the right graphics card.

Pleasantly surprised to see that while my laptop is no beast of a machine by any stretch of the imagination, I can play the game on high settings with a solid 60fps. Only thing is the fan kicks in but nothing too severe. I have actually been playing on low settings just out of curiosity and it still looks pretty decent. Could be this year is the year I finally play on PC. Still would like to build a powerhouse desktop at some point.

That's it, I've finally, finally had enough. The game is plain nasty. It's a horrible, nasty game that actively sets out to fuck you over. Over and over. No matter what team you have.

I built up my ML team, won the Portuguese League, improved it massively beyond that, and the CPU compensates by rolling out more cheating, dodgy goals, one-sided defeats than ever before. It's beyond a joke. Make the Champions League and the CPU goes into cheat overdrive. I've never seen anything like it.

It has the ability to ruin all pleasure you get from the game, and happens every single time anything nice occurs. Win the championship with a game to spare? Well, the final match of the season, at home, a party atmosphere, and the CPU comes out like a fucking express train and nails you 3-0 on your own patch thanks to some striker who can ride 8 or 9 challenges over a 60 yard dribble. Fuck off.

Next season, my first ever Champions League match. I've worked hard to get this far, it should be exciting. A home game against Malaga is very winnable, yet I go into the game with a sense of dread because I know what's coming. I'll dominate, they'll score an early dodgy goal, I'll work hard to equalise, then the game will go mental and score undeserved goals on the counter attack. I can see it before it happens.

What happens? My keeper rushes out to catch a cross, gets out jumped, which I've never seen before in this game, ever, 0-1. I then spend the whole match battering them to equalise, and score midway through the second half. 1-1. Then, out of nowhere, with ten minutes to go, the CPU scores the shittiest goals you'll ever see. Two long raking balls out to the corner flag, their player rides three challenges, the CPU makes my defender in the box just run out of his way, he cuts the ball back and it thrashes into an empty net. It's just like playing the most annoying online player who seeks to exploit every little hack they can. So I lose 3-1 in a match where they only had three shots on goal.

Seriously, fuck off PES2012. The first ever game that actively seeks out to piss on you from a great height the moment you ever, ever manage to do anything nice in the game.

...while almost everyone else has moved on to other games, games that give you love if you love them too, we can always count on LTFC to serve as our proxy whipping boy!

Love this post. Sums up my time with PS3 PES 2012. Gonna make a cuppa and read it again:))

Finally tried the PES2012 PC demo on my new-ishlaptop after discovering the fix for switchable graphics and making PES use the right graphics card.

Pleasantly surprised to see that while my laptop is no beast of a machine by any stretch of the imagination, I can play the game on high settings with a solid 60fps. Only thing is the fan kicks in but nothing too severe. I have actually been playing on low settings just out of curiosity and it still looks pretty decent. Could be this year is the year I finally play on PC. Still would like to build a powerhouse desktop at some point.

Get a patch and jenkeys mod and get ready to have a sticky controller

Love this post. Sums up my time with PS3 PES 2012. Gonna make a cuppa and read it again:))

Haha! It's true though isn't it, every time I do anything good like achieving something, leaving you buzzing while playing the game, within two games you're suddenly furious and switching it off mid-match and all sense of fun derived from the game is replaced with annoyance.

The game sets out to piss on your parade, I've never seen anything like it. I just hope PES2013 doesn't do the same.

Just had the greatest few matches with my brother, me playing with Romania, he as Belgium. We used to play as these teams back in the ISS days, and it all came back, the game played just fantastically and the matches were tight affairs.

There is still life in the old 2012 dog for me, it still feels a just a bit too early for a new Demo and while I still enjoy the current game that's quite alright.

Just had the greatest few matches with my brother, me playing with Romania, he as Belgium. We used to play as these teams back in the ISS days, and it all came back, the game played just fantastically and the matches were tight affairs.

There is still life in the old 2012 dog for me, it still feels a just a bit too early for a new Demo and while I still enjoy the current game that's quite alright.

Same here - I play online transatlantic grudge games against my mate in NY and it's nothing but fun. I think most of the complaints are over scripted vs CPU games.
Playing against real people is an entirely different affair.

Hello :)

Can someone point me to a good patch or option file for PS3? I recently got the game and I want real names, kits and badges for the teams.

Thanks.

Hello :)

Can someone point me to a good patch or option file for PS3? I recently got the game and I want real names, kits and badges for the teams.

Thanks.

GTM pro world is awesome.. I can't link you cause I'm on the phone, but google it and you shall find on the first link!

Hope I'm not too late :P

Haha! It's true though isn't it, every time I do anything good like achieving something, leaving you buzzing while playing the game, within two games you're suddenly furious and switching it off mid-match and all sense of fun derived from the game is replaced with annoyance.

The game sets out to piss on your parade, I've never seen anything like it. I just hope PES2013 doesn't do the same.

Exactly the reason Why I have abandoned my Love for PES after 17 gruelling ML seasons.
I started with the Donkey Like defaults, battled my way through 7 long Div 2 rotten seasons to get promoted and have only finished outside of the top 4 in the Prem Once ever since, qualifying for Champions League or Europa League every season.
I recently won the Europa league and UEFA Super cup and thought things were on the up.
So first game of the new season and I play Gil Vicente (My ML World is made up of mostly prem and some foreign teams just for variety) their best player is 68OVR, my worst player is 76OVR.
I get stuffed 3-0. Their CB's are able to wonder dribble out of any tight spot, their CF's are able to Messi like dribble through 6 challenges and fire off pin point accurate shots.
The game finishes with 72% possession to me and 18 shots on goal, 12 on target, compared to their 3 shots on goal, 3 on Target and 3 goals.
As with every other team in the game they oplay extremely defensive (park the bus) and pressure-abuse, then just hit on the counter with a long ball to split my defense for the CF to score, every team, every game, is like this.

As a test I notched the difficulty down to Regular for one match and still saw absolute blatant instances of cheating and fuckery whereby the CPU players were able to wonder dribble at any given time, no matter how shit they are!

completely ruins the PES experience, Konami need to make a game thats balanced and have confidence in the AI rather than rely on the cheating scriptfest that it currently is!

Back
Top Bottom