Nintendo Switch

Anyone with kids recommend good switch games? My daughter is starting to get into it and loves Mario 3D and Bowsers Fury. Shes getting the hang on the controllers but some levels are still hard so we coop and I carry her. Any games that are fun and easy for kids learning video games? Any other mario games available on switch (preferably playable princess peach) that are simpley
My son is 5 and he prefers Minecraft ripoofs BS on tablet, for the moment. He also is still not so familiar with gamepads, so he is not so familiar with console gaming. But we some fun with Mario Kart, both the N64 and the Switch version (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe). From the safe suggestions.

We also had a lot of fun with Fall Guys, the only minus here, it is mostly online multiplayer, so difficult if you're not competent, but still a lot of fun.

The bright side, it's Free to Play on Switch, don't remember how it's on PS, so you don't loose something by trying it. I strongly suggest it, just for being Free ☺️.

My son is 5 and he prefers Minecraft ripoofs BS on tablet, for the moment. He also is still not so familiar with gamepads, so he is not so familiar with console gaming. But we some fun with Mario Kart, both the N64 and the Switch version (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe). From the safe suggestions.

We also had a lot of fun with Fall Guys, the only minus here, it is mostly online multiplayer, so difficult if you're not competent, but still a lot of fun.

The bright side, it's Free to Play on Switch, don't remember how it's on PS, so you don't loose something by trying it. I strongly suggest it, just for being Free ☺️.

Thanks man, I actually showed her Mario Kart today and she was kinda into it but couldnt wait to play the other mario. I will have to try it.
I also tried when she was 5 and couldnt quite get the controller right, but she did enjoy seeing me play. But give em a year then the gamepad will start clicking.... I actually hadnt thought about fall guys, Ill check it out in PC so its easier to play , I think its F2P in all platforms

Today my son asked me what's the name of the character below. I realized that despite I am playing Super Mario games the last 24 years, I never wondered what his name was!!!

After a deep search, took me longer than I expected, I found his name is "Goomba".

Goomba.PNG
at home… 😊
IMG_2643.jpeg

Yo mate 😎.. Are you experiencing a glitch in the Matrix? 😁😂😋
😂 I wasnt sure but when I posted, I thought to myself… “havent i before!? 🤔“

sorry pal… 😊 was just browsing the thread, cause I’m enjoying BOTW the first time atm, and saw your old post…

im old too! 😂

have a good day mate and a slamming Easter weekend! 👋

😂 I wasnt sure but when I posted, I thought to myself… “havent i before!? 🤔“

sorry pal… 😊 was just browsing the thread, cause I’m enjoying BOTW the first time atm, and saw your old post…

im old too! 😂

have a good day mate and a slamming Easter weekend! 👋
All good mate. I remembered this post of yours, when i saw Super Mario Trailer. On 00:30 minute. :D

BTW, i'm strongly hyped for this movie.. I hope it will break the course of the video games converted to movies...

I've been having an insane amount of fun with Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze! The level design and variety is really something else! I love how it is pays tribute to the original Donkey Kong Country, with many similarities, yet at the same time updates the game with many new features. One major difference is that in the Super Nintendo games, the games were almost 100% reaction, and in DKC Tropical Freeze, you definitely have that, the reactionary part, but you also have to think a bit more with some of the puzzles. In anycase, loads of fun in an expansive and huge world! 🐒 🍌

I've been having an insane amount of fun with Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze! The level design and variety is really something else! I love how it is pays tribute to the original Donkey Kong Country, with many similarities, yet at the same time updates the game with many new features. One major difference is that in the Super Nintendo games, the games were almost 100% reaction, and in DKC Tropical Freeze, you definitely have that, the reactionary part, but you also have to think a bit more with some of the puzzles. In anycase, loads of fun in an expansive and huge world! 🐒 🍌
I love this game! I know it was originally a wii-u game, but I think it’s still my favourite game for the switch!

Trombone Champ is available on the Switch since yesterday.

If you're looking for a super funny party game with your family/friends or if you just want to annoy your wife/neighbors/cat, go for it!

Hi, lads, saw a post about recommendations for kids.

I rarely come here, coz I don't really play switch, but my daughter does and sometimes I'm giving her a hand either solo or in co-op.

Anyways - great games for kids:

- Donkey Kong Freeze (mentioned above, although can be difficult)
- Yoshi Crafted World (probably my favourite, charming as fuck)
- Super Mario Bros Deluxe (2D. My daughter's favourite of them all)
- Kirby Forgotten Land (3D, awesome game that we play in co-op)
- Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe (2D. Another gem)

I don't like Nintendo, I think they are greedy pricks with their Zelda Breath of The Wild from 2017 still being 50quid, but one thing I have to give to them - there is no other platform with such great platformers.

Oh and Super Mario Party Superstars!
This one is like a board game with dice and challenges. And challenges are fecking awesome! We all played this, along with my wife who has gaming disability and can't even walk straight in most games, but we had tons of fun with this one!

My daughter is absolutely loving the new Mario Game. Seems pretty accesible to her as well so difficulty for now hasn't been an issue. She gave it a two thumbs up in case anyone needs a one line review
Is that Super Mario Wonder? The new 2D one? Mine is absolutely loving it as well.
It's nice that 2D platformers are still being made. 3D often overcomplicate things taking away some fun from simply advancing through levels.

Is that Super Mario Wonder? The new 2D one? Mine is absolutely loving it as well.
It's nice that 2D platformers are still being made. 3D often overcomplicate things taking away some fun from simply advancing through levels.

Yeah thats the one. She for some reason just loves turning Peach into an elephant. It does seem easier than the previous 2D Mario we played (U Deluxe).

Yeah thats the one. She for some reason just loves turning Peach into an elephant. It does seem easier than the previous 2D Mario we played (U Deluxe).
Mine was so excited that she can pick Yoshi, but then I saw her playing with some other character..
- thought you wanted to play with Yoshi?
- Yoshi can't turn into elephant!
:LOL:

Mine was so excited that she can pick Yoshi, but then I saw her playing with some other character..
- thought you wanted to play with Yoshi?
- Yoshi can't turn into elephant!
:LOL:
Ha same thing happened to me when my daughter told me to coop. I was happy to be yoshi but no elephant so daughter picked pink toad for me

Couldn’t agree more about 2D platformers. I know you were taking about your kid but I myself think 3D platformers are an abomination lol I mean all they do is make platformers less fun.

Just to clarify further on my previous post:
The 3D platformers I were referencing were about the view being 3D. Eg Mario 64 (not overly popular option here but I think it’s garbage just because of the 3D viewpoint)
3D side scrolling platformers are just as good as 2D side scolding platformers. I think they call it 2.5D or something.

My daughter is absolutely loving the new Mario Game. Seems pretty accesible to her as well so difficulty for now hasn't been an issue. She gave it a two thumbs up in case anyone needs a one line review
I'm loving Mario Wonder as well. Another two thumbs up from me hahaha.

Completely agree about side scrollers. They're my favourite platform games. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is my favourite game on the Switch haha.

Anyone played Hogwarts Legacy specifically on switch? I’ve been wanting to play it but have read that it has some frame rate issues.

I'm loving Mario Wonder as well. Another two thumbs up from me hahaha.

Completely agree about side scrollers. They're my favourite platform games. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is my favourite game on the Switch haha.
DK Tropical Freeze is a masterpiece! Like I mentioned above, I think they found the perfect balance between being true to the Donkey Kong Country classic retro feel, and updating it with a more modern look and gameplay. Plus, I think the difficulty and length of the stages is just perfect: Hard enough to be challenging, but not frustrating. (the bosses are especially challenging but the difficulty is fair I think). Great, great game with a lot of color and personality! :) My favorite Switch game as well (along with their version of FIFA 23!) :TU:

Last edited:

I was debating whether to get Crash Racing or Mario Kart, but after playing both a bit, and also because of a good friend's recommendation, I decided to give Crash a go. Even though I've always loved Mario Kart, Crash seemed to be more "pick up and go" kind of gameplay, more accessible and geared towards immediate fun while Mario Kart seems like it has a steeper learning curve. I think that for these kind of non-simulation racing games, having a more arcade gameplay is actually a plus, and I've been really enjoying Crash Team Racing! :BSCARF: :TU:

Back
Top Bottom