PC Gaming

How do you get on with assigning controls to the DS4? The thing I like about the XB360 controller (apart from the fact it feels great to use) is the native support on so many PC games. It's pretty much plug'n play.

It gets picked up as a 360 pad, same button config etc.

I used it with a cable as I don't have a Bluetooth dongle and it worked perfectly :)

Can get one off Ebay for 99p inc free postage! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Mbps-Blu...ndows-98-2000-XP-Vista-UK-Local-/121320419830 not sure if the DS4 needs a bluetooth v1/2/3?

Glad to not be using my XBox 360 controller now, it just feels clunky after using the Dualshock 4.

Yeah that's what makes me want to use it on my PC as well as it took a long time to unlearn using a 360 controller to get used to the DS4!

Can get one off Ebay for 99p inc free postage! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Mbps-Blu...ndows-98-2000-XP-Vista-UK-Local-/121320419830 not sure if the DS4 needs a bluetooth v1/2/3?

"If you want to use Bluetooth, you'll need a semi-recent Bluetooth adapter (2.1 + EDR was introduced in 2007)."

http://www.tested.com/tech/gaming/459529-how-use-dualshock-4-pc/

How does it work though? If I switch on a PS4 pad, it switches the PS4 on so the only way around this is to physically switch off the PS4 so it doesn't detect the pad?

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to pair it everytime you switch again. If it's paired with your PC the PS4 doesn't react. If you want to use it on the PS4 again, you need to plug in the cable again for a second to pair it again.

You need to pair it everytime you switch again. If it's paired with your PC the PS4 doesn't react. If you want to use it on the PS4 again, you need to plug in the cable again for a second to pair it again.

Ah I see, cheers :TU:

Aha in that case I'd just use my spare PS4 controller and keep that synced to the PC and it's there as backup should I need it for the PS4 :)

Turns out of I have 3 bluetooth dongles sat in a drawer doing nothing, how do I identify what spec they are? I plugged them in and they were detected but can't seem to find anywhere showing whether they're 1/2/3 etc.

VViSDcY.png

Discovered that the DS4 doesn't work with all PC games as simple as plug-and-play. It seems games use two different ways of communicating with the controller and the DS4 only supports one, not both.

Ended up just buying a wired 360 controller.

Discovered that the DS4 doesn't work with all PC games as simple as plug-and-play. It seems games use two different ways of communicating with the controller and the DS4 only supports one, not both.

Ended up just buying a wired 360 controller.
If you use the DS4 To XInput Wrapper I posted, it works for every game (with that special Hide PS4 Controller option).

Thinking of buying a Bluetooth adapter to use my ds4 with the pc wirelessly. Can you confirm this adapter on eBay was the right one? Cheers

Apologies for the delay, didn't want to reply until I'd tested for myself with the dongles I have, unfortunately I have no idea what version of Bluetooth they are, presumably Ver 2.0, anyone know how to tell? Either way both worked absolutely perfectly with the PS4 controller, of course when Watch Dogs arrives that's the big test ;)

No worries. I decided to go wired in the end, have a 3m cable for ps4 to ps3 and 1m for ps4 to pc which is right next to me. Both work perfectly.

The only tip I would give anyone is when using the tool to 'hide' the ps4 controller on the settings. That way it only recognises it as a 360 controller and there are no conflicts.

Aye, I have deluxe watch dogs pre-ordered on Origin for £17. I shall see you in Chicago!

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Super bundle at the moment:

Dead Island: GOTY Edition
Dad Island: Riptide
Metro 2033,
Risen,
Risen 2: Dark Waters
Sacred 2: Gold Edition,
Sacred Citadel,
Saints Row 2
Saints Row: The Third: The Full Package

All for just over £6.

Last edited:
Sniper elite 2 free to download on steam for 24 hours. Free to download and keep too not just play for 24 hours

The longer you have a PC, the less excited you get for Steam sales. Eventually you get to a point where you have pretty much everything you want when it goes on sale anyway.

Have now decided to give 4K gaming a go.

Just purchased a 2nd GTX 680 on eBay and ordered the Asus PB287Q 28 inch Widescreen Ultra HD 4K LED Monitor.

So next week will be gaming in 4K(hopefully)

Nvidia are too announce the 900 series GPU's on 9th September with the cards to be released on the 19th September.

No specs or anything have been given yet except they will 4GB VRAM minimum..

I would just expect to see a 10-25% increase in performance over the current models.

My PC-specs at the moment are:

Processor: i7-2600 CPU 3.40Ghz
RAM: 8 GB (8GB usable)
System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) x64-processor
Video card: Nvidia Geforce 545 2 GB

The only thing I have to replace is the video card. I want to buy a MSI/Asus Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 650 2GB. Will that be OK to play FIFA 15 flawlessly?

Last edited:
On very high/Ultra I doubt it.Depends on what settings you're going for.Demo will be released this Tuesday,let's see how different it will be compared to 14 regarding graphics options.

I'm wondering whether I have to upgrade any of current PC hardware to run FIFA 15 on the highest graphic details. Hopefully the demo will be this Tuesday.

If it won't be running smoothly, I'll have to change current processor up. :CONFUSE::CONFUSE:

Back
Top Bottom