my controller has stopped working?

pap_pes

Conference
24 October 2013
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I've been playing original pes21 (steam version) for years now, have heavily modded it etc. and I decided for whatever reason to download and install football life 23 because I heard the gameplay was a bit different and wanted to give it a shot. It downloaded and I couldn't get the controller to work on FL23, so used ds4windows. great, it works, however the games super out of date so I decide to go back to pes 21 because I've been manually updating my edit file with transfers for the last month-and-a-half. Only now, when I go into pes, my controller wont work... It reads it in steam, the controller says that its connected and if i go into big picture mode or test in settings everything works. I'm using a cable aswell.

Has anyone had any experience with this/has any ideas as to how to fix it? I have tons of master leagues on steam pes that I'm invested in but they're literally unplayable because I can't use the controller anymore? I've tried different controllers, I've tried using ds4 windows with steam as well, nothing has worked thus far. If anyone has ANY idea or tips, they'd be greatly appreciated.

go in Setup from PES and check if your Controller is on. Sometimes Setup changes Direct to XInput Mode...

MfG ZERoberta

go in Setup from PES and check if your Controller is on. Sometimes Setup changes Direct to XInput Mode...

MfG ZERoberta
in game? or go into the settings.exe? i've done that and its on the correct setting on the settings.exe

i spoke of settings.exe. If your Controller is set up correctly and all Buttons are set up correct then maybe its an Steam Problem.

i spoke of settings.exe. If your Controller is set up correctly and all Buttons are set up correct then maybe its an Steam Problem.
I don't think its a steam issue, because the controller works with everything else on steam! how bizarre... do you think it could be anything else? like maybe a conflict between pes and FL23 somewhere? It all started when I installed FL23 lol

I am on original Steam PES 2021 so i can't figure out your Issues. Write to Konami and tell them that they are fucking Idiots. Maybe it doesn't help but it feels kind of let something go... ;-)

MfG ZeRoberta

I'm using the DS3 controller and the ScpToolkit add-on application. I also often experience like you. the controller suddenly disconnects and doesn't work in the game. i resolved it by attaching a charge control cable. and the controller is working again

I'm using the DS3 controller and the ScpToolkit add-on application. I also often experience like you. the controller suddenly disconnects and doesn't work in the game. i resolved it by attaching a charge control cable. and the controller is working again
idk what scptoolkit is but tbh it doesnt really sound the same. like, my controller doesnt disconnect, its lit up the whole time, it just doesnt work for some reason. like, its literally worked for years, ever since i bought the game and now its just... dead. nothing works

I am on original Steam PES 2021 so i can't figure out your Issues. Write to Konami and tell them that they are fucking Idiots. Maybe it doesn't help but it feels kind of let something go... ;-)

MfG ZeRoberta
yes i am also on original pes on steam. its just decided to die on me and i have no clue what to do

yes i am also on original pes on steam. its just decided to die on me and i have no clue what to do
I would suggest backing everything up. then do a fresh steam install. then add your mods. That way you should get around the FL problem.

I have a question: if i verify steam files with mods installed, will it mess up my mods?

I have a question: if i verify steam files with mods installed, will it mess up my mods?
If you haven't messed with or replaced any of the originally installed files, it shouldn't be a problem. Steam's verification ignores all other files which weren't part of the original installation.

Back
Top Bottom