[General Discussion] General Gaming News Chat

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
I wasn't sure where to put this, and I don't know if it deserves its own thread, so I decided to make a general cross-platform gaming chat thread for little bits and pieces for discussion.

So, have you heard about the Unity licensing changes that could spell financial disaster for those using it?

Unity have faced a huge backlash, and they are now backtracking on some (but not all of) these policies to try and shield themselves from further tidal-waves of shit.

But guess who the blame can be pinned on for a lot of these changes... Isn't this interesting?

Last edited:
I wasn't sure where to put this, and I don't know if it deserves its own thread, so I decided to make a general cross-platform gaming chat thread for little bits and pieces for discussion.

So, have you heard about the Unity licensing changes that could spell financial disaster for those using it?

Unity have faced a huge backlash, and they are now backtracking on some (but not all of) these policies to try and shield themselves from further tidal-waves of shit.

But guess who the blame can be pinned on for a lot of these changes... Isn't this interesting?

There can't be for obvious reasons, but wish there was a puke reaction :SICK:. This riccitiello guy is pure scum & everything wrong with gaming in this era.

Whats the worse that can happen for them?
People cant just quickly change to Unreal (or anything) in 2 years mid development, its not a regular product that you can swap.
They can safely test the waters, wait 1-2 years to see the ACTUAL reaction in download figures and revenue then decide to change or not.

Back
Top Bottom