Gaming Headphones?

Yup. You'll really struggle getting any before Christmas for the £80 - £90 prices knocking about.

I paid £100 for the refurbs. They arrived last week and are absolutely bang on, quality wise. Saying that, I haven't tested them yet as they're a Christmas present from the missus. Maybe I should have... Haha

I could have sold you mine for 50 notes or something

I emailed them a couple of days ago asking for a refund and have sent them back

They were OK in the end mate i only had about 10 minutes on MW3 and full was too much

It was just Sky that needed higher volume

I tried to test mine last night but I don't have a newer style XB360 with the digital audio input so I'll have to use the component cable instead. Not sure if it'll make much difference but will test it later when I find the RYW cables I need.

I tried to test mine last night but I don't have a newer style XB360 with the digital audio input so I'll have to use the component cable instead. Not sure if it'll make much difference but will test it later when I find the RYW cables I need.

The Optical cable goes in the component lead on the older Xboxs so you still get digital audio just like the newer ones

Do you just need an optical cable to hook the headphones upto the xbox? is it that straight forward, or do you have to fanny about with lots of stuff?

Do you just need an optical cable to hook the headphones upto the xbox? is it that straight forward, or do you have to fanny about with lots of stuff?

This is what you get with the X41 :

X41_whatget.jpg

Now, I don't have the XB360 slim, nor the adapter that allows me to plug the digital optical cable (as shown) from the X41 wireless box to the XB360. So I will have to use normal RCA component cables.

This is the adapter :

165576d1267105992-decent-headphones-xbox-360-part-5-131322-xbox_cable1_350.jpg

The HDMI end plugs into the XB360 and the digital optical cable plugs into the black port on that and also the black port on the wireless box.

Alternative :

howdoesitwork_main_01.jpg

You just plug a optical lead into the headphone receiver from the 360 that's all

A quick question - can Turtle Beach headphones be connected to an amp? I run my 360 and PS3 into my amp, both the audio and video signals.

Yeah there is a input and output on the receiver so you plug it in like i said above then use another optical cable to go from the receiver to the amp

Just buy an optical cable, it sounds (excuse the pun :)) ) simpler. Just plug one end into the xbox and one in the headphone reciever thingy.

Just plug it into the right hand side of this adaptor;

165576d1267105992-decent-headphones-xbox-360-part-5-131322-xbox_cable1_350.jpg

That's how I hook up my surround sound speakers.

Yeah but where does my HDMI cable go if the adaptor is in the xbox?

Your HDMI will just stay plugged from your console to the TV the way it is, then you just plug the optical cable from the xbox to the headphones.

The hdmi fits under the adaptor doesn't it?

Xbox360_HDMI_203W_back.jpg

Yep, so the adaptor goes in above the hdmi and you can still get to the hdmi.

Last edited:
Yeah but where does my HDMI cable go if the adaptor is in the xbox?

That adapter isn't HDMI port, so like said, it fits in directly above the HDMI cable. You then plug the digitcal optical cable from that adapter to the wireless box for the X41.

Thanks for everyones help on this thread particuarly Scutch. I've just ordered a pair of x41's for £117 new as my xmas present from the mrs.

Glad I've got the 360 slim so I don't have to mess about with all those cables!

Back
Top Bottom