[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

The COM keeps scoring the same effin' goals every time and I can't do anything about them. Crosses and headers, where even if I am controlling a defender in the middle he still gets out jumped that ONE time in the whole match and the guy manages to plant the header into the net from one headed chance, or, more frustratingly, the COM works the ball constantly into an inside-right position, not quite on the wing but wide of the centre, about 35 yards from goal, and chips a tiny little lofted ball over my defender's head, and just as in PES, the game makes a defender off the ball stop for a split second which allows the attacker in. I'm tired of seeing that happen now.

They're really complaints that I have had about FIFA for several years. On World Class or above, COM players outmuscle you off the ball, win every rebound, win every loose ball, their shooting is laser accurate regardless of stats, and their players hound you around the pitch at 100mph with no visible stamina effects. It's nothing new, just your standard FIFA far on higher difficulties.

It's the little stuff really that annoys me, like earlier today, which summed the game up for me - the COM shoots, my keeper saves it, the rebound falls perfectly to an attacker, and the rest of my team mates stand there doing nothing. I try to block with one player but he's too far away and it's a goal. Go up the other end, their keeper parries the ball, I run onto the rebound (a rarity in itself), hit it seemingly into the empty net, and FOUR defenders simultaneously block the ball on the line with diving saves that hit their chest, John Terry salmon-dive style. Do my defenders do the same? You bet your arse they don't.

Last edited:
Anyone ever seen a red card for a professional foul? The COM got away tonight with an absolutely disgraceful bit of play, I flicked on a clearance in injury time, found myself clear on goal, and the COM defender pretty much tugged my forward's shirt and arm as he ran for about 30 yards. I managed to fight his fouls off, got round the keeper who rushed out of his area, and the defender then just flattened me from behind and right on the edge of the box. Not even even a yellow card for that guy. Absolutely disgraceful. He must have committed a professional foul about six or seven times and I didn't even win a penalty.

Oh, and that came after the COM had yet AGAIN equalised with their only shot on target the entire game after I spent most if it pummelling their goal. You gotta love this game.

Yeah I got 2 away to Villa just now in the FA Cup (I'm a championship team still in the second season), managed to come back from 2-0 down with 9 men to draw 2-2 and take it to a replay! :)

Crossing to Lukaku for me is way too overpowered, almost a guaranteed goal now.

Still cannot wait to see what happens with FIFA 15, hope they don't go backwards like they did with the last FIFA game I loved which was 09, FIFA 10 was horrendous.

Yeah I got 2 away to Villa just now in the FA Cup (I'm a championship team still in the second season), managed to come back from 2-0 down with 9 men to draw 2-2 and take it to a replay! :)

Yeah it'll send off your players no problem, but I couldn't believe mine when it happened. I was losing to an absolutely shit goal from their one strike on goal, then to get hauled back six or seven times, stumble, carry on, round the keeper, then get hauled off the ball to the extent my poor attacker pretty much landed upside down, and no card at all, well, it was kinda funny. To make things worse, I accidentally pressed pass instead of shoot and he tapped the free kick straight to the opposition, then the final whistle went :SHOCK:

Well with my sliders breaking clean through for either side is quite a rarity, as it is in real life so it's natural I wouldn't see that kind of foul in the game :)

Anyone ever seen a red card for a professional foul? The COM got away tonight with an absolutely disgraceful bit of play, I flicked on a clearance in injury time, found myself clear on goal, and the COM defender pretty much tugged my forward's shirt and arm as he ran for about 30 yards. I managed to fight his fouls off, got round the keeper who rushed out of his area, and the defender then just flattened me from behind and right on the edge of the box. Not even even a yellow card for that guy. Absolutely disgraceful. He must have committed a professional foul about six or seven times and I didn't even win a penalty.

Oh, and that came after the COM had yet AGAIN equalised with their only shot on target the entire game after I spent most if it pummelling their goal. You gotta love this game.

Yeah I had the cpu goalkeeper sent off yesterday. Never seen that before so was kinda cool.

Fouls in this game are terribly inconsistent. I had a red card called against me over the weekend when my CB did a relatively very minor shirt pull in the box. Meanwhile you'll see defenders pulling attackers back for several yards and nothing is called.

It's the same ways with tackles - you'll see calls for minor fouls and nothing for major clashes. And unfortunately, for whatever reason, the CPU seems to benefit from the way fouls are called more than us.

I've also had red cards called against me in the box when I'm only pressing the contain button, which is terribly frustrating considering how useless contain can be when you actually do want to make a tackle.

Between fouls, issues with advantage play, and the poor timing of calling for half-time or end-time sometimes when you're on a bloody break-away chance, the refs gotta be close to the top of the list for things to be fixed.

So much needs to be addressed for the next game. I know this is a viewpoint of someone not very good at the game but on World Class the sense of the COM going into some kind of 'overdrive', then settling back to being normal again once it's scored a goal or two is too obvious.

They really need to sort out player switching too, IMO it's appalling. I spend half my time wrestling against the game because it keeps selecting the wrong player just too far away from the ball.

I dunno, I've tried the game with minor slider tweaks, with major slider tweaks, with other people's slider tweaks and didn't like it much, I actually prefer the gameplay best with everything set to default, but then I don't think on WC or above it plays anywhere near an even or fair game.

I started a career mode with Man Utd this evening, got two games in and was infuriated. First game, I was beating Swansea away 1-0, it was all very comfortable for 90 minutes then out of nowhere Bony gets the ball on the edge of the box and does that stupid ultra fast turn where the attacker runs in a small circle. I really hate that, it's so unrealistic. Anyways, despite closing him down with secondary press and containing him with my defender, my player and about FOUR off the ball players all run in the opposite direction leaving Bony with an open goal to run in on. All from running in a circle. Ridiculous. And it ends 1-1 in the 93rd minute.

Second game, at home to Chelsea, they come out of the blocks like supermen on steroids. One minute in, they lob the ball into the corner flag, first time cross, my CB gets there first I hammer the clear button, and the clearance hits Hazard on the back, spins up to his head height, and he nods it into the net. Firstly, the deflection defied the laws of physics, and secondly, my keeper, statistically one of the best in the game, just flopped under the ball.

Then almost immediately, on five minutes they score almost an exact replica of the first bizarre goal. Unbelievable. Clearly, the game had decided to race into a lead whether I liked it or not, because after that, the game settled back into behaving normally again. I dominated the play, pulled back a goal late on but couldn't find another thank to their keeper doing what mine couldn't.

Stuff like that just leaves you feeling cheated at nearly every turn on WC. It's really artificial and was rampant on last gen FIFA and PES.

Oh and why, why why why does EVERY long clearance, defensive header, everything from the COM fall perfectly to a team mate like it was laser guided? Very irritating. So there we go, it's too easy on Pro, too artificial and unforgiving on WC, and I don't like the way the sliders mess with the core game. Oh well.

Last edited:
Well I agree with several of your criticisms, but I see things differently when it comes to perceiving the game as cheating, or your interpretation that the game chooses outcomes no matter what you do.

The foul/collision/referee system must be improved. FIFA is now mostly a really good physical game, but it gets some situations terribly wrong, and unfortunately those stand out and sometimes have a big impact on play.

I agree: player switching also has gotta be better. It's such a seemingly simple mechanic and it's odd that it can be so bad. The worst for me is with aerial balls and how sometimes the auto-switch doesn't occur until after the ball reaches its destination, often allowing the CPU a free play.

And I also agree that clearances are too often these ridiculously accurate passes setting-up easy counter-attacks (though a big part of this is the poor defensive/tactical AI that allows those players so much space to receive the pass). I could've sworn EA said this was fixed for this year but it's certainly still a problem.

But where I disagree is on your take of the game's fairness, the CPU cheating, the game choosing outcomes, "scripting" if that's what you mean. The issue really is with gameplay mechanics that are not quite balanced well enough. To be specific, the problems you're referring to - and I've experienced them too - are a result of an imbalance between the CPU attacking difficulty spikes and our ability to counter them defensively.

Personally I like that in CM the CPU's play is not the same from game to game, or even within a game. I think we can all agree that variety of play ought to be a goal, and I think most of us would like to see even more variety out of the CPU.

The problem arises when the CPU goes into ultra-attack mode, its "god" mode, which is meant to be similar to when we adjust to a more attacking formation, switch to a high-attack mentality and a custom tactic that is more aggressive.

Now I actually find this a very effective strategy myself for when I need a goal against the CPU. I score tons of goals late in games by switching to a 4-1-2-1-2, go high attack mentality and switch to a high pressure custom tactic. I'd like think these goals aren't the result of "scripting" but rather the result of my adjustments and quality of play.

The thing is, the CPU is much more defensively sound than we are, as a result of some poor defensive gameplay mechanics. Player switching is one, another is failures in defensive AI, and maybe most important of all is the inadequacy of the contain function and our ability to get tight to attackers like the CPU is able to do to us. Essentially we can't defend as well as the CPU because the defensive mechanics are lacking.

As a result, while the CPU is able to handle our high pressure, ultra-attack strategies well enough, we are at a severe disadvantage when the CPU does the same. The issue isn't cheating or scripting, it's simply a failure in gameplay mechanics.

All that said, there is a way to combat these issues: learn to score more goals! It's unfortunate but an element to FIFA 14 is that there's simply a ceiling of how sound you can be defensively (without adjusting sliders). This game favors attacking play, so to beat it you need to learn to take advantage of that.

For example, I'm on something like a 7 game win streak in my current CM. I've conceded quite a lot, probably at least 1.5 goals per game, but I've scored even more. I could adjust sliders slightly to gimp the CPU a bit, though I choose not to because I don't see those as the real issues, which are the defensive mechanics. So instead I'm just going with the flow and accepting that keeping clean sheets in this game on Legendary with default settings is a rarity.

Last edited:
So much needs to be addressed for the next game. I know this is a viewpoint of someone not very good at the game but on World Class the sense of the COM going into some kind of 'overdrive', then settling back to being normal again once it's scored a goal or two is too obvious.

They really need to sort out player switching too, IMO it's appalling. I spend half my time wrestling against the game because it keeps selecting the wrong player just too far away from the ball.

I dunno, I've tried the game with minor slider tweaks, with major slider tweaks, with other people's slider tweaks and didn't like it much, I actually prefer the gameplay best with everything set to default, but then I don't think on WC or above it plays anywhere near an even or fair game.

I started a career mode with Man Utd this evening, got two games in and was infuriated. First game, I was beating Swansea away 1-0, it was all very comfortable for 90 minutes then out of nowhere Bony gets the ball on the edge of the box and does that stupid ultra fast turn where the attacker runs in a small circle. I really hate that, it's so unrealistic. Anyways, despite closing him down with secondary press and containing him with my defender, my player and about FOUR off the ball players all run in the opposite direction leaving Bony with an open goal to run in on. All from running in a circle. Ridiculous. And it ends 1-1 in the 93rd minute.

Second game, at home to Chelsea, they come out of the blocks like supermen on steroids. One minute in, they lob the ball into the corner flag, first time cross, my CB gets there first I hammer the clear button, and the clearance hits Hazard on the back, spins up to his head height, and he nods it into the net. Firstly, the deflection defied the laws of physics, and secondly, my keeper, statistically one of the best in the game, just flopped under the ball.

Then almost immediately, on five minutes they score almost an exact replica of the first bizarre goal. Unbelievable. Clearly, the game had decided to race into a lead whether I liked it or not, because after that, the game settled back into behaving normally again. I dominated the play, pulled back a goal late on but couldn't find another thank to their keeper doing what mine couldn't.

Stuff like that just leaves you feeling cheated at nearly every turn on WC. It's really artificial and was rampant on last gen FIFA and PES.

Oh and why, why why why does EVERY long clearance, defensive header, everything from the COM fall perfectly to a team mate like it was laser guided? Very irritating. So there we go, it's too easy on Pro, too artificial and unforgiving on WC, and I don't like the way the sliders mess with the core game. Oh well.

Man, i still think your problem is not playing the game on full manual. I know that you already said you don´t like to play manual but the game really plays different. I would like you to make a test: play for one week with all manual controls and with Placebo sliders, but put it on World Class. You may not enjoy in the beginning because you are not used to the manual passing but give it some time, that´s why you need to play it for a week. If after that you still think the AI plays the same as they play with assisted controls i give up trying to convince you. :P

PS: You have to put everything on manual, except the analogic running that is optional.

Personally I like that in CM the CPU's play is not the same from game to game, or even within a game. I think we can all agree that variety of play ought to be a goal, and I think most of us would like to see even more variety out of the CPU.

The problem arises when the CPU goes into ultra-attack mode, its "god" mode, which is meant to be similar to when we adjust to a more attacking formation, switch to a high-attack mentality and a custom tactic that is more aggressive..

As a result, while the CPU is able to handle our high pressure, ultra-attack strategies well enough, we are at a severe disadvantage when the CPU does the same. The issue isn't cheating or scripting, it's simply a failure in gameplay mechanics.

Some really good points and you've got them spot on I think, problem is the difficulty spikes do feel like cheating when I can't defend against them. But it does provide variety, tonight I played a few CM games and the play was great, away to Liverpool I couldn't get out of my own half for a solid 30 mins, held on for 0-0, then grew into the game and went in at half time 1-0 up. The second half was more comfortable with me countering quite dangerously, but then with about five minutes left that difficulty spike you speak about kicked in, and they managed an 88th minute equaliser, poking the ball home in the six yard box after they scuffed a shot that deflected off my defender and into the striker's path.

You're right, I can't defend the COM difficulty spikes very well and I don't punish the COM at he other end nearly as much as I should.

Just a few observations though - I've noticed that the game feels oddly much more fair in Career Mode than playing friendlies. I have no idea why but whereas I've mostly done friendlies and been frustrated, playing in CM has been a much better experience, and I'm doing much better overall. I thought it worth mentioning because games usually do that the other way around. Tonight I comfortably beat Palace 3-1, drew 1-1 at Liverpool and beat Man City 1-0 away in a really tough match.

Another thing that has helped are a change of tactics. I've started using a 4-5-1 that was a default for Bayern, dropping Rooney back into an attacking midfield role, and putting Fellaini in the CDM role (where he is awesome due to his aerial ability). I then added the default Bayern tactics and modified the defence, so pressure and defensive line are both set to 25. This seems to combat the long ball over the top the COM does so well, and I have been able to contain much better.

We'll see, but I agree you are right on the points you made.

Man, i still think your problem is not playing the game on full manual. I know that you already said you don´t like to play manual but the game really plays different. I would like you to make a test: play for one week with all manual controls and with Placebo sliders, but put it on World Class. You may not enjoy in the beginning because you are not used to the manual passing but give it some time, that´s why you need to play it for a week. If after that you still think the AI plays the same as they play with assisted controls i give up trying to convince you. :P

PS: You have to put everything on manual, except the analogic running that is optional.

Man, I dunno, I can't pass in a straight line on manual. The last couple of times I've played the game I reset all sliders back to default out of the box settings, and it plays great. If fact, I think it's the first time I've ever played it properly on default settings. I'm not convinced about sliders, and I think minor changes at least see the COM compensate for them in negative ways. On all default, the game feels a lot better, players feel more individual, everything is more 'weighty', and I think the games I've played have been much more random and realistic. It's hard to explain really, before the sliders just seemed to mess with the way the COM plays. When playing my CM tonight, the default sliders really saw my players feel different in their control and ability. Strange but there we go. That's on semi everything but assisted through ball, which I rarely use anyways.

Another thing you can do that I've been doing lately - and I've gone on a 10 game unbeaten streak (9 wins; 1 tie) - is play with ultra-defensive mentality from the start of games and only change it if you're desperate for a goal.

This FIFA is very attack-oriented and even with ultra-defensive mentality I've been scoring plenty of goals. The only real difference is that I find myself caught out on the counter less often.

Another thing I've done is swap out my high attack fullbacks for high defense fullbacks. For years I've always made it a priority to have attack oriented fullbacks but because of this year's defensive frailties I find it helpful to have defensive minded fullbacks. And they still join in attack plenty.

Another thing you can do that I've been doing lately - and I've gone on a 10 game unbeaten streak (9 wins; 1 tie) - is play with ultra-defensive mentality from the start of games and only change it if you're desperate for a goal.

This FIFA is very attack-oriented and even with ultra-defensive mentality I've been scoring plenty of goals. The only real difference is that I find myself caught out on the counter less often.

Another thing I've done is swap out my high attack fullbacks for high defense fullbacks. For years I've always made it a priority to have attack oriented fullbacks but because of this year's defensive frailties I find it helpful to have defensive minded fullbacks. And they still join in attack plenty.

If you have time at some point would you mind posting your favourite formation and team tactics? I'd be interested to see what yours are.

I'm using Bayern's tactics (though EA change then all the time with each update) with a 4-5-1, which really is like a 4-1-4-1, and it seems to vary - one game I struggle to get any players forward at all, in others, players make all sorts of runs. In my Palace match my right back popped up in open play to score and then Fellaini, the deep lying DMC, broke into the box twice to score two headers, breaking even further forward than Van Persie.

Hi FIFA fans. Picked this up on PS4. It's a pretty solid game! One question. How do you customize the cameras? I'm trying out the default camera but can't get the zoom, height etc. to work. Any help would be appreciated.

If you have time at some point would you mind posting your favourite formation and team tactics? I'd be interested to see what yours are.

I'm using Bayern's tactics (though EA change then all the time with each update) with a 4-5-1, which really is like a 4-1-4-1, and it seems to vary - one game I struggle to get any players forward at all, in others, players make all sorts of runs. In my Palace match my right back popped up in open play to score and then Fellaini, the deep lying DMC, broke into the box twice to score two headers, breaking even further forward than Van Persie.

My default formation is a modified version of the wide 4-2-3-1. My RM is positioned higher up the pitch than the LM, just shy of being a RW (sometimes it's the inverse, depending on the players), and both outside attackers have inside-diagonal attacking arrows; one CDM has low attack workrate; and most recently I've been playing with one fullback having a low attack workrate too, hoping to improve my defense on counter-attacks (and to balance out my high attack RM). I'm not sure it's working but at least it gives me a little added peace of mind considering how aggressive this game can be with its attacking runs, leaving easy counterattack opportunities.

If I need a goal, I switch to a 4-1-2-1-2. I score tons of goals with this formation and I have a very high success rate of coming from behind to draw or win using this change, though it clearly leaves my defense vulnerable. I've read some people say they think this is the best formation for this game, and I might actually agree because it syncs with the attacking nature of FIFA (and it's near impossible to get two CDMs to sit like they should, so why bother), but I just don't feel right playing such an attack oriented formation.

The other formation I switch to in situations where I'm either holding onto a lead or when I just wish to play more conservative, is a 4-5-1 which is the same as my default formation except I simply pull my CAM back to the CM position and alter a few workrates so it's more defensive. Because of tactical issues with this game, however, I'm not entirely convinced that playing with a 3 man midfield provides the benefits that it ought to. I used to switch to a five man backline when I was protecting a lead, and I might go back to doing that.

As for tactics, I think I'm just using Schalke's default as my default (I'm playing with Schalke in CM), but I'm pretty aggressive with switching tactics up depending upon the situation or if I think things just aren't working. Like the 4-1-2-1-2, I use the default high pressure tactic with a lot of success when I need a goal, and they go very well together because you have more players further forward to apply pressure, which is key. I also use the counter-attack sometimes when I'm protecting a lead in the second half. If the CPU is pressuring effectively, I'll switch to my final custom tactic which is a slower building, short passing custom tactic to make sure I have plenty of passing opportunities to combat the pressure.

My favorite tactics are actually Borussia Dortmund's, and come to think of it I'm not sure why I'm not using them at the moment. In my Chelsea CM I used a slight variation of BvB's as my default.

I've used Bayern's system quite a bit in the past, because I'm attracted to the 4-1-4-1, but I gave up on it because I found it didn't provide enough of an attack, while like I said, I don't know that there's a real benefit of playing with three midfielders in this game. It's something that bothers me. I do think the key to this formation being effective is that you be patient with the ball, regularly use RT to stop the ball and shield it, and wait for things to develop rather than force it. It's an effective strategy if you're patient, but I'm not always patient, which is why I enjoy formations with more forward-placed attackers. Back on last gen I actually really enjoyed sometimes playing with a 4-1-4-1 formation that I shifted the two CMs slightly forward so that they were actually CAMs, which provides more attacking thrust.

In the end, I always keep coming back to the 4-2-3-1 because, like in real life, I find it the most versatile, balanced, and effective formation, which can be altered quite a bit depending upon which types of players you choose for key positions, especially your CDMs and CAM.

Thanks very much for posting that :)

I've noticed I'm getting a lot more runs since switching my tactics to free form in passing and shooting. I also just comfortably won several games in a row playing with four at the back, a deep lying DMC protecting the back four, one lone striker and four attacking midfielders so it almost looks like an arrow shape pointing forwards. Worked a treat recently!

Cheers for that though, I'll take a proper look at your tactics and see where I can improve.

I've had to turn the commentary off today as ive had enough. It's a shambles.

I'll lose to Liverpool and at the end of the match hear them say how my team fought hard and were unlucky. The start of the next match against say swansea, they'll talk about how both teams drew earlier in the season an they expect a draw again. Then they'll talk about the Liverpool match and how i lost 2-1 ... But then start yabbering on about how I was outclassed!
And then they'll start saying that they think I'll lose again today and throw in a line about men against boys.

And no matter how well I do in the league...if my teams star rating isn't at a certain level they always talk about my team like they're a piece of crap. Always the under dogs.

If I have a player injured... They'll always say he's one of the main strikers. Even if he's a defender. They always talk about Any injury I have like its my star man even if he's just some 60 rated turd I threw in for the last 10 minutes and unluckily got injured. My strikers could have scored 30+ goals... They'll get injured... I'll play at another teams home ground and they'll say the same line about how their defence must have been happy to see the team sheet and how my strikers has got a "few" away goals here and there this season.

Plus they still reuse the same commentary referring to last seasons real world data. So they'll talk about Newcastle and the Europa league every single time I play them.... Every single year. That shit should only happen in exhibition or the first season in career.

And then to top it all off... The crazy up and down way certain players names have been recorded. So Martin Tyler pronounces Zabaleta with a fake foreign accent... Yet her never says his name like that in real life. Carzola as arsenal also gets the odd full name treatment with an odd pronunciation of his name. It's all up and down and feels like they recorded it in drips here and there and hoped it would all mesh together.

Why they don't just start recording them during sky broadcasts I do not know. They'd have the right pronunciations, the right emotion, the right volume levels and have them saying the same lines, the same conversations they usually do on tv.

It's an absolute mess. They need to gut it and have a restart for next year.

Last edited:
Wouldn't say it bothers me enough to turn it off but it is very buggy, mostly down to the implementation rather than the recording, could swear it was never this bad at launch? Especially the stuff like having a reserve striker listed for loan and them saying he's starting in goal etc!

I was thinking it's gotten much worse recently too. I never recall hearing that my midfielder was a striker when he's injured or having a player not even in the line up and they talk about this match being his debut or something like that.

I'm just sick of the exact same lines every match playing as Portsmouth. I can pretty much rattle off exactly what they'll say every match just in a different order.

Always about them hitting financial struggles and bouncing back, credit to those running the club. Yet I'm now in the premiership and finish mid to upper mid table every season. This is basic... it should read your career data.

They've NEVER once commented on my promotion or cup wins, no mention of me beating my rivals or losing to them apart from during those actual matches at full time. Once that match ends... it's all forgotten and 'I'm going to lose this match. I don't think they've ever thought I was going to win. the best I've managed is they think ill scrape out a draw... which seconds later they're then saying I'll lose this match.

Then they'll make an arsey comment about me putting an 18yr old on the loan list but then using them as a sub. Seems to think that you only loan players out that you don't want. Like they can't contemplate that you're just loaning the kids out to get a full season rather than a few games if they stayed.

Then they'll talk about the last match and how I was either outclassed (regardless of the scoreline or how I lose) - men vs boys. Or if I won... a true underdog victory... but they'll still think ill lose this one (even if I'm 3-0 up at that point!). Always with the losing.

That's pretty much all I hear... every... single... match. :CONFUSE:

If you watch all of the intros the commentary does work better because otherwise stuff like talking about the last match happens at a random time, so you can be winning 3-0 and they'll say they think you'll lose, I don't think it in any way considers the performance of the previous match it's simply picking a lined of dialogue that fits best to how well they think you're going to do in the current match. If you watch the intros it talks about your previous result and what they think you'll get out of this match before the game has even kicked off, which of course makes sense!

I would watch them but they take ages.

They really need to make it so if you press x to skip it nudges forward to any special commentary they were going to use rather than a full skip to kick off. So like if it was going to show your new signing and talk about him during the handshakes. Then you should be able to skip the initial walk out scene and it go right to that.

And then give the option to fully skip it all by pressing start or circle or anything.

Oh absolutely I agree nobody in their right mind is going to sit and watch them for every match just pointing out why it happens as it does in case you weren't aware :)

Those of you playing on manual, do you think player attributes show through, As far as passing and shooting goes?

And in the last/current-gen versions when you scored you could hit X/Square to go to the full replay of the goal, I can't seem to do that in next-gen. Did they take that out?

Got my PS4 today, it's brill!

Those of you playing on manual, do you think player attributes show through, As far as passing and shooting goes?

Absolutely, and especially when you're passing with someone who has decent vision, I signed Diskerud for my Championship Owls team and he has vision of 80/81, makes a huge difference when trying to make those dissecting forward passes, if I try the same pass on manual with a different player, even if their passing stats are reasonably good it's a lot harder to weight the ball right if they don't have decent vision.

And in the last/current-gen versions when you scored you could hit X/Square to go to the full replay of the goal, I can't seem to do that in next-gen. Did they take that out?

Yup it's still there, you have to press it at the start of the replay before they show the goal for the 2nd/3rd/4th time IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom