Technical Data (Resolution/Framerate): tba
Distribution Format: Download, BD
Size: tba
Compatible Systems: PC, PlayStation, Xbox
Price: 59,99 rsvp
Release Date: Feb. 10th, 2023
Trailer: click here

Last edited:
I have absolutely no clue about the Harry Potter world, never read or watched any books and films, but I think I'll buy it today. Game looks fun.

I'll buy it when it's on sale
I was thinking to do the same but the game is selling well. Can't see a sale happening in spring. Probably in the summer so I pulled the trigger already even though I'm still playing Midnight Suns and Lost Judgement. I guess the children will finish that one before me.

I was thinking to do the same but the game is selling well. Can't see a sale happening in spring. Probably in the summer so I pulled the trigger already even though I'm still playing Midnight Suns and Lost Judgement. I guess the children will finish that one before me.
Yeah… those 20 bucks saved ain’t worth it for me to wait. Been waiting for this way too long already. 😊

I can wait for another year, lol

Yeah… those 20 bucks saved ain’t worth it for me to wait. Been waiting for this way too long already. 😊
You're probably a fan of the books etc? Hope the game is good because I've already pulled the trigger and bought it (the deluxe one). I didn't even know until today there was such controversy regarding the game and some statements from the author of Harry Potter. Ridiculous things. This world and people have gone crazy which is really sad.

You're probably a fan of the books etc? Hope the game is good because I've already pulled the trigger and bought it (the deluxe one). I didn't even know until today there was such controversy regarding the game and some statements from the author of Harry Potter. Ridiculous things. This world and people have gone crazy which is really sad.
Nope. Just the movies.
How can I describe it…?! I just like the universe. Wizards and such… 🤷‍♂️
I don’t know much about the universe, just basics.
With my flourishing imagination I’m sure I can have a lot of fun.

edit: my disc has just been shipped. Should arrive Thursday.

Nope. Just the movies.
How can I describe it…?! I just like the universe. Wizards and such… 🤷‍♂️
I don’t know much about the universe, just basics.
With my flourishing imagination I’m sure I can have a lot of fun.

edit: my disc has just been shipped. Should arrive Thursday.
Oh you got the physical one. I bought it through Steam so it unlocks 6pm UK time.

I didn't even know until today there was such controversy regarding the game and some statements from the author of Harry Potter. Ridiculous things.
Yeah it is ridiculous. It will be fun to watch the game doing really well despite this crusade against it.
For a lot of people its a game they were waiting for. For others - its something fresh. So it will do well.

Personally I dont care much about it. Will play it at some stage, coz I like open world fantasy games. But im in no rush.

Will just grab popcorn and watch Twitter raging.

It's tricky to discuss the political side of this, I can understand both sides. All I know is, if I worked on this game for years of my life, to keep it true to the original material - which millions of people love, whose childhoods were shaped by this stuff - to give joy to those fans... I'd be pretty upset that there were people telling people not to buy my work.

But we should probably keep this thread away from that whole side of things, because political talk is banned here, and what we're talking about here is broadly a political issue.

Reviews seem to be pretty polarising - some say it's buggy and that it doesn't feel like a populated world, with nothing to do between tasks (which makes it boring to play)... Others are saying they're ten hours in and have barely scratched the surface.

Finding it hard to figure out what the real story is, so I'm interested to hear some opinions.

I remember the last time I bought a physical copy of a game

giphy.gif

I suspect I will check this out next Christmas at the earliest. It has a Christmassy mood for me, as do the HP movies.

It's tricky to discuss the political side of this, I can understand both sides. All I know is, if I worked on this game for years of my life, to keep it true to the original material - which millions of people love, whose childhoods were shaped by this stuff - to give joy to those fans... I'd be pretty upset that there were people telling people not to buy my work.

But we should probably keep this thread away from that whole side of things, because political talk is banned here, and what we're talking about here is broadly a political issue.

Reviews seem to be pretty polarising - some say it's buggy and that it doesn't feel like a populated world, with nothing to do between tasks (which makes it boring to play)... Others are saying they're ten hours in and have barely scratched the surface.

Finding it hard to figure out what the real story is, so I'm interested to hear some opinions.
You're right. As I said I didn't even know about the politics behind the game until today. Also I don't even care about them. One of my children started playing it now on PC. I'll report back later about performance, gameplay etc. So far it looks to work great on ultra settings 1080p. Still early though.

Unfortunately I had to settle on high and a few ultra settings on a RTX3060, 1080p, RT off, DLSS quality to maintain 60fps in certain areas especially inside the castle. Game needs some performance patches for sure. It's alright though, I'm an old pc gamer and I don't complain about graphics.

Unfortunately I had to settle on high and a few ultra settings on a RTX3060, 1080p, RT off, DLSS quality to maintain 60fps in certain areas especially inside the castle. Game needs some performance patches for sure. It's alright though, I'm an old pc gamer and I don't complain about graphics.
There are going to fix several known graphical glitches on PC soon and I think they will work on performance as well.

It looks so good and its working really nice on XSS in Quality mode (not 60FPS but still playable really).

Love the controlls and the game for now. Seems that it will be a real refreshment.

6589e60d-f05a-411f-9289-0b31fdbe6a4c.png

The sad state of journalism. I'm speechless:
https://www.wired.com/review/hogwarts-legacy-review/

If you don't want to give them any clicks they rated the game 1/10.

P. S. As Chris said, please don't derail the topic with political discussions. I'm just pointing out this review and we all agree that is very disappointing to see these things happening in a hobby like videogaming. Especially the older ones like me and many others here at EvoWeb.

Last edited:
Anyone else having this issue: everything was fine on medium settings but once I got into Hogwarts, all characters seem to be low poly

Only changing settings to ultra changes this but it requires too much from my PC,

I currently have Nvida GTX 1050 graphics card
Hope someone can help?

Cheers

The sad state of journalism. I'm speechless:
https://www.wired.com/review/hogwarts-legacy-review/

If you don't want to give them any clicks they rated the game 1/10.

P. S. As Chris said, please don't derail the topic with political discussions. I'm just pointing out this review and we all agree that is very disappointing to see these things happening in a hobby like videogaming. Especially the older ones like me and many others here at EvoWeb.

A few posts have been deleted just now, so a quick warning... Off-topic and non-game-related posts will be deleted. Let's keep it to the game only, folks.

I still find it amazing you get a physical copy of a game then still have to download a MASSIVE update.

Will be getting this for PC at some point, going to wait until the price drops though.
What massive Update?! There isn’t anything out yet. The day one patch will be only 2GB.
AFAIK, Console and PC games are both roughly about 80-85GB in size.

Last edited:
What massive Update?! There isn’t anything out yet. The day one patch will be only 2GB.
AFAIK, Console and PC games are both roughly about 80-85GB in size.
There wasn't a big day one patch afaik. Just a 295mb update.

There wasn't a big day one patch afaik. Just a 295mb update.
On PC, afaik, and was expanded to some larger size file. 🤷‍♂️

nothing out in PS5. Tuesday release I heard.

The balanced Mode is working for me now on PS5; had to disable game mode (wich also disables VRR) though. That’s weird, haven’t played without game mode on my Samsung tv for ages.

Back
Top Bottom