PES 2008 section

Should there be a PES 2008 section?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

PES4eva

Red Devil
1 June 2023
Just wondering if not including a PES 2008 section of the forum is intentional or an oversight?
It seems every other version is covered in some form but PES 2008 is nowhere to be found.
I guess this is a specific question to any administrators but at the same time if anyone else feels PES 2008 should or shouldn't have its own section then please comment and vote with your opinion. Maybe it will be taken into account by admin.

I honestly don't know the answer to that. Maybe it just got lost, maybe there was a valid reason for it. I made one now and moved Juventino's recent Option File there. If there's any other working stuff left somewhere, please let me know.

I just wonder how well it would be received, because 2008 is notorious as being on of the worst in the series. I mean of course people should have a choice, and if there is enough support for it then yes why not? but i fear it would be rarely used. Good idea to have a poll though to gauge peoples reaction.

I just wonder how well it would be received, because 2008 is notorious as being on of the worst in the series. I mean of course people should have a choice, and if there is enough support for it then yes why not? but i fear it would be rarely used. Good idea to have a poll though to gauge peoples reaction.
Maybe that was the point why I'd gotten rid of it some years ago: Hardly any content and its links were dead anyway. Could be why I didn't bother including it in the "Older Titles" archive.

I honestly don't know the answer to that. Maybe it just got lost, maybe there was a valid reason for it. I made one now and moved Juventino's recent Option File there. If there's any other working stuff left somewhere, please let me know.
Nice one!
There's a patch here that's in the 2009 section currently.
https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-2008-world-patch-2007-08-2008.90788/

@Buzzy
I agree somewhat that pes 2008 wasn't the best on some systems apparently but if the PSP is considered at this site then 2008 was arguably its best version.

Last edited:
Cheers man. Salvaged several of those which still got working links. Ignored the super old ones. Also, the Olympic Games one is for PES 6, apparently.

@PES4eva I never tried it on psp but player v player on the PS2 was very good as i remember. It's a shame that the PC version wasn't as good.
Just my luck as well because i had just invested in my first rig.

Anyway good luck with the sub forum & i hope you get plenty of interest. :TU:

@Tom No problem. It might encourage more PES 2008 patches and gameplay mods now there's a sub forum for it... Or maybe not 😁

@Buzzy The PSP versions are never as good as the PC or PS2 versions but as far as the PSP goes then 2008 is a great game for it's platform in my opinion.
There's plenty of versions for the PC so I'm sure you'll find at least one version you really connect with. Besides WE9LE, PES 5 and PES 6 I think 2013 is a great version of PES for PC. It feels like a current modern game of football but still holds aspects of the greats from 2000 - 2007 era. There's a modder called JK who releases timely patches for current seasons too and updates quite quickly for January transfers etc. My only gripe... And this is the same for every patch ever on any PES is the modified commentary and the crowd chants... Especially the crowd chants which sound absolutely awful because they're all different volumes, sound tinny and just poor quality. I'd personally rather they keep original commentators without call names and original crowd sounds but since I don't know what the hell I'm doing when it comes to patching a game I can't really complain can I lol

@PES4eva I have just found my old pes2008 disc and it has modded pc img files from 2008, plus a kitserver & option file. If this is any good to you i can upload it?

@PES4eva I have just found my old pes2008 disc and it has modded pc img files from 2008, plus a kitserver & option file. If this is any good to you i can upload it?
Well I didn't really suggest having a PES 2008 section because I have a great interest in the game but I know others enjoy it on various platforms so it's why I suggested it. If you have the time to upload what you have and add it to the sub forum then I'm absolutely certain someone would use it. So if you have the time then that would be great for people.

Thanks again @Tom , I guess the reason there was not one before is because the PS3 version was so bad. And with PES5 and 6 getting a lot of love and patches there wasn't a need for one. But it’s good to see that it is getting some love at last because the PS2 version is excellent! :APPLAUD:

Back
Top Bottom