John Terry in trouble. Again.

And the day John Terry will be a Liverpool player, he will become CRYSTAL CLEAN.
And when the GLORIOUS Stevie would leave Liverpool, that DJ would no longer be a prick and that incident will be a serious incident.

Let's pretend that you are not a wind-up merchant...i was at Heysel and i know that the Liverpool fans were done unjustice...but when i read your posts...i start to doubt what i saw with my own eyes that day. Luckily there are thousands real peacefull and fair Liverpool fans who live up to their reputation as great fans for a great club. You're a bad ambassador for your club.

First of all, we don't need "that kind" of person (like Terry) in LFC!
Second, Stevie will not ever going to leave LFC and if he did... that DJ would STILL a pr*ck (and MAN-U supporter, as many newspapers wrote!) and that incident would STILL a "dirty"/fabricated issue!
Third, I was TOO IN HEYSEL my friend ('cause I'm 39 years old) and I DO KNOW that our fans were wrong and did unbelievable awful things!... SO WHAT? What's the point of this comment, for THAT WE'RE TALKIN' about now??? And the Germans burned millions of Judes! So???... Do we have to hating the Germans for ever?!
(Your point is TOTALY OFF-TOPIC!)
Obviously, if I'm taking it right ("International"), you're an INTER MILAN supporter, an Italian perhaps? Even now, after SO many years, if I've travel to Italy wearing a LFC cap, they almost attacking me when I walking on the streets!
TAKE A BREAK!... Heysel it's History. It's done. It happent. We (LFCs) feeling very badly for it and we're regreting it.
END OF STORY!

You're totaly off-topic, you lost completely my words meaning...
...and I don't need YOU, to tell me if I'm a true and good supporter of LFC!
And mark my word... We're SUPPORTERS of LFC, we're LOYAL SUBJECT of "Merseyside Reds", we're not... "fans"!
"Fans" are our wives when they're joining us in matches.
Cheers, anyway...

Obviously, if I'm taking it right ("International"), you're an INTER MILAN supporter, an Italian perhaps?

man! i certainly would feel offended by that. there's no need to insult people calling them italians, dude. besides, although i admit they seem pretty nasty at first glance, italians aren't really that dangerous... the thing is, for some reason, they just can't stand people wearing something red. so just keep that in mind next time u venture to have a trip in italy and i can guarrantee u will be relatively safe.....

jokes apart guys, now that ferdinand stepped up to captain, who do u reckon will be named vice captain? :))

Well Capello did 'auditions' for the role with the 3 candidates, Terry, Rio and Gerrard all captaining the side for one match or more and in the end he chose Terry to be the captain with Ferdinand as the vice captain, so Gerrard is now the vice captain.

This captain thing is so typically English...here in Europe we don't really care who the captain is.

PS: i feel rather honoured being called an Italian...unfortunately i'm not...

Steve Gerrard twatted a DJ and should have been sent down for it. But the judge bottled it because the Liverpool mafia would have created merry hell if they were without their captain for a few months.

Well the trial was in Liverpool so the likelyhood that there were some fans of his in the jury is quite high. A fair trial would have been held in a nearby town instead. Apparently the guy is seeking legal action over whether he can take Gerrard to court again anyway because he was charged with affray rather than assault so maybe there is more to come from that and Steven will have to contain his dives to the showers in prison.

With Ashley Cole out now, it looks like Bridge will be (under normal circumstances) in the starting 11. But will he really want to play in the same team as a slimeball who was porking his girlfriend?

If Bridge does not want to play in the smae team as Terry he's not professional and should get to the WC...like i already said in this thread, this happens all the time in professional life.

Professional or not, you have to ask yourself what's more important in your life. Your personal life or your football.
Bridge earns a lot of money and if he spent his money right, he wouldnt have to work hard again for the rest of his life. So assuming that was the case, he doesnt need football as much as he needs his personal life.

Professional or not, you have to ask yourself what's more important in your life. Your personal life or your football.
Bridge earns a lot of money and if he spent his money right, he wouldnt have to work hard again for the rest of his life. So assuming that was the case, he doesnt need football as much as he needs his personal life.

and his self-respect.

If Bridge does not want to play in the smae team as Terry he's not professional and should get to the WC...like i already said in this thread, this happens all the time in professional life.

What line of work are you in Gerd ? Because it doesnt happen very often in the industry I work in. And it is certainly very rare - virtually unheard of - for an employee to cheat with another employee's partner.

I see Moron Blatter has claimed that Terry would be applauded in some countries for what he has done. Blatter really does live in a bubble.

I'm a civil servant, although a very atypical one. My work is more in related with social work. I see it happen all the time here in belgium.

It's a well known fact that people tend to find partners in professional setting. I met my wife on the job and i know plenty of people who have met a second (unofficial) partner at work. I guess this is odd for you guys because you are much younger than i am. Once you have a loong relationship there comes a period of routine or boredom, that's the period when most cheating begins. You cheat in a safe social circle (one that your partner doesn't know), hence: work.

You're talking about Bridge's self respect, English people are funny people (i know it's a generalization and i apologize before anybody gets hurt), where is all the talk about "the honour of representing your country" ?
I also see something odd in the fact that people say that people's personal life is more important than football (it certainly is for me) and th efact that the same people are saying that Terry (bcause of things in his personal life) is not the right person to be England's captain....very weird...

There is pride in representing your country, but there's a bit more to it than that.

If I had the opportunity to play for my country I'd be honoured.

If I had to play alongside someone I didn't like (ie. I found them rude so took a personal dislike to them), I'd be professional because the team would come first. Just look at Andy Cole & Teddy Sheringham. It was no secret that they didn't like each other at United, but on match day they put it behind them for the sake of the team, and went on to be very successful.

If I had to play alongside someone that I'd known & trusted over the years, who had gone behind my back and done the dirty with the mother of your child, I wouldn't be able to just get over it so would most likely turn down that chance. Otherwise the slightest argument (maybe a poor pass) would bring all those emotions back and I'd end up swinging for him.

Another example would be:
Your partner & best friend are caught having an affair. It doesn't matter how long you've all known each other you've still been betrayed.
A month later, a mutual friend (who knows what happened) invites you, your partner, your best friend & his partner, to a weekend away.
What would you do?

Part of our culture is having role models & icons. Those who set an example to those around them, as well as the youngsters who look up to them. Apologies for using my Man United bias, but players like Ryan Giggs & Paul Scholes are considered good role models. They go to work (ok, play football), stay out of the media limelight, and stay out of trouble altogether.
People like Joey Barton, Paul Gascoigne & Mark Bosnich wouldn't be considered a good role model, even though they do / did the same job, because of what they did off the pitch.

So for that reason a lot of people think he shouldn't be England captain. They're not saying he shouldn't play football, just not be the one that is the main representative of the national side. A lot of people would say that the same applies to Rio Ferdinand, though to be honest it would apply to almost every single England player! Rio did make a bad decision in missing a drug test, but a 9 month ban for passing the test a day later is very harsh. It's more than many players who fail drug tests get. Even Eric Cantona had an 8 month ban for attacking a fan, so how does that work?
It doesn't just apply to footballers though.

The other thing to consider is that should England put in a poor performance when Terry & Bridge are in the same lineup, the media would have a field day and use the affair as an excuse.

Sorry for the long post!

It's a well known fact that people tend to find partners in professional setting. I met my wife on the job and i know plenty of people who have met a second (unofficial) partner at work. I guess this is odd for you guys because you are much younger than i am. Once you have a loong relationship there comes a period of routine or boredom, that's the period when most cheating begins. You cheat in a safe social circle (one that your partner doesn't know), hence: work.

This I agree with and it happens in England too (not sure if you meant it didnt?). A few people where I work have slept with each other or are in a relationship having met at work and so on, but that's not the same as a colleague/teammate who is also your best friend sleeping with your wife/girlfriend. Also the bond between team mates in football is surely a lot closer than colleagues from a 'normal job' so the feelings are stronger. You don't go through the same extreme emotions together (winning/losing), you don't get as physically close (celebrating goals etc) and you don't shower together for example!!

Gerd, if one of your best friends slept with your wife behind your back surely you would feel worse than if she had just slept with someone you didn't know? And if this friend was also a colleague, surely you'd find it hard or at the very least awkward around them?

Looking at things from a football perspective, England are heading into the world's biggest sporting event this summer, with genuine hopes of winning the World Cup. My worry is that there will be huge potential for disharmony in a squad containing Terry and Bridge, regardless of whether they actually start together. The pressure and expectation will be immense, and the squad will spend every day together for well over a month. The last thing I want is a bust-up or players taking sides during the big event, especially with the media scrutinising England's every move.

Wayne Bridge doesn't deserve to be dropped. I think he is a solid player and worthy of the England team. But if I was Capello I would worry about how the atmosphere and morale of the team will fare with Bridge and Terry spending so much time together in a pressure-cooker atmosphere.

If my best friend would sleep with my wife, of course i would be disappointed.
I'm not sure i would change jobs if i really love my job.
I have a very similar experience. One of my best friends is a (married) collegue. At work i had a very good (woman) friend. We were very close (but never had something romantic or sexual although plenty of people thougth so). My friend is very competitive and he srtarted a sexual relationship with the girl when he was her boss. She felt uncomfortable with it and dropped him. He blamed me, because i was supposed to be jealous of his relationship with her (which i wasn't).
He became a top manager and to my astonishement did everything to become my boss, which he is since april 2009. I was devastated because we are no longer friends and because he hasn't the faintest clue about what i'm doing. But i love my job and never considered quitting. He needs me more than i need him because i'm very good at my job and i'm worshipped by our clients...In the beginning he wanted to show that he's the boss, but i stubbornly continued to do what i was used to do and our CEO supported me...i became the "winner" in something he saw as a contest and i didn't...

Of course al this is in a different context. Team bonding is important in football and football players are much younger people and more idealistic (or less rational). Morally i support Bridge (Terry is a big prick). But if i was Capello i would leave Bridge in England...Terry is more important for the team.

Then there is the argument of the role model, if you use that argument as selction criterium the England has to play wit h a C team: Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney, Johnson, Terry..they all did things that aren't good for role models...so it would be beter not to use that argument. Thosr guysare football players and not moral philosophists.

Last edited:
The role model argument is valid cuz it only really applies to the captain. I mean, in a general sense, anyone who's in the media should be a role model to kids and playing football is no different. What made this situation worse is that he's the captain of the country's national side, he's the leader and the face of the whole national. For someone that influential, this kind of behaviour is unacceptable.

Back
Top Bottom