Guitar Hero Thread

I got the game today, and I'm very happy so far! What I love about GH is that there are many songs I never heard of, and I always grow to love them. There are also some great songs on there such as 'Under Pressure', 'Brianstorm', 'A-Punk', 'In my Place', 'Plug in Baby' and much more. The graphics have IMPROVED loads! I'm shocked and how smooth the graphics are on this. Furthermore, another feature I love is the fact that you can use your XBOX AVATAR as a rocker and it looks great!

The band play is also immense now, this game has surprised me. It went from a 'meh' to a really good game which I'm enjoying.

Activision has completed the Guitar Hero 5 track list and named the final 15 songs.

Among them are videogame debuts for Dire Straits with "Sultans of Swing" and Arctic Monkeys with "Brianstorm". The final tally now sits at 85, all of which will be available to play from the start, remember.

Guitar Hero 5 is due out this September on PS2, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.

The 15 new songs are followed by the full, confirmed tracklist below.

3 Doors Down - "Kryptonite"
Arctic Monkeys - "Brianstorm"
Blink-182 - "The Rock Show"
Dire Straits - "Sultans Of Swing"
Jimmy Eat World - "Bleed American"
Johnny Cash - "Ring Of Fire"
Megadeth - "Sweating Bullets"
Mötley Crüe - "Looks That Kill"
Muse - "Plug In Baby"
Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
Queen & David Bowie - "Under Pressure"
Stevie Wonder - "Superstition"
The Killers - "All The Pretty Faces"
The Raconteurs - "Steady As She Goes"
TV On The Radio - "Wolf Like Me"
The rest:

A Perfect Circle - "Judith"
AFI - "Medicate"
Attack! Attack! UK - "You And Me"
Band Of Horses - "Cigarettes, Wedding Bands"
Beastie Boys - "Gratitude"
Beck - "Gamma Ray"
Billy Idol - "Dancing With Myself"
Billy Squier - "Lonely Is The Night"
Blur - "Song 2"
Bob Dylan - "All Along The Watchtower"
Bon Jovi - "You Give Love A Bad Name"
Brand New - "Sowing Season (Yeah)"
The Bronx - "Six Days A Week"
Bush - "Comedown"
Children Of Bodom - "Done With Everything, Die For Nothing"
Coldplay - "In My Place"
Darker My Love - "Blue Day"
Darkest Hour - "Demon(s)"
David Bowie - "Fame"
Deep Purple - "Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix)"
The Derek Trucks Band - "Younk Funk"
The Duke Spirit - "Send A Little Love Token"
Duran Duran - "Hungry Like The Wolf"
Eagles Of Death Metal - "Wannabe In L.A."
Elliott Smith - "L.A."
Elton John - "Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)"
Face To Face - "Disconnected"
Garbage - "Only Happy When It Rains"
Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
Gov't Mule - "Streamline Woman"
Grand Funk Railroad - "We're An American Band"
Iggy Pop - "Lust For Life (Live)"
Iron Maiden - "2 Minutes To Midnight"
Jeff Beck - "Scatterbrain (Live)"
John Mellencamp - "Hurts So Good"
Kaiser Chiefs - "Never Miss A Beat"
King Crimson - "21st Century Schizoid Man"
Kings Of Leon - "Sex On Fire"
Kiss - "Shout It Out Loud"
Love and Rockets - "Mirror People"
My Morning Jacket - "One Big Holiday"
Nirvana - "Lithium (Live)"
No Doubt - "Ex-Girlfriend"
Peter Frampton - "Do You Feel Like We Do? (Live)"
The Police - "So Lonely"
Public Enemy Featuring Zakk Wylde - "Bring the Noise 20XX"
Queens Of The Stone Age - "Make It Wit Chu"
Rammstein - "Du Hast"
The Rolling Stones - "Sympathy For The Devil"
Rose Hill Drive - "Sneak Out"
Rush - "The Spirit Of Radio (Live)"
Santana - "No One To Depend On (Live)"
Scars On Broadway - "They Say"
Screaming Trees - "Nearly Lost You"
Smashing Pumpkins - "Bullet With Butterfly Wings"
Sonic Youth - "Incinerate"
Spacehog - "In The Meantime"
Sublime - "What I Got"
Sunny Day Real Estate - "Seven"
T. Rex - "20th Century Boy"
The Sword - "Maiden, Mother & Crone"
Thin Lizzy - "Jailbreak"
Thrice - "Deadbolt"
Tom Petty - "Runnin' Down A Dream"
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - "American Girl"
Vampire Weekend - "A-Punk"
Weezer - "Why Bother?"
The White Stripes - "Blue Orchid"
Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music"
Wolfmother - "Back Round"

Still no Phil Collins, forget this. :SHAKE:

I got the game today, and I'm very happy so far! What I love about GH is that there are many songs I never heard of, and I always grow to love them. There are also some great songs on there such as 'Under Pressure', 'Brianstorm', 'A-Punk', 'In my Place', 'Plug in Baby' and much more. The graphics have IMPROVED loads! I'm shocked and how smooth the graphics are on this. Furthermore, another feature I love is the fact that you can use your XBOX AVATAR as a rocker and it looks great!

The band play is also immense now, this game has surprised me. It went from a 'meh' to a really good game which I'm enjoying.

Played it for a bit today, don't you think the graphics look like they are in slow motion Matt?

Look's pretty good though so far, I'm liking the party mode.

So a few hours after Beatles Rock Band, we'll get GH5!

Played this a bit on Wii so far and really underwhelmed, but think its more to do with the kit I've got for the Wii (RB1) and the graphics that are generally awful for Gh5 on the Wii.

Sultans of Swing is superb though and looking forward to playing it properly later today when my PS3 version arrives. Brianstorm is as difficult as you'd imagine and thats gonna take plenty of practice.

Oddly though, the song I've enjoyed the most so far is Smells Like Teen Spirit! Should be an anthem to a grunge kid like me being a teen in the early 90s, but having played it to death in those years, I usually skip it every time it comes up on iTunes now.

But something about it just clicked when I did guitar/singing, so looking forward to trying that too.

Some other good songs, but generally its a pretty poor collection of songs...

Kurt Cobain's widow Courtney Love is furious at Activision about her dead husband's appearance in Guitar Hero 5, and is threatening to "sue the s***" out of the publisher.

On her Twitter, watched by Perez Hilton, she wrote: "For the record, this Guitar Hero s*** is breach of contract on a bully's part and there will be a proper addressing of this and retraction."

"We are going to sue the s*** out of Activision. We being the Trust, the Estate, the LLC, the various LLCs Cobain Enterprises."

It allegedly took three years of negotiations to secure Cobain as a playable character in Guitar Hero 5 - a move that Courtney Love approved and even helped integrate into the game.

There has been controversy over his inclusion, however, after it was discovered his Avatar could be used to perform any song - not just Nirvana's - once unlocked.

Guitar Hero 5 is due out here tomorrow on PS3, PS2, Wii and Xbox 360.

I think the track list is brilliant, there are so many songs I've never heard of and I've added to my itunes!

Funny you should say that because its boring me to fucking death. Oh and when they put a rolling stones song in at least use one with guitars, I don't want to play the fucking piano.

I'm with you Jay - bar a few really good ones, 90% of the track list is awful - and Sympathy for the Devil?! Jesus... of all the Stones songs to pick, one thats awful to sing and guitar.

Dont care anyway, ShopTo have let me down for the first time. Post just been, no GH5. Will be claiming my £3 back.

Finally turned up today.

Done the GHWT and DLC import - for some reason the GHGH unlock isnt in the store yet (and the ingame store says 'Store is Down, try later').

Graphics are so much better than on the Wii version I played in the week. Even though it kinda looks the same, I'd say the Wii looks like the PS2 GH1.

With the new graphics and effects on the PS3 - and camera angles, its much more immersive. Only did one song though, Sultans on vocals (18th on Hard Leaderboard, thank you very much!).

Missus is out tonight so gonna crack through this and some Beatles.

Managed to have a proper session last night and today, really enjoyable! The new visuals of the note highway are much better - I know its a small touch, but I love the new shiny look to the notes and the fact the fret-board hasnt got any graphics on it.

Very enjoyable experience and playing Sultans on Hard drums is a fantastic feeling. Also managed to get through Brianstorm on Hard drums quite well :D

Managed to have a proper session last night and today, really enjoyable! The new visuals of the note highway are much better - I know its a small touch, but I love the new shiny look to the notes and the fact the fret-board hasnt got any graphics on it.

Very enjoyable experience and playing Sultans on Hard drums is a fantastic feeling. Also managed to get through Brianstorm on Hard drums quite well :D

Brianstorm is a pain! I hate playing songs with repetitive notes.

There is something seriously wrong with GH5. It wont calibrate properly at all to my TV - I have to play everything very..........slow........to.........get.......it.....on.......time even on expert drums.

A quick look online showed that people are having massive calibration issues worldwide. Im now tossing up between returning it, or waiting for a patch, although Neversoft havent released any official word on it.

I've gone from someone who can 98% Everlong on expert drums in RB, to failing some of the easiest songs in the game on GH5, with the same calibration settings I used in GHWT and RB.

Fucked.

There is something seriously wrong with GH5. It wont calibrate properly at all to my TV - I have to play everything very..........slow........to.........get.......it.....on.......time even on expert drums.

A quick look online showed that people are having massive calibration issues worldwide. Im now tossing up between returning it, or waiting for a patch, although Neversoft havent released any official word on it.

I've gone from someone who can 98% Everlong on expert drums in RB, to failing some of the easiest songs in the game on GH5, with the same calibration settings I used in GHWT and RB.

Fucked.

I noticed that, It's a bit odd.

Strange, I've been on the 360 for the last week on Guitar Hero and haven't noticed any issues. I'm sure they will address the issue soon though.

Anyway, Rolling Stones DLC out this month sometime (will find a link with details.

Not got any probs this end (PS3 through a normal monitor and no home cinema), but my Wii (HDTV, Home cinema) has a definite lag and makes me fail out Sultans before the end of the intro.

Lag only occurs on digital tellys - CRT's and smaller monitors have negligible response time delay.

The delay is mainly from the processing that takes place in the computer in the digital TV - Crt's dont have this problem so they are perfectly lag free because the image is just blown up through the tube at the speed of light.

Alot of the best music gamers use little CRT's for this very reason.

If i only used my 360 for music games I'd do that, but playing FIFA on a 60cm CRT is laughable haha

Lag only occurs on digital tellys - CRT's and smaller monitors have negligible response time delay.

The delay is mainly from the processing that takes place in the computer in the digital TV - Crt's dont have this problem so they are perfectly lag free because the image is just blown up through the tube at the speed of light.

Alot of the best music gamers use little CRT's for this very reason.

If i only used my 360 for music games I'd do that, but playing FIFA on a 60cm CRT is laughable haha

Science lesson 101! :LOL:

Finally got the GH:WT drums and not impressed overly. While being better built than the RB drums, the sensitivity is just utter shite, with the yellow pad being completely hit and miss mainly. It feels like I can tap a pad and it'll respond, then do the same tap and it wont pick it up.

An example being that I've just tried to select an option, it took three hits of the green pad (at the same strength) to register a hit. I went into practice mode and just kept hitting the yellow pad. I'd say it was missing at least one out of every ten hits. Needless to say that's not really good enough and can easily fuck up a song. Not sure I'll be keeping these much longer.

Can't say I'm too impressed and if it wasn't for the GH bass peddle, I'd be getting the RB drums back I think :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got the GH:WT drums and not impressed overly. While being better built than the RB drums, the sensitivity is just utter shite, with the yellow pad being completely hit and miss mainly. It feels like I can tap a pad and it'll respond, then do the same tap and it wont pick it up.

An example being that I've just tried to select an option, it took three hits of the green pad (at the same strength) to register a hit. I went into practice mode and just kept hitting the yellow pad. I'd say it was missing at least one out of every ten hits. Needless to say that's not really good enough and can easily fuck up a song. Not sure I'll be keeping these much longer.

Can't say I'm too impressed and if it wasn't for the GH bass peddle, I'd be getting the RB drums back I think :(

Really liked the GHWT drums to be fair, never had a problem with them and the fact the cymbals were solid (and separate pads) was great.

The RB drums are good too, but only having 4 pads is let down (as is hitting the plastic rim, another plus for the GHWT kit) - I also got the cymbals for RB which I gave up with. They are pretty good and also responsive, but they are made of hard plastic, so really 'clack' when you hit them, which is really off-putting and add the fact they arent separate pads, makes it a bit pointless.

I think there is a dongle for the GHWT drums if I remember, so you can adjust the sensitivity by hooking them up to your PC and downloading some software from Red Octane...

Yep, but you need a midi -> USB cable to do it, making the drums a bit useless until I get that.

Back
Top Bottom