iPod Car Radio

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
I'm looking to get a new car radio as I do a lot of driving, and having loads of CDs just isn't practical these days. I'm looking for a radio that also has iPod connectivity. An AUX input would do, obviously, but I've seen these new ones lately that are specifically designed for iPods and connect via direct USB cable, enabling the iPod to be controlled via the car stereo controls. Also, I will be connecting my iPhone 4 so will they also work with the iPhone?

Does anyone have one already? Can anyone recommend any good ones? Are they particularly hard to fit? I have a standard Peugeot 308 SW radio at the moment so I'm presuming I'll also need some sort of spacer unit to make it fit properly?

Any help much appreciated :)). Cheers.

I just told my old dear to pick me up a Belkin radio tuner thingy from Apple store. If it works then great. If not, got gift receipt and was promised a refund was possible so no biggy.

I was thinking of new radio but hopefully getting new car at some point next year so will just get one with ipod connectivity so pointless getting a new radio now.

Don't like those tuner thing the sound isn't great plus I ripped my aerial of so it wont work.
x2

That's the one my mate has for his Peugeot, does exactly what it's supposed to. :TU:
Excellent. I ordered that last night, got it for £82 from a different site. Also ordered a complete Peugeot aftermarket head unit fitting kit from Nexxia, and the DIN removal tool. Wonder if they'll arrive before christmas...

I plumbed for a jvc 811 model for 130 - has bluetooth for 2 phones -
very good so far -

Tim - can you send me a link for JB iphone 4's please? just got my upgrade :)

Been delayed as it's coming from Belgium and they had loads of snow over Xmas eve and day so no flights in or out of the country! Just checked the tracking status and apparently it's out with the driver in England today for delivery.

When it turns up I will have to try and fit it without breaking anything as it's a lease car :LOL:.

I got one today and it's really weird to wire up the bloke in the shop told me I have have to connect a wire to the ignition or something? I just said oh right cheers mate but I don't have a fucking clue what he's talking about.

I got one today and it's really weird to wire up the bloke in the shop told me I have have to connect a wire to the ignition or something? I just said oh right cheers mate but I don't have a fucking clue what he's talking about.

If you don't connect it to the ignition then it will run down your car battery when you are not driving it.

That happened to my last stereo. But my dad is an electrician and he fitted a switch on my dashboard, so I can turn it on and off manually without the ignition.

But if you don't connect it to the ignition usually, then it keeps using power and if you don't use your car for a bit it can run down your battery.

Yeah I've been doing it since my last message and it was a real pain in the anus. I had to remove the underside steering column cover and wire some shit up inside that, getting it back on was the hardest part.

Mine's all sorted now! My missus brother is pretty good with cars and he looked at it this morning and we added a wire from the quadlock to the new iso connected that is on the ignition. So the radio now turns on and off normally with the ignition :)).

Really impressed with it! Sound quality is amazing, does the job perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom