Is Basic shooting overpowered in PES 2015?

what is overpowered?

• Total voters
Just checked your two vids and it´s indeed a lot better balanced and optimized in PES 6.

There is more variation in the trajectory of the ball and the keepers reaction, while in PES 2015 it´s the same situation over and over again, just like a replay.

I understand the argument, that a top scorer should make that goal with no defenders around and using his strong foot.
Also, people could say that in PES 6 Van Persie didn´t have the stats he has now, cause now he is a lot more exerienced and developed.

But I doubt that in real life, out of 21 tries he´d make that many goals and manages it that the ball goes the same way over and over again.

That happens in games as well, so it´s definitely an issue.

And yeah, the keeper just doesn´t look good as well and I believe that there has to be more variation in the animations.
I mean, this is De Gea after all.

Of course, you could switch to manual but why do we have to change anything all the time because KONAMI just can´t get it right?

The funny and also sad thing is, that they had it already years before.

Just checked your two vids and it´s indeed a lot better balanced and optimized in PES 6.

There is more variation in the trajectory of the ball and the keepers reaction, while in PES 2015 it´s the same situation over and over again, just like a replay.

I understand the argument, that a top scorer should make that goal with no defenders around and using his strong foot.
Also, people could say that in PES 6 Van Persie didn´t have the stats he has now, cause now he is a lot more exerienced and developed.

But I doubt that in real life, out of 21 tries he´d make that many goals and manages it that the ball goes the same way over and over again.

That happens in games as well, so it´s definitely an issue.

And yeah, the keeper just doesn´t look good as well and I believe that there has to be more variation in the animations.
I mean, this is De Gea after all.

Of course, you could switch to manual but why do we have to change anything all the time because KONAMI just can´t get it right?

The funny and also sad thing is, that they had it already years before.

Its training though he would score 100% most likely.

I played a game online with Man Utd and even though I had V.Persie and managed to pull of a few finesse shots around that area most often they got blocked or i got closed down so never got to get perfect aim or power.

So I think shooting is not so bad in game situation

well i played a couple of games online, used United and i was OUTPLAYED literally due to the button lag and due to the lack of experience, but i could okay not win but shoot and score with RVP and with Rooney with such efficiency as on the training ground, hell i even won sometimes 5-4 with controlled shots. its just...a big question mark to me. but i can see why people can enjoy it but in the same time i dont get it why no one exploit this online like the headers in FIFA 14. well maybe by now they do :) i only tried online around the release.

@chiefrocka4real
i couldnt recall it honestly how was it in the last years but havent experienced such thing from 2009-2013(havent played 2008 and 2014), so i believe is not something only PES 6 could do well but something that went wrong this year

ball physics again i believe, and thats not something they can tweak by a patch, so maybe next year

Last edited:
@chiefrocka4real
i couldnt recall it honestly how was it in the last years but havent experienced such thing from 2009-2013(havent played 2008 and 2014), so i believe is not something only PES 6 could do well but something that went wrong this year

ball physics again i believe, and thats not something they can tweak by a patch, so maybe next year

Yes, same here.
Never had a problem with shooting in those years.
In fact in 2013 I enjoyed it a lot (or was it 2012 or 2011?).

Specially with players with a high kicking power.
I was playing an ML with the standard team and had that striker Minandinho who developed a good kicking power by time and also that midfield player named Myrheim.
They had a kicking power about 85 or so and they fired up rockets, but of course never scored all the time on basic shooting.
Sometimes it went over the goal and mostly the keeper parried it.

I guess this was the last time when I really enjoyed shooting in PES as the stats felt right as well.

shooting seems fine to me only thing is if a decent or even average striker is in box a well placed finesse shot is pretty much guaranteed goal...but its not far from real life i guess? I dunno...If u can place the ball in the corner when in the box youll probably score.

So how to fix this? Make shots less likely to go in the corners i guess? So even high acc players are not always hitting the corners?

Or improve gks?

apart from that shooting seems fine to me..outside box...if a top striker is on a red then its OP but in general a top striker on green will not score every shot 25-35yrds at all..not even often..

The best way to fix it is to implement a better shooting system, one that takes into account the situation, the momentum, the player speed at the moment, the time he had to prepare the shot, his body position relative to the goal, the pressure from any nearby defender, etc... To me it looks like the game doesn´t read these details as it should, wich leads to a very simple and easy shooting system. It also leeds to little variation in scoring, and to me, its the main fun killer in this game. Everything is great on pitch but then when I score I feel nothing special. Most times I don´t even want to see the replays because the goal simply doesn´t deserve it.

Well thats not fully true pes is and has always been good at the fact you had to be positioned correctly and time your shots well or they cock up..defender pressure also makes your shots cock up or maybe i been playing a diff game last 15 years lol

Maybe you have. I think no one can deny that at least this year, shooting is overpowered. I don´t mean the game doesn´t take position into account, I mean it doesn´t take it the way it should. Also, lots of shots look awkward, unnatural. Its like the physics from the ball doesn´t correspond to the movement from the player while shooting, don´t know how to explain better.

Well thats not fully true pes is and has always been good at the fact you had to be positioned correctly and time your shots well or they cock up..defender pressure also makes your shots cock up or maybe i been playing a diff game last 15 years lol

Might be this year as well but not as much and as noticeable as it has been years before.

Very well seen by gabe´s two videos.

Exactly. Like I said before, there´s just no variation. Game is great building up but then its a bit letdown on the final third, specially the finishing. Its just too predictable.If you can replicate the same situation, the result will be the same over and over again. That didn´t use to happen in older versions.

It's too overpowered which makes a lot of shots look the same, too many just go left or right of the keeper at mid height

This means the joy that used to felt in earlier PES games at scoring isn't there

I find that having a player with poor shooting stats leads to more rewarding goals as you have to get everything right and the ball doesn't hit the back of the net as soon as its hit.

I have a CF with good dribbling and poor shooting and he is my favourite in the master league. His shots are weak, so for them to go in they have to be hit perfectly and as they travel towards the goal you do not know if they will beat the keeper

It's too overpowered which makes a lot of shots look the same, too many just go left or right of the keeper at mid height

This means the joy that used to felt in earlier PES games at scoring isn't there

I find that having a player with poor shooting stats leads to more rewarding goals as you have to get everything right and the ball doesn't hit the back of the net as soon as its hit.

I have a CF with good dribbling and poor shooting and he is my favourite in the master league. His shots are weak, so for them to go in they have to be hit perfectly and as they travel towards the goal you do not know if they will beat the keeper

yeh i was playing with average teams and enjoyed the game a lot more and still am playing with 7075 type cfs in my ML>

I think thats why im not noticing the problem..as i did feel shooting was OP before when i was playing with top teams.

So maybe it is then but with average shooters the shots are not OP IMO

Ok more of above but i played today mostly 72-80 rated mids and attackers..average say 75-78.

And shooting is not OP at all..I had 77 rated strikers in the box miss shots and finesse shots from 10 yrds etc..and im playing on SS level im a decent player...just wide etc.

Sure maybe i aimed to wide,,,,but thats good..there is no way 100% shots go in with finesse etc....

However if u have aguero, van persie, costa, rooney, suarez, ronaldo and so on then yeh i guess shooting can be OP and these shots will go in 99% of the time.

So in that way it could be OP with top players

fun fact: in the console demo(i tried PS3 ) R2 shots was pretty much balanced, you have to aim with the left stick to hit the goal, not just pull it to one side and have blast and its an instant goal like in the retail, like in may vid.

- yes i created some sort of training situations in it, with using two controllers on either sides, not playing agains the cpu
- tried the same in the retail version, the same efforts were instant goals

the demo is better in this term

fun fact: in the console demo(i tried PS3 ) R2 shots was pretty much balanced, you have to aim with the left stick to hit the goal, not just pull it to one side and have blast and its an instant goal like in the retail, like in may vid.

- yes i created some sort of training situations in it, with using two controllers on either sides, not playing agains the cpu
- tried the same in the retail version, the same efforts were instant goals the demo is better in this term

I didnt think you could adjust the game settings in the demo.

Basic shooting is basic shooting, its in the name. Its basic, its made easy and comfortable so there is no effort just press the button and shoot, its a bit like using pass assist and complaining all the passes are too accurate.

If you had to aim in the demo it sounds like you were using advanced shooting, controlled/finesse shots on advanced\manual go all over the place if you dont aim properly, then again i rarely use or play with top teams and top players which may explain a greater variation for me.

I can think of many problems with the gameplay i would like to call Konami out on basic shooting is way down on the list.
It is basic shooting, what do you expect?

Every shot is overpowered, with every player.

It's not right that I could score nearly every time with my right back, Tiendali, in Master League.

Farcical game when you've played it a while - all the exploits become apparent and there's no depth whatsoever.

shooting is hilariously scripted in PES15.. my Verratti fires rockets into the bottom corner every other shot. he's on 68 finishing, it's retarded

The best way to fix it is to implement a better shooting system, one that takes into account the situation, the momentum, the player speed at the moment, the time he had to prepare the shot, his body position relative to the goal, the pressure from any nearby defender, etc... To me it looks like the game doesn´t read these details as it should, wich leads to a very simple and easy shooting system. It also leeds to little variation in scoring, and to me, its the main fun killer in this game. Everything is great on pitch but then when I score I feel nothing special. Most times I don´t even want to see the replays because the goal simply doesn´t deserve it.

This is said perfectly my friend

Or if you know the game breaking goals you could always not use them!

I try shots from all angles and get some great hits and misses.

:CONFUSE: sorry but..

He's talking about the R2 shot which you're up in arms about. I saw your little video on YouTube with Van Persie. Would have been better if you put up a comparison vid of a player without 95 SA, 90 SP, and mid range curler - which boosts the R2 controlled shot. Those stats and abilities make him one of the top 4 finishers in the game along with Ronaldo, Ibra and Messi.

non of the players are robots in reality to put the ball in the exact same spot in the goal for 30 or more times, no PES had such flaw before. well its a flaw for me and only for a few of us as i can tell from the votes, but many people as i can tell enjoy that some players are literally Gods in this game. wich is intresting to me to be honest because meanwhile everyone is craving for reality, simulation ...also saddens me because i fear Konami wont develop shooting if the game sells like this

i really hope im wrong

Last edited:
non of the players are robots in reality to put the ball in the exact same spot in the goal for 30 or more times, no PES had such flaw before.
This is exactly correct and it shocks me how few people have noticed this. #1 issue that needs to be patched IMO, and I posted as much on yair's threads.

Over-powered shots are also an issue, but can be fixed by lowering players' shot ratings. But I have yet to find a fix for the issue where the CPU shoots in the lower corner 90% of the time. Like you said, PES has never had this issue, one wonders what/why they did to break the game like this.

probably they really started some parts of the game from ground zero, by improving ballphysics this could change drastically :) since how the ball bounces, rotates it will have more variables

Remove PA 3 and 4 from the game, at least the online. Then there'll be at least a small semblance of skill needed from the user to spam their top player and their shooting.
You want to play with konami holding your hand then don't complain when ppl rinse and repeat patterns on high assists, because it's all about the win for the majority.

Back
Top Bottom