John Terry in trouble. Again.

I agree. And not just because he's a classless cunt, but because he has rendered his position as team captain untenable.

A captain is the leader, who commands respect from the rest of the players and is looked up to and is someone they are inspired by. How can any of the other players have any of this for Terry when he has treated his best friend this way? It's disgusting, it's the lowest you can stoop to in terms of morals and friendship in my opinion.

If Bridge still wants to play for England while Terry is around, how can he be expected to slot in defence next to him and play like nothing has happened?

I just hope Capello does the right thing and gives someone more worthy the captaincy.

Terry's gonna get arse-raped by Capello like Jay on a minor.

But hardly surprising behaviour from someone whose got just a shady family history as well as having previous allegations of racism.

I'm just glad there were some of us who saw through the media's image of a lionheart and figured he was more morally indecent than he was exposed for.

The rumour is Terry got Bridge's missus up the duff and then she had an abortion. Way to treat your friend.

What a twunt.

I really cannot see how Terry can escape this with his captaincy intact. The incidents have been piling up now - 9/11 jibes towards Americans, parking his sports car in disabled bays, pissing on dance floors, gambling addictions, taking money for tours of Stamford Bridge etc, etc......then you have his scummy family - drug-dealing dad and shoplifting mum.

He's an over-rated footballer as well, and makes up for his limited defensive ability and positional sense with a willingness to throw himself at any ball like a true English 'lionheart'.

Not England captain material. We need a true professional and good role-model as leader. Who can look up to Terry? I'd give it back to Becks if he wasn't a bit part player. He was truly a great England captain.

Yeah I think Beckham would still be a good captain (he nobley gave it up remember) but realistically it's got to be one of Ferdinand, Rooney, Gerrard or Lampard I guess.

Personally I think Ferdinand would be best (not just because of my United bias) though I can see Capello giving it to Rooney but who knows.

I think its in England's best interest to give it to Rooney. IMO, either Gerrard, Lampard, or Rio would make better leaders but giving Rooney the armband could inspire him to become an even better player and also potentially a lot more influencial than anyone else in the country.
Not only that, the armband also gives him (like it would to anyone else) the feeling that he needs to set an example to the rest of the players, which means you wont see him doing anything stupid on the pitch like losing his temper or whatever.

i never agreed on JT to be captain of England..

either Gerrard, Beckham or even Rooney should be considered

Rooney would be ideal for the future and due to his amazing form and also he is better rolemodel for kids than JT..

Gerrard is older but should have been captain before Terry was selected..

She's not better than his actual wife.
What's up with these idiots? First Ashley Cole and now him. If you have a nice ready cooked meal at home, why go outside for some chips?

Come on, this happens all the time...i remember Platini in his playing days with St-Etienne.
His best mate and a fellow midfielder of St-Etienne walked away wit his wife and afterwards Platini only became a btter player because of it.
i don't think this is any of our business, this is a private affair. We don't know what exactly happened and surely, you guys don't believe the press...

Not that i like Terry...he is a cunt and and overrated player, but i don't see what this has to see with his captaincy. The best thing that Capello could do is leave Bridge home...this is unfair, but top level sports are unfair.

I can just see Rooney with that armband, he plays passionately for his nation/club and i reckon would be a very inspirational individual to have.

Come on, this happens all the time...i remember Platini in his playing days with St-Etienne.
His best mate and a fellow midfielder of St-Etienne walked away wit his wife and afterwards Platini only became a btter player because of it.
i don't think this is any of our business, this is a private affair. We don't know what exactly happened and surely, you guys don't believe the press...

Not that i like Terry...he is a cunt and and overrated player, but i don't see what this has to see with his captaincy. The best thing that Capello could do is leave Bridge home...this is unfair, but top level sports are unfair.

I agree that it is not really any of our business and normally I do not believe these stories that are in the newspapers (or take much notice of them) but this time it's a bit different. Terry had an injunction in place so the story could not be leaked, not to protect his family but to protect his already damaged reputation so he did not lose any lucrative sponsorship deals etc. This is the reason that the judge decided to lift it and allow the press to report the story. Why should he be allowed to be paraded as the brave lionheart hero, leading our country at the World Cup, milking any positive media and the like, while at the same time stopping stuff like this from being reported because he doesn't want it to affect his already ridiculously high earnings?

The problem I have is that this DOES have a direct bearing on Terry's ability to act as captain as he has surely lost the trust and respect of his teammates. If he had racially abused someone, I'm pretty sure the black players in the England team would have lost respect for him and would be unhappy having his as their captain and I'm also pretty sure this would result in his captaincy being taken away. In my opinion the result is the same from sleeping with a fellow players wife. The players must be thinking, well if he did it to his best mate, why wouldn't he do it to anyone else? If one of your more senior colleagues (who also happened to be a friend) had slept with your wife I don't think you'd want to continue working with that person and I think it would affect the atmosphere around that person with other colleagues and management.

I suppose in a way it's lucky Bridge isn't that good and has Ashley Cole in front of him as otherwise the affects could be far worse.

Wel Jumbo, it's typically English to attach much value to the captain of a team. Here on the continent we couldn't care less who's the captain of a team.

And as a matter of fact my boss was once with my best friend and slept with one of my best friends (not my girlfriend) and dropped her unceremoniously. besides that i also know his wife very well...the day he became my boss, i was not happy, but i like my job too much to search another one...like i already said it happens all the time.

When people get older, they settlle in relations and sometimes it becomes a bore...on top of that when people become older they loose their illusions and become less scrupulous and the result is that people cheat all the time : on their wife, on their best friends...

Terry is young, but once you pass 40, you see it all the time (unfortunately). At work me and 4 others were together all the time...now the others mildly laugh with me because i'm the only one who hasn't cheated on his wife...

All this said, if being captain is that important, well Capello should give the armband to Rooney. He will be one of the absolute stars of the WC. At the moment Rooney is the second best player in the world...only Messi is better.

Sad to read he'd treat a friend and fellow professional with such lack of respect.

Even more surprising to learn that it wasn't Frank Lampard he was shagging up the arse.

We all know he's a cunt but this was even low for his standards, Definitely think he should lose his captaincy but don't think Rooney should get it.

Think of all the things he already does, he doesn't need the armband to represent that as all the things a captain does he does already without the extra spotlight needed on our biggest and brightest star.

Give it to Rio and then possibly Rooney.

@ Gerd - I appreciate that national team captaincy is not a big deal on the continent, but us English have always considered it a prestigious position and the biggest honour any England player can achieve. Normally I wouldn't care about extra-marital affairs and footballers because, like you said, it happens all the time. In the case of John Terry this is just the latest in a long line of shameful incidents.

How Terry can command the respect of his England team mates is now in question, especially as this is a world cup year. That's why this is a big deal. An England captain also has a duty as a role-model to young football fans, and again Terry fails to have the class and honour for such a position.

Who else would be a suitable candidate basically comes down to who is less of an arsehole, of which the England team has many. If Capello does decide to strip Terry of the captain's armband then I think it has to go to Gerrard (even though he punched a DJ). He's got the experience at club level and can be a great leader and match-winner. Rooney would be a close second but I think he still has too much of an angry streak and could be a liability.

What about Ferdinand? He's Capello's vice captain and has been a fantastic leader for United over the past 3 or so seasons. Gerrard's been dire this season and his England form is never as good as at club level.

Maybe Rio, yeah, he does have the credentials for United even though I think he is a bit of a plank.

As Matherto said, Gerrard needs to replicate his club performances for England and the armband might just give him the drive to do that. Not that he should need any encouragement.

As an outsider i'm flabbergasted that Lampard isn't even mentioned.
Terry: troubles
Gerrard: troubles and a bad season
Rio: troubles (failed drugs test) and injuries.
Rooney: best player but a red card is always possible.
Lampard: i am not aware of troubles and once again he's having a splendid season...the most underrated player of his generation IMO...

I mentioned Lampard in my first or second post! ;) I think he's a fantastic player and although he's captained Chelsea before when Terry has been injured I just don't think he's as natural a leader as some of the others mentioned. He did have a couple of 'troubles' as you put it when he was younger and had some stuff in the press when he left his wife recently but nothing major really, but then bar the missed drugs test neither has Ferdinand (probably less infact). The drugs test thing was blown out of proportion and he was made an example of and given a more severe ban than players who actually FAILED drugs tests, even though he took one the next day and was 'clean' but he's still not managed to shake off that reputation with certain people which is unfortunate.

I'd rather have Lampard as captain over Gerrard anyway.

Last edited:
The thing about the captaincy is Beckham has made the England captain "role" more ambassadorial. It's no longer about how you play on the pitch it certainly is about more off it and i honestly cannot see how he himself can hold onto it.

The coming weeks are just going to get more uncomfortable for him and he should do the right thing and stand down.

The person i feel more sorry for is Bridge. I bet you that fat cunt Lampard even knew about it but it is Bridge who will get all the stick in this about how his missus was playing away etc from other "pros"

Sick. If Capello keeps him as Captain it will "could" damage him sticking by Terry!!

I can't even imagine the mood that will surround the English team in the World cup... Capello must be furious with this. Wasn't Bridge A$hly Cole's backup?

Back
Top Bottom