[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Just looked that up, Looks like a cool game and my daughter might enjoy it. You both must've done so if you purchased the DLC?
Yeah,think you like that game,the DLC (three chapters) were very cheap,like 3-4£.

The DLC is a bit tougher,and actually a bit more weird/scary
But it’s a brilliant game,can’t wait for LN2.
We started playing LN when my daughter was 11-12,she’s 14 now and she still loves it,and finding the DLC a few years after completion of the original game was great

PES2017 most of the time. Watford needs to fight that relegation trend...! ;) on par with burnley we are third last in the table.

Some COD: Warzone Plunder with friends (using voice chat enhances the team play so much!) it is getting a bit repetitive for me, but the chaotic, funny and team play moments equal that.

I re-downloaded MLB 19 the show which is an awesome sports game. The presentation, the gameplay features, the options available to the player to tinker with the game (even during a match), they just deliver!! This game always makes me think, what could happen with PES when someone really passionate about it Would be in charge of development.

Some GTS: finished my second last mission. Now it’s 4 laps of the green hell to get it all 100% complete (I don’t mind “the career”-mode to much). And i can’t wait to drive those 4 rounds around my all time favorite track!! :D

Then I dove into the Pac-Man game that got released on PSplus. It really brings back some good memories! I think it’s very nicely transferred into “the here and now”. Pretty addictive as I played for some time...! :D

Some BFV in between. Like 2-3 rounds on Iwo Jima breakthrough. But alone it’s not that fun, imo.

And finally I played some DIRT2 multiplayer with friends (8 people, voice chat): great fun!! Even the spectator mode is nice.

I guess that’s it for the current week.

Last edited:
I've been playing PES2020 a lot using playshare with my brother in-law. We play Atalanta in Master League and it's so fun, already on our way to the second treble in 3 years.

Other than that, I played some of the great games I had in my list from lasrt year and are my type of game: Katana Zero, Sly the spire, Unravel 2 and My friend Pedro. I loved Little Nightmares back at the day, also played all of the DLCs. Waiting for the next installment in the franchise.

Plus, if anyone loved Unravel or Little Nightmares, allow me to recomend our little indie game, 'Arise: a simple story', it's cheap on sale at some marketplaces, and I know some people from the forum already played it, and some even like it hahahah.

Been installing and playing NBA 2k17 today. just wanted to shoot some hoops.

That MyPlayer career intro with Kobe gave me the shivers out of nowhere.

Man... :((

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line.

Man I need to pick up something with rainbows, humour, lightness and shit next. Darkest thing I've played in a long while.

Last edited:
Got my first ever Platinum trophy last night in Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Had to check a guide for two of the last trophies. But now I got that Platinum fever, Marvel's Spider-Man is up next. After that, Spelunky, and after that probably nothing because these are the only two games where I am close to getting all trophies.

Kind of finished with my FM save now..

Completed Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil 3 and just started Spider-Man.
I really hope Spider-Man gets better, as so far only got as far as meeting MJ.. But so far it is coming across as a very average Arkham series clone.

I found Spider-Man ridiculously easy to complete on the hardest difficulty.

I'm not sure how people can a rate a game that easy so highly.

I found Spider-Man ridiculously easy to complete on the hardest difficulty.

I'm not sure how people can a rate a game that easy so highly.

Why is Marvel's Spider-Man rated so highly? Let's see.

Great graphics
Great gameplay
Great Swinging mechanics
Great story
Great suits (That's a bonus but they are fantastic)

Has bad stealth sequences and the DLC is a bit dull (only made it through the first one myself) but otherwise, amazing. I played it on hard as well and didn't have an easy time with it at all. It didn't take 120 hours but I got killed a fair bit of times.
You must just be good at games.

Why is Marvel's Spider-Man rated so highly? Let's see.

Great graphics
Great gameplay
Great Swinging mechanics
Great story
Great suits (That's a bonus but they are fantastic)

Has bad stealth sequences and the DLC is a bit dull (only made it through the first one myself) but otherwise, amazing. I played it on hard as well and didn't have an easy time with it at all. It didn't take 120 hours but I got killed a fair bit of times.
You must just be good at games.

I don't think I am, I just like to get my monies worth. I completed God of War on hard and struggled towards the end. A single stage was taking days.

received_2316132772025199.jpeg
SM Platinum in the house. Also I have unlocked undies, that nasty Spider-Man has been going commando all this time?

Completed Uncharted3. Good story, some puzzles are improved well but maaan....Uncharted2 had some chapters but this game has a bunch of those where you get cheap killed 30 times in each.

Reminded me of this with 1000 deaths ofc.

Yeah,think you like that game,the DLC (three chapters) were very cheap,like 3-4£.

The DLC is a bit tougher,and actually a bit more weird/scary
But it’s a brilliant game,can’t wait for LN2.
We started playing LN when my daughter was 11-12,she’s 14 now and she still loves it,and finding the DLC a few years after completion of the original game was great
Thanks for reccomonding this, Just finished this with my daughter. Superb game, Nice and short, Tremendous atmosphere and a very unique, bizzare art style. Some good inertia and spongy animations. Reminds me a lot of ICO in places.

Got it for £4 with the DLC on the store like you mentioned. A complete steal.

Also finished Super Mario Bros 1-3 and Super Mario World over the last couple of weeks for the first time so i feel like i've finally enlightened myself on a piece of gaming history.

Finished Donkey Kong Country last night too. That game was pretty frustrating but it's forgiven considering it's age and being the first in the series.

Thanks for reccomonding this, Just finished this with my daughter. Superb game, Nice and short, Tremendous atmosphere and a very unique, bizzare art style. Some good inertia and spongy animations. Reminds me a lot of ICO in places.

Got it for £4 with the DLC on the store like you mentioned. A complete steal.

Also finished Super Mario Bros 1-3 and Super Mario World over the last couple of weeks for the first time so i feel like i've finally enlightened myself on a piece of gaming history.

Finished Donkey Kong Country last night too. That game was pretty frustrating but it's forgiven considering it's age and being the first in the series.
Glad you and your daughter liked it mate.
Seen trailers for Little nightmares 2,and can't wait for it to drop
And hopefully a second installment of Inside in the near future.

My main squeeze (as always) have been NBA 2k,pretty much the only game I play right now.
Just switched over to 20 from 19,where played 6 seasons on my Myleague save.
In my first season with Cleveland Cavaliers heading for the playoffs.

Games I will play more the coming week.
Kingdome come
Alan Wake
The long Dark

Finally finished Spider Man

Graphics:-
I personally am at odds on the graphics TBH.
They are absolutely superb for a console game, but there are too many imperfections for me.
The models of the main characters and Spiderman are superb, and when your in close quarter rooms and everything is confined to a small space then it is graphically excellent.
However the problems for me start when you are in the city scape.
The city is very well done, and the amount of effort the team put in to make pretty much the whole of New York explorable is an incredible achievement.
The problem for me is the very obvious low res textures being used on buildings more than 50 metres away, so when your standing on top of buildings this is incredibly noticeable and on some occasions looks out right awful.
There are other issues with draw distance, but given the hardware they were able to achieve the level of graphics and performance on, is a job very well done.
With Spider-Man 2 hopefully on PS5, then the issues with low res textures and draw distance shouldn't be an issue.

Combat:-
Found the combat quite challenging to begin with, but as soon as you unlock the TRIANGLE web to enemy and remove guns then the combat instantly became quite easy.
Obviously it also helps to find parts of the environment to help you take the minimal amount of damage from enemies.
I did not use too many of the different web attacks, as I found Web Bombs to be way to overpowered and a couple of these and you can wipe out large numbers very quickly.
I also changed to the black suit which allowed when powered up to be bullet proof, this also massively helped with combat.
Until you can open the Stark suit and then open the Spider Bro's which then do 90% of every battle for you.
The boss battles I found quite annoying, they were incredibly repetitive and once you knew what you were doing incredibly easy to complete.

Story:-
Took a while to get going, but once you got into it, was good and makes you want to continue playing - Game length for me was pretty spot on, and tutorials were kept to a minimal which was very refreshing.
They done the right thing with adding extra story at the end of the game, to open up where they are taking the sequel.
I have not completed any of the side missions, as found the ones with the research pods, crimes and bombs pretty boring - Although I did enjoy the Kingpin construction site missions, as these really help in improving your combat skills in the beginning.

It was definitely a solid 7/10, but personally the stealth parts of the game were a little annoying and the game itself was not as good as the Arkham series - Except Arkham Knight, as that was just pants.

Last edited:
Sent every game i have on vacation when I discovered The Talos Principle on game pass.
Brilliant game,so rewarding/tough/challenging.
Been playing it for a week probably,and some puzzles are so tough I must give them a break and return later on,and often (so far 100%) solve them.

My favourite game played this year for sure

My main squeeze (as always) have been NBA 2k,pretty much the only game I play right now.
Just switched over to 20 from 19,where played 6 seasons on my Myleague save.
In my first season with Cleveland Cavaliers heading for the playoffs.

Games I will play more the coming week.
Kingdome come
Alan Wake
The long Dark

Recommend NBA 2k20? I have it free on PS4, but not sure if worth the download....

Also, lately I'm playing Anno 1800. Fun game, mixture of city building/supply chain management

Recommend NBA 2k20? I have it free on PS4, but not sure if worth the download....

Also, lately I'm playing Anno 1800. Fun game, mixture of city building/supply chain management
God yes on 2k,steep learning curve if not used to NBA 2k Games,but very good.
Arcadish Mycareer- super realistic Myleague- card/UT like Myteam or just play Vs other online in The neighbourhood.

Haven't tried anno 1800,should dive in to something like that too,unless it's a PS4 exclusive?

God yes on 2k,steep learning curve if not used to NBA 2k Games,but very good.
Arcadish Mycareer- super realistic Myleague- card/UT like Myteam or just play Vs other online in The neighbourhood.

Haven't tried anno 1800,should dive in to something like that too,unless it's a PS4 exclusive?

Im just interested in doing a normal season in 2K. last 2K I played was '13 or '14 I think on the PS3. Completeley loved the NBA 2k8 hoops as Im more into college teams. WIll download to check out, mostly interested in arcadish games as Im not so into the NBA.

Anno 1800 is only on PC. check out some videos on youtube to see if its something that interests you... kind of managing products to make more products, doing trade with neighbors, while keeping citizens happy.

Im just interested in doing a normal season in 2K. last 2K I played was '13 or '14 I think on the PS3. Completeley loved the NBA 2k8 hoops as Im more into college teams. WIll download to check out, mostly interested in arcadish games as Im not so into the NBA.

Anno 1800 is only on PC. check out some videos on youtube to see if its something that interests you... kind of managing products to make more products, doing trade with neighbors, while keeping citizens happy.
Cheers man ,I will!
Yeah you can play Vs games Vs the CPU or just a season/playoff
Well worth it

Just tried HZD pc version for a couple of minutes.. hopefully the gameplay is good. too tired to continue today :ZZZ:. Graphically and optimization-wise i prefer hellbade.. :YES:.

Back
Top Bottom