Gran Turismo 7 [PS5]

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
I can't believe there isn't already a thread for this!

Just watched their AI announcement video:

I dream of the day when a football game is so dependent on attributes and physics (not cheap shortcuts) to move up the pitch and score goals, that we'll get AI as complicated as this...

I don't keep up too much with modern releases (aside from football and the occasional game from other genres), but I LOVE Gran Turismo, it's by far my favorite racing simulation/game! (and put emphasis on simulation, so realistic without sacrificing any fun factor)! Ever since I played it back in PS2, I was hooked. :TU:

I guess I'll have to play it at other Playstations (like always) since I am strictly a PC gamer. :LOL: But still, great news.

Last edited:
I have pre-ordered but can't say I am looking forward too it.

Why don't you cancel the pre-order and wait a bit to see if its something you want to get (or get in a few months on sale)? Especially if you aren't feeling it for now.

This game is actually one of those PS exclusives that I miss. Would really like it to come to PC although I doubt it. Great memories of GT back in PS1/2/3 and this one looks pretty great. Right now I've been jumping in between so many racing games I wonder how this one would feel

ON a note about the AI Sophy... What's hard is to incorporate errors, would be nice to see AI also making mistakes and not driving 100% perfect. In the video the AI runs off track, but don't know if they will be programmed to run flawlessly (hopefully once in a while you see them spin out)

My most played racing game on the PS2 ,remember after hours and probably years being 'meh' though because of no crashed/smashed cars when driving off ,took away some of the realism.

Probably my nr 2 racing game back then after TOCA which I loved to bits

My most played racing game on the PS2 ,remember after hours and probably years being 'meh' though because of no crashed/smashed cars when driving off ,took away some of the realism.

Probably my nr 2 racing game back then after TOCA which I loved to bits
I think I played Toca Touring cars 2 on PS1 the most? The Toca games all blend together in my memory. I played a bit of GT2 on PS1 as well but I don't think I ever played much GT beyond that. If I got this new one it would mostly be for the eye candy, so I think I will pass.

I think I played Toca Touring cars 2 on PS1 the most? The Toca games all blend together in my memory. I played a bit of GT2 on PS1 as well but I don't think I ever played much GT beyond that. If I got this new one it would mostly be for the eye candy, so I think I will pass.
Toca was a brilliant game mate ,really loved it.
Back then BTCC was massive here in Sweden having a Swedish driver being successful in it.
Good memories ,one other "racing" game I loved on the PS1 was Demolition Derby.
Same here with GT ,a pass for me as well

IT will be my first GT. Looks like more complete game than assetto, automobilista or project cars. Gfx looks phenomenal. Curious about gameplay, how it feels on rs300

IT will be my first GT. Looks like more complete game than assetto, automobilista or project cars. Gfx looks phenomenal. Curious about gameplay, how it feels on rs300
Different games. Different audience.
Yes, graphics and numbers are fine...
Physics and sim aspects are missing.

The games you mentioned are far from complete (on PC that is).

GT7 will deliver. It will be a good game. Go for it.
Me personally, I’m not into racing games anymore; I do prefer racing sims.
Don’t need those rpg elements anymore too... but I never was into trophies and that shinanigans as well... so... The driving itself is my reward! :)

Different games. Different audience.
Yes, graphics and numbers are fine...
Physics and sim aspects are missing.

The games you mentioned are far from complete (on PC that is).
I want the closest to a sim that I can reliably experience on a controller. I don't have the space or the setup for a wheel - I'd love one, but not enough to dedicate money and room in my house to it (I don't have much time to play). The Xbox 360 had a Wireless Speed Wheel that I absolutely loved (surprisingly accurate for a "floating" solution) but without that coming back, controllers are my only choice (and the PS5 controller, with its locking triggers, is perfect).

For me, the only game to tick those boxes is GT - it's as much of a sim as it can be, A) with a controller and B) without alienating the user (e.g. no spinning out constantly when you're just trying to turn the car, as the last Project Cars game had me doing).

I've been tempted by the likes of Assetto Corsa, but every other player will use a wheel, and the amount of fiddling to be able to use the controller to any kind of a similar level to those using a wheel just isn't worth it in my eyes.

I want the closest to a sim that I can reliably experience on a controller. I don't have the space or the setup for a wheel - I'd love one, but not enough to dedicate money and room in my house to it (I don't have much time to play). The Xbox 360 had a Wireless Speed Wheel that I absolutely loved (surprisingly accurate for a "floating" solution) but without that coming back, controllers are my only choice (and the PS5 controller, with its locking triggers, is perfect).

For me, the only game to tick those boxes is GT - it's as much of a sim as it can be, A) with a controller and B) without alienating the user (e.g. no spinning out constantly when you're just trying to turn the car, as the last Project Cars game had me doing).

I've been tempted by the likes of Assetto Corsa, but every other player will use a wheel, and the amount of fiddling to be able to use the controller to any kind of a similar level to those using a wheel just isn't worth it in my eyes.
Perfect. GT with dualsense support should be a good experience. Go for GT7!

You actually did describe it much better than I could do. It all depends on... space, hardware, liking sims and all the comes with it, the price value thingy...

I would have bought GT7 for sure, a year ago. It’s gonna be a good racing game, imo.

I installed quite a few racing games in the past month. PC1,PC2, Forza 7, Automobilista 2, Assetto Corsa and ACC.
To be honest the one Im enjoying the most (I dont have a wheel) is ACCompetizione. It plays pretty well with a controller, better than PC1 and 2 (which I enjoyed but could never get the controller 100%)
GT7 will undoubtedly have much much much more content and probably better online as more people with controller will log on.
But if you get a chance, check ACC, I got it on sale for 13.99 for xbox and I think even less for PC. You will still need some assists with the controller but something about the handling is just very satisfying. However if you are looking for a "career" in singleplayer then obviously GT is the way to go.

How could I miss this thread yesterday?!
hm…

Are there any news about the GT7 PS4 version? Some sites say it will have the exact same features as the PS5 version with the inevitable graphics downgrade but I've found posts of others saying that the physics won't be the same. I still can't find any PS5 console in UK and probably won't find any until PS6 is released!

Are there any news about the GT7 PS4 version? Some sites say it will have the exact same features as the PS5 version with the inevitable graphics downgrade but I've found posts of others saying that the physics won't be the same. I still can't find any PS5 console in UK and probably won't find any until PS6 is released!
Afaik, it’s the same, just gfx downgraded.

Thanks! This will be my purchase of the month then. I guess there won't be any damage model again, am I right?
Nope. Same old. Manufacturers still don’t want that.

Btw: “Still only one person credited for AI and one credited for physics. And it's the same guys, so anyone holding their breath for major changes is likely to be disappointed”
so physics and AI should be the same as GTS. Not sure if and when that newly announced SonyAI project will make it into the game.

Nope. Same old. Manufacturers still don’t want that.

Btw: “Still only one person credited for AI and one credited for physics. And it's the same guys, so anyone holding their breath for major changes is likely to be disappointed”
so physics and AI should be the same as GTS. Not sure if and when that newly announced SonyAI project will make it into the game.
Huh? I thought it was just a design decision. The same manufacturers don't have a problem with a damage model in other driving games. Am I missing something here?

How could I miss this thread yesterday?!
hm…

I don't think this is the right thread. That's a mod for a different game, that doesn't replace Gran Turismo even if you had a PC (he's still using a wheel to play, because using a controller is a less viable option)... It comes across as trying to sway people over to "your side"...

I don't think this is the right thread. That's a mod for a different game, that doesn't replace Gran Turismo even if you had a PC (he's still using a wheel to play, because using a controller is a less viable option)... It comes across as trying to sway people over to "your side"...
Yeah, I can understand.
just wanted to show what I discovered last night. But I will stop posting that stuff. No prob.

disclaimer: play whatever you like!

@fear : what can I say, other than it’s still the same as before. No detailed crash models.
could be wrong on the reason though. what other reason could it be?

Game has now been purchased using PSN cards from ShopTo - 2x £35 cards cost £60 - Still not cheap but a better way of buying if you want the digital version.

Pre-load completed which was a very nice 97GB..

Will obviously give it a go on Friday, but personally don't have the huge amount of time needed to get the most out the game.

Game has now been purchased using PSN cards from ShopTo - 2x £35 cards cost £60 - Still not cheap but a better way of buying if you want the digital version.

Pre-load completed which was a very nice 97GB..

Will obviously give it a go on Friday, but personally don't have the huge amount of time needed to get the most out the game.
I'm also getting the digital ps4 version. I'm a bit worried though with the always online system even for the single player modes. If their servers are down we just can't play any mode? I can't understand how's this legal by any means.
Another thing I can't understand is why they don't have custom championships in the single player. They probably think their audience is in the range of 14-30yrs old. I have every single sim/semi-sim racing videogame, I was a big investor and tester of PC1, I'm in my mid 40s and I still find it bizarre how some of these games are released without a custom championship/series option.

I'm also getting the digital ps4 version. I'm a bit worried though with the always online system even for the single player modes. If their servers are down we just can't play any mode? I can't understand how's this legal by any means.
Another thing I can't understand is why they don't have custom championships in the single player. They probably think their audience is in the range of 14-30yrs old. I have every single sim/semi-sim racing videogame, I was a big investor and tester of PC1, I'm in my mid 40s and I still find it bizarre how some of these games are released without a custom championship/series option.
if I remember correctly, the Arcade mode is available even without that online obligation.
but yeah, I don’t get it either.
Again, iirc, Sony said this is due to security reasons… make of that what you want. ;)

sorry, I can only provide “not 100% sure comments” these days. I leave a lot of stuff behind, once I move on. :D

@bsmaff that’s the maff I got to know, well prepared, preload in the starting blocks, bought with a special offer! 👏
im interested to read your opinion on the game, once you dove in a bit. Let’s us know please.
goes out to all of you!

if I remember correctly, the Arcade mode is available even without that online obligation.
but yeah, I don’t get it either.
Again, iirc, Sony said this is due to security reasons… make of that what you want. ;)

sorry, I can only provide “not 100% sure comments” these days. I leave a lot of stuff behind, once I move on. :D

@bsmaff that’s the maff I got to know, well prepared, preload in the starting blocks, bought with a special offer! 👏
im interested to read your opinion on the game, once you dove in a bit. Let’s us know please.
goes out to all of you!

I am not sure what my opinion on the game will add to be honest.
I mainly play F1 2021 on my wheel and only occasionally venture into other games, so TBH I don't really have much to compare GT too.

I keep wanting to get into other racing games but don't really have the time to learn them, F1 because I have always watched it I understand it and just naturally pretty good at the game.

I don't see anything wrong with using external views, I use both probably equally, depending on the game. But a steering wheel + external view does seem a bit odd I admit.

I don't see anything wrong with using external views, I use both probably equally, depending on the game. But a steering wheel + external view does seem a bit odd I admit.
That's my point exactly. GT is semi-sim, it's not PC1 or ACC. External views are ok with games like GRID, Forza etc. Having Rossi using a wheel with external view on GT7 is a joke and bad advertising for the game.

Back
Top Bottom