Is Balotelli realy Italian or not?

We will never agree on this. Let's agree to disagree and respect each other as a person.
If i have offended you (which was not my intention) i apologize...

I agree with gerd in this case.

Second, the behavior part is to Italians AND immigrants like him (Barwuah), that's what I said, I never said a person with good behavior is Italian or the other way around.

Dani, maybe this is the problem. Balotelli is not an immigrant. He was born in Palermo and grew up by the first moment in an Italian family. No one minute of his life was lived in Ghana or with his genetic parents.
I agree with you when you say that he isn't a moral exemple and his behavior isn't good, but how we can say that he is Ghanese?
Maybe I have an opinion different than yours on the kids of immigrants, but, if I have to stay on your idea, this is valid for Okaka (I repeat, standing on my point of view Okaka so is Italian), not for Balotelli.

We will never agree on this. Let's agree to disagree and respect each other as a person.
If i have offended you (which was not my intention) i apologize...

No problem, and let's agree to disagree then.

Apology accepted.

I agree with gerd in this case.

Dani, maybe this is the problem. Balotelli is not an immigrant. He was born in Palermo and grew up by the first moment in an Italian family. No one minute of his life was lived in Ghana or with his genetic parents.
I agree with you when you say that he isn't a moral exemple and his behavior isn't good, but how we can say that he is Ghanese?
Maybe I have an opinion different than yours on the kids of immigrants, but, if I have to stay on your idea, this is valid for Okaka (I repeat, standing on my point of view Okaka so is Italian), not for Balotelli.

What does it matter the he was born if both parents are Ghanese!? That's my point.

Look at his past, how much Italian is it besides being born in Italian sole? None at all, you know?

And of course Okaka is not Italian (please... OKAKA!), he is Nigerian, as both this parents.

So is Camoranesi Italian? Osvaldo?

Am I not English even though I spent my entire life here because both of my parents were immigrants?

Your logic is completely flawed. I'm not even sure what conclusion you're trying to draw from all of this.

You say is "completely flawed", but I don't see any arguments, only your opinion.

So I can conclude that you think your opinion is superior to mine, since that's all you presented here to call me vision flawed.

And Camoranesi had Italian relatives who gave him the Italian citizenship, nothing to talk about him then. He is also a great man.

Osvaldo also have Italian relatives who gave him the right to Italian citizenship.

Both of them have relatives and roots in Italy, generations before them not only being dropped in a country with no Italian past of any generations.

What does it matter the he was born if both parents are Ghanese!? That's my point.

And of course Okaka is not Italian (please... OKAKA!), he is Nigerian, as both this parents.

Yes Dani, but I think that his parents are the Balotelli from Brescia, not the Barwah from Ghana. He lives with the Balotelli since he was born. In this case what's the matter for blood? Genetic? Cultural? Culturally (this is a too much great word for Balotelli :COOL: ) he's Italian and is part of the Northern World (by roots, behavior, material culture).
Anyway, man, I wish you and all the forum have and happy new year!!!

:BYE:

I quoted the wrong post, but it doesn't matter. "Sabatasso"

I don't know what your beef with Balotelli really is, because I've only half read this thread. But, consider this; Balotelli is a very visible person for good and for bad. He has done good and bad, if stupidity counts as bad, but he has also done quite a lot of good that many "normal" people wouldn't dream of. He bought a total stranger a new car for no apparent reason and virtually no gain, and he threw darts on his teammates. He's a freak of nature, and he happen to be one of few Italian blacks. Doesn't really matter if you think he's Italian or not, and if you read my previous posts you can see that I agree with you at least to some degree. But the fact is that he IS Italian by law, he plays football for the Italian national team, he helped you reach the final in the Euros and he is occasionally a pretty decent guy. What I mean, basically, is that on his worst he is worse than "normal", and on his best he is better than "normal".

How many people do you know, and generally like that has their fair share of flaws? (everybody....) I know I am "flawed" as I am human, which is almost synonymous with being a hypocrite (occasionally at least in general), using generalization way too much (but education has made me aware of it), being overly sensitive in certain subjects, hating one thing and loving another similar thing ("hypocritism" again) etc.

Nobody's perfect, and we share the same, more and more globalized, world and why not try to see to positives instead of the negatives? I'm NOT pointing a finger here, as I share the same "flaws" that I am insinuating that you have, in fact we all do in one way or another, but PLEASE consider that it doesn't hurt to put bias aside every once in a while. (omg what a poorly written sentence... but you get it).

I hate America, but I love Americans... I really mean that, chew on that for a while.

Happy new years! :PIG:

PS. "in general" means that I know there's always an exception but those are "exceptional"...

Last edited:
I think that his parents are the Balotelli from Brescia, not the Barwah from Ghana. He lives with the Balotelli since he was born. In this case what's the matter for blood? Genetic? Cultural?

Please, don't get me wrong, I agree that fathers should be the ones who raised him. But didn't he live three years with his genetic parents? (At least wikipedia says so, but as we all know, it's not a sure thing if it's on Wikipedia :P) If he did, then it makes sense that Dani doesn't consider him an Italian, according to his point of view. If Wikipedia's info is wrong, then, assuming that the Ballotellis are an Italian family with Italian roots, he is Italian.

We can take this to different points of view (logical, philosophical, legal, etcetera) and disagree without deciding which ones are we going to take for this discussion, but this would be a waste of time.

My opinion is that Mario is Italian, because my meaning of nationality is way more flexible than the one which is discussed over here. IMO you choose your nationality. For example, If I were legally Uruguayan, I would probably still feel an Argentinian, unless
something makes me feel more identified with Uruguay than with Argentina. In that case, I would consider myself Uruguayan.

PS: Sorry for my english.

Opinion respectfully said, and understanding that this is pure opinion/view matter.

That's how this thread and life matters should be discussed.

PS: Your English is always fine man ;)

First of all, it is important to remind that it is not ours to decide if someone is italian (in this case) so in this point of view Balotelli definitely is italian.

Nevertheless, what Daniel says isn't wrong, because as it was said before, the meaning of a nationality is being lost in the globalized world. And this meaning is and will stay family, roots and common culture.
I do think that, at the opposite of other cases, Balotelli's is very special, coz he was adopted. His adoptive parents have been given the charge of him as a child, because they wanted to adopt (for any reason) and even if Balotelli stayed in Ghana some time, he was raised in Italy, in a family who has this italian "blood" (blood standing for culture, roots, ...).
Balotelli did not choose to come to italy, he did not imigrate to try to get a better life, he was adopted, and therefore been given the nationality, by parents who wanted to give their love to a child they could not have. It does not change anything whether he was born in Ghana, he was loved, raised and educated as any boy born in Italy, in a family of italian "blood". That's what, in my opinion (even if i understand other's opinion) he is as italian as any italian-born kid.

And about the form, asking for respect and careful choice of words (especially in this very slippy matter) is far from censorship, it even is the way to keep the debate meaningful and interesting

Last edited:
Balotelli's is very special, coz he was adopted. His adoptive parents have been given the charge of him as a child, because they wanted to adopt...

"Balotelli had to wait until his 18th birthday to request Italian citizenship, as the Balotellis had not adopted him. Balotelli officially gained citizenship in Concesio on 13 August 2008.[13]

After the ceremony he released the following statement:“ I am Italian, I feel Italian, I will forever play with the Italian National Team.

Mario Balotelli[14]"

Wikipedia

If he has Italian citizenship and nationality, adopted the Italian culture, speaks Italian, does a bunch of other Italian stuff and considers himself an Italian citizen and national with pride, well, I guess he is pretty much an Italian, and there's no way to deny it. Much the same that I'm of partial Spanish/Andalusian descent but I always consider myself Portuguese, since I was born here, speak Portuguese as my mother tongue, adopted the Portuguese culture, etc. Much the same way that I have a black friend whose family originates from Guinea-Bissau, but he declares himself a Portuguese-man, sings the anthem, knows the Portuguese history better than several "ethnic" Portuguese people that I know. Maybe the only thing that he's form the typical Portuguese, besides his race, is his religion (He's a Muslim, while most of the Portuguese population is Christian Catholic. But well, I'm an atheist, so I screw on that, since I'm no different in that regard.).

Childish attitudes that come from a mindfucked troubled childhood do not state what is your nationality. Pride on being a national from a certain country does. And me and all of my friends (regardless of their origin) are damn well proud on being Portuguese, much like Mario is proud on being an Italian. For me, thats what it counts.

Last edited:
Lo zio would have a field day with this thread. :D

Balotelli is an idiot for sure but definitely more Italian than Ghananian.

Conservative? You ought disagree with them but surley you cannot think all are racist or fundamentalist? Seems very hypocritical to me

Conservative? You ought disagree with them but surley you cannot think all are racist or fundamentalist? Seems very hypocritical to me

man, what the hell are you trying to do??
Learn to read, I didn´t say right wing conservatives are racists!!
do you understand the purpose of a "," comma?
jeez!!

Last edited:
daniel talking about saint people of italy and theyr GREAT culture

Pathetic man, really.

You clearly don't wanna be part of this conversation, you just wanna understand what it's said your way and post provocations like these. Grow up.

And about the video, the guys are idiots, and idiots exist in all the world, including your Albania.

Balotelli is Italian, I cannot see why it's really being debated - legally he is totally Italian. All this talk about "blood" is a bit ominous. Nationality is a complex issue, but I cannot see how Balotelli is anything other than Italian. If we go down the curious approach of the Juventus fan here, well then do we say that Thaigo Motta is Brazilian? Montolivo is German? Pietro Vierchowod is Ukrainian? What about Giuseppe Rossi.

Rossi is much more complex then balotelli , raised in New Jersey and he still lives there!!! Mom sister live there, I think his dad is even buried in New Jersey. He even still professes love for America, for crying out loud hr has lived more in England and Spain then Italy...

the real question that should be asked is : IS BALOTELLI A GREAT FOOTBALLER SO HE CAN BE A PLAYER FOR INTER, MAN CITY AND LINKED TO OTHER BIG TEAMS SUCH AS MILAN ?

I really don't understand what they see in him so they spend money on him and put him in the starting 11 instead of Dzeko?
Balotelli is a striker, so how many goals did he score ?
why City spent 22 million pounds on him?
why is he called for Italian NT ? (I speak football-y not anything else)

I don't see in him that contribution for his team, and I think he's only a joke .. he just make bullshit ..
he's doing everything but playing football ..

if I was a coach, I never imagine him in my team ..

but, yes he's Italian ..

Last edited:
Ridiculous is to ridicule others opinions with no arguments like you did, by that you just stated that you think you are better then anyone here.

Why are you even in a forum? You're clearly not ready to talk to other people.

(Inter fan, not surprising.)

Back
Top Bottom