Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero series - X360 news inside!

£65 thats not too bad considering most normal games are 50 quid

Re: Guitar Hero series - X360 news inside!

Are you being serious? Normal games yes, but I don't really consider GH to warrant a £65 price tag, especially seeing as the PS2 version is loads cheaper

Re: Guitar Hero 2 (Xbox 360)

They said it wud be wireless and the RRp is 64.99 rock on for 10 new songs lol

For those who are interested, GAMEPLAY are now pushing this on their main page.

The link to the pre-order is here - GUITAR HERO 2 FOR XBOX 360 - and it's £64.99.

The guitar appears to be wired - but the wire could be a power wire, I suppose...

Nope it's the full wired thing, the Guitar is not wireless like the MS pad.

does anyone know if the US or Pal game is region free and works on Asian/Japanese Machine.

don't think Guitar Hero will be released in Asia so hopefully it will be region free.

does anyone know if the US or Pal game is region free and works on Asian/Japanese Machine.

don't think Guitar Hero will be released in Asia so hopefully it will be region free.

Well the US scene release is reported as region free so i would say the retail will also..

The game will be out in most shops tomorrow because of Good Friday.:)

I don't think there's any post on Friday/Saturday/Monday either so people's online orders might not arrive before Tuesday next week.:shock:

The game will be out in most shops tomorrow because of Good Friday.:)

I don't think there's any post on Friday/Saturday/Monday either so people's online orders might not arrive before Tuesday next week.:shock:

There is a post Saturday. i should know being a postman..

mine arrived! Its magic!

So much fun, literally lost all concept of time just playing away on this. Superb stuff.

EDIT - Was playing monkey wrench by the foo fighters and think i may have ruptured something in my mind. Hell this is soooo gooood. Well done microsoft in getting this on 360:applause:

Last edited:

Bad person Jay, you shouldnt support those prices. Buying the songs from marketplace is more expensive than buying a cd with the same songs on! Talk about ripping people off :(

Great game by the way :)

Guitar Hero 3 Xbox 360, PS3

Fuck me it has the Stone Roses.

stone_roses_gh3.jpg

Activision revealed just one new track for its upcoming Guitar Hero sequel but it's a big one. The Stone Roses' "She Bangs The Drums" from their 1989 self-titled smash will be featured (sadly as a cover) on Guitar Hero III's already kick-ass line up. Shown exclusively at the Edinburgh Interactive Festival, the Stone Roses jam adds some pleasantly moody Manchester-rock to the hard rock heavy tracklist.

While The Stone Roses may not be for everyone—there are those simply genetically incapable of decent taste—I think we can all agree on one thing, better them than more My Chemical Romance. Press release, with currently revealed setlist, right after the jump.

Activision Unveils New Guitar HeroTM III: Legends of Rock Track Exclusively At Edinburgh Interactive Festival

Track from Album Voted By the NME as "Greatest British Album of All Time" To Appear In Guitar Hero Sequel

Tuesday 14th August/...Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) premiered a new track from Guitar Hero III™: Legends of Rock game during its exclusive hour-long screening at Edinburgh Interactive Festival today.

"She Bangs the Drums," as made legendary by The Stone Roses, was played for the very first time, underscoring the company's promise that the track list for the next instalment in the Guitar Hero franchise will draw inspiration from all eras and genres of guitar music, ensuring a soundtrack with truly global appeal.

"She Bangs the Drums" is one of the Stone Roses' best-loved songs, hailing from an album consistently voted the very best British album ever. Its inclusion in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock will appeal to fans of the classic late-80s music scene, lovers of sublime guitar rhythms and riffs, as well as the indie-shoegazers.

The Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock screening took place at 1:00 pm today, as part of the Festival's public day at the Odeon, Lothian Road, Edinburgh.

Along with the announcement of this classic British track, the screening provided the first opportunity for members of the public this side of the Atlantic to witness first hand the new boss battles and multiplayer game modes. The new Guitar Hero controllers were also premiered.

"The Edinburgh Interactive Festival is all about the culture of gaming," states Zach Fountain, General Manager, RedOctane Europe. "The Guitar Hero franchise has already established itself as part of mainstream pop culture, so it was a perfect place to unveil one of our UK-originated songs. The Guitar Hero road show moves from here to Leipzig, where we'll be announcing a whole new stack of European songs for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock."

For full details of the festival programme and events, along with details about registration and how to book, visit the Edinburgh Interactive Festival website at www.edinburghinteractivefestival.co.uk

Songs announced for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock so far include:

Slash's Original Boss Battle Recording
Welcome to The Jungle (by Guns N' Roses)
One (by Metallica)
Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
The Metal (by Tenacious D)
My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
Even Flow (by Pearl Jam)
Lay Down (by Priestess)
Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
Miss Murder (by AFI)
Through Fire and Flames (by Dragonforce)
Number of the Beast (by Iron Maiden)
3's and 7's (by Queens of the Stone Age)
Suck My Kiss (by Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Raining Blood (by Slayer)
Reptillia (by The Strokes)
Paranoid (as made famous by Black Sabbath)
Cities on Flame (as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult)
Mississippi Queen (as made famous by Mountain)
La Grange (as made famous by ZZ Top)
Rock and Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
Rock You Like a Hurricane (as made famous by Scorpions)
Slow Ride (as made famous by Foghat)
Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, published by RedOctane® and developed by Neversoft, is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available this October. For more information about the Guitar Hero franchise, please visit the dedicated community site: www.guitarhero.com.

Back
Top Bottom