Grand Theft Auto VI [Coming 2025] News & Discussion

They haven't got anywhere near the current systems capabilities. Why would they develop new ones?
Most games are still cross gens.

From what I have read it looks like it is almost certain that we will be getting a PS5 Pro next year and some less certain mutterings of an enhanced Xbox as well.

They will make it a decent game, as it will probably be on the PS5, PS6 & PS7, then whatever the equivalent Xbox is. I had GTA V for Xbox, never bothered getting it for PS4/PS5. Looks good, but I've no interest in the series anymore

They haven't got anywhere near the current systems capabilities. Why would they develop new ones?
Most games are still cross gens.

I don't agree with that - Especially from a graphics perspective.
I think the PS5 has pretty much already hit it's limits.
Games are still not native 4k with majority of games being 30FPS with dynamic resolutions.
The problem is people don't want to pay £1000 for a gaming console which would remove these restrictions.

In the digital foundry video they stated that the game is running @30FPS with the resolution mainly running @1440 with some scenes dropping lower than this.

I do think a PS5 Pro will be launched before or around the same time as GTA 6.

I don't think it will really matter as the game will be hashed out on many generations to come for the next 10 years - Wouldn't even surprise me if they release a new patched version of GTA V for PS6.

Last edited:
Ain’t there already new systems on the horizon? What about PS6? Or a 5 Pro version?
Apparently from the guy who leaked the PS5 Slim with removable BD player and Portal the PS5 Pro coming late 2024.
From Phil Spencer no Xbox midgen on this generation.

I don't agree with that - Especially from a graphics perspective.
I think the PS5 has pretty much already hit it's limits.
Games are still not native 4k with majority of games being 30FPS with dynamic resolutions.
The problem is people don't want to pay £1000 for a gaming console which would remove these restrictions.

In the digital foundry video they stated that the game is running @30FPS with the resolution mainly running @1440 with some scenes dropping lower than this.

I do think a PS5 Pro will be launched before or around the same time as GTA 6.

I don't think it will really matter as the game will be hashed out on many generations to come for the next 10 years - Wouldn't even surprise me if they release a new patched version of GTA V for PS6.
MS and Sony don't want to release a state of the art £1000 or more console. They just want to milk every gen. People buy gaming laptops at £1500-£2000, I bought one for my sons. If there was a console at the same price with equivalent or better specs I could possibly purchase it instead. For 2 years a lot of people were buying P5s for £700+. Then they were buying a PS VR with limited support from games for £550.
It's all about marketing, profit and intentionally limiting tech capabilities for these big corporations.

Now that I’ve dipped my toes into PC waters for some time… having sold my PS5 last summer, I was just curious.
I’m “on the side” of @bsmaff‘s latest comment a bit.

(sadly?!) I could not enjoy this at 30fps anymore… 2k/60 and upwards I’d prefer.

there sure are future updates coming for this title, that unleash a better performance as soon as new consoles arrive…

Marketing is marketing!

Buy GTA6 and play at ps5 with 30fps
Buy GTA6 and play at ps5 pro with 60fps
Buy GTA6 and play at ps6 with 120fps
Buy GTA6 and play at pc with 240 fps native!

Back
Top Bottom