Formula1

Why is that? That was a rule for quite a number of years now that drivers have to do 300km in recent F1 car to be eligible for super license. That is why Verstappen was doing some testing in 2012 car (most recent one that could be used in testing as per rules) as well as Simona de Silvestro with Sauber's 2012 car.

There is still 3 or 4 2-day test sessions during the season where teams tend to use their 3rd or development drivers for testing. Ferrari for example gave a chance to Jules Bianchi to test their car even though he was driving for Marussia in last 2 seasons, while at the end of last season in Abu Dhabi test Davide Rigon was driving on one of 2 days in F14-T.

Also, Manor Marussia F1 Team has been included in final 2015 entry list published today, while Caterham is officially gone. Manor will be using Ferrari PU (although 2014 version) and one of the drivers will be Will Stevens. Other one is rumored to be Kevin Magnussen.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/02/27/manor-on-2015-f1-teams-entry-list-caterham-vanish/

Manor is preparing hybrid 2014-2015 car with which they plan to start the season until they finish working on new 2015 car.

oh...I see :LOL:

Barcelona Test 2 day 2 results:
tarz25a.jpg

Seems like Mercedes just woke up today

Mercedes don't want to show their true form.. They have a car 1-1.5 secs a lap quicker than the rest of the field.

McLaren are the only dark horse I feel as we don't know how quick the Honda engine really is..

Last edited:
Jorda shouldn't be anywhere near an F1 car, nor should Wolff. Patently not good enough. If the extent of their involvement is pretty(ish) faces to appease/attract sponsors then F1 is in a worse hole than I thought.

Mercedes don't want to show their true form.. They have a car 1-1.5 secs a lap quicker than the rest of the field.

McLaren are the only dark horse I feel as we don't know how quick the Honda engine really is..
Mercedes are sandbagging like motherfuckers.

I don't see McLaren as a dark horse. I think this will be a difficult year again.

Mercedes defienetely are.. I think 1.5 secs+ a lap faster come Melbourne.

Jorda is in F1 to attract new sponsors, as she does look alright, so prob looks good when photoshopped.
Susie is in F1 solely on some sort of deal for the Mercedes engines, let my wife drive for you and you get a deal for engines at a reduced rate...

As for McLaren, Honda were holding back the engine severely I think the car if reliable will be up there.. Williams are the 2nd best team going into Melbourne, with maybe Lotus 3rd, but once again there will be Mercedes then the Mercedes engine cars followed by the rest.

Well, that could be true about Susie, but she came in to Williams when they were still using Renault engines. I think what brought here in is that Toto has had owned part of the team (1/4 if I am not mistaken or maybe even more). He has sold part of his shares recently, but I think he still has some percentage.

Btw, Toto Wolff has stated in interview with Croft from SkySports F1 that Mercedes did all 12 days of testing with one single PU, which is more than 6000km. It obviously wasn't pushed to its maximum, but that mileage is enough to complete whole 20-race season.

Barcelona Test 2 day 4 results:
TbHa1SM.jpg

So testing season is over, teams will now head home to prepare cars for Melbourne. Cars and equipment are flying there on March 6th, race is on March 15th

Red Bull has unveiled their 2015 colors. Same colors as before but design is updated a bit and with more purple.
red%2Bbull%2Bracing%2B2015%2Bcar.jpg

red%2Bbull%2Bracing%2B2015%2Bcar.jpg

News from Manor Marussia F1 Team published on their Facebook page

They have confirmed the name of new investor, new chairman and that team will start 2015 season in Melbourne with completely 2015-legal car which is actually modified 2014 car. They will introduce new car later in the season, one on which team started working last year.

READY TO RACE

• MANOR BEGIN 2015 SEASON IN MELBOURNE
• STEPHEN FITZPATRICK IS NEW INVESTOR IN TEAM
• JUSTIN KING APPOINTED INTERIM TEAM CHAIRMAN
• TEAM EXITS ADMINISTRATION
• DRIVER LINE-UP SOON TO BE COMPLETED
• ALL EFFORTS FOCUSED ON PREPARING FOR 2015 SEASON

4 March 2015, 17.00hrs

The Manor Marussia F1 Team looks forward to its participation in the 2015 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Formal agreement was reached with Manor’s creditors on Thursday 19th February 2015 in order to allow the team to come out of administration, following new investment from Stephen Fitzpatrick.

Manor’s President & Sporting Director will be Graeme Lowdon, with former Sainsbury’s CEO Justin King taking over as the team’s interim Chairman.

The team has been preparing the cars with which it will begin the 2015 season and which comply fully with the 2015 regulations. Later in the season it will introduce a new 2015 specification car as per the designs initiated last year.

Graeme Lowdon said: “I want to thank all of the teams, the FIA, Formula One Management, our suppliers and staff and of course all of the fans for the support we’ve received over the past six months. It has been a challenging period for all of us but we’ve come through it and now we just want to go racing again. With formidable new business leadership in Stephen Fitzpatrick and the board presence of Justin King we are now in a great place ahead of the new season. This is a fantastic and very rewarding moment for all those involved with the team.”

Justin King said: “It’s a real pleasure for me to be involved in Manor. I know from the years I spent at Sainsbury’s that with the right people, the right values, and sheer hard work, you can turn any business around. In Graeme and Team Principal John Booth we have all three and I’m fully confident that we can help Manor be competitive at the highest level of racing.”

Stephen Fitzpatrick said: “We've all worked incredibly hard to get the car ready for Melbourne and the season ahead. Our fans have given the team amazing support for many years and we want to restore Manor to the very best of racing in the future. I have a lifelong passion for Formula One and can't wait for the season ahead, with Manor and the team.”

And final obstacle for Manor to compete in Melbourne has been surpassed as their 2014 car, modified to comply with all 2015 technical regulations, has passed all of the FIA's mandatory crash tests

Manor F1 Team @ManorF1Team · 9m 9 minutes ago
Our big news of today is that we have now passed the FIA crash tests. Well done team! That's it - we're all set for Melbourne! #F1

Roberto Merhi has been confirmed as a 2nd driver for Marussia Manor F1 Team. And he has solid background in open-wheel racing: in 2011 he won F3 Euro Series, while last year he was 3rd in Formula Renault 3.5.

Jordan King has also been confirmed as a 3rd driver for the team. He also has some solid background with 2nd in Formula Renault 2.0 in 2011, 3rd in British F3 in 2013 and 7th in European F3 Championship last year.

and here is finally 10th car of 2015 season, Manor Marussia
manor-886x474.jpg

It is the car with which Marussia has last raced in Sochi, but with modifications at the front to make sure that car fits within rules that had changed a bit for this season. Later in the season they will introduce new car which was developed through 2014 but has never been finished because of Marussia going into administration.

I was slightly off with McLaren...

Looks like they will be having a few battles with the Manor's during the GP.
But we still won't know fully how quick the cars are until Q2 tomorrow.

well, Manor will be happy to even start up their engines. Computers on which they had their engine management software saved were sold of in auctions so the don't have any programs to upload into the car's ECU.

Arrivabene, Ferrari team principal, has said that he had talked to sporting director of Manor and said that they would be happy to provide technical and logistical support, but that with no money you get no honey.

On the other hand, Sauber might loose all of their equipment because they are in breach of contract with van der Garde who's sponsors paid them about 8m € in August with promise that VDG will be their race driver for this season. He went in the court and won the case, judge instructed Sauber that VDG has valid contract and that they need to provide him with race seat, but they didn't do anything.

On the other hand, Sauber might loose all of their equipment because they are in breach of contract with van der Garde who's sponsors paid them about 8m € in August with promise that VDG will be their race driver for this season. He went in the court and won the case, judge instructed Sauber that VDG has valid contract and that they need to provide him with race seat, but they didn't do anything.

He doesn't have a super license so can't drive an F1 car anyway...

Sauber have just been stupid in the situation, but the real issues will come when VDG gets his super license.. Then Ericson will be told to leave, but he could then take them to court as they all have valid contracts with Sauber.

VDG will be paid off out of court..

Sauber's team principal could face prison as an increasingly bitter driver row continues to overshadow Formula 1's season-opening race in Australia.

Monisha Kaltenborn was told earlier this week that she will be in contempt of court if she failed to allow Giedo van der Garde to drive in Melbourne.

But Friday's practice sessions at Albert Park came and went without Van der Garde taking to the track.

Instead, Sauber opted to use Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr.

In farcical scenes, Van der Garde appeared in the Sauber garage wearing his race overalls as he waited for news.

A test driver for Sauber last year, Van der Garde has accused the Swiss team of reneging on a deal to let him race this season.

Roberto Merhi has been confirmed as a 2nd driver for Marussia Manor F1 Team. And he has solid background in open-wheel racing: in 2011 he won F3 Euro Series, while last year he was 3rd in Formula Renault 3.5.
He must be an open-wheeler guy because he was underwhelming in his two seasons with Mercedes in the DTM (2012/2013). Seen him race twice myself. Anyway, good luck to him.

RE: Sauber - one of the most farcical situations I can think of in F1, and one that is dragging down the well-respected Sauber name. Peter Sauber deserves better than this. Kaltenborn should resign because such a contractual predicament should never happen on her watch. It's amazing given her business law background.

So, now vd Garde came to the media that he is dropping the charges so that Sauber can race this weekend and because it is in the best interest of motorsport and F1. I for once think that Mr. E had his hands in that decision.

Also, vd Garde said that they are still in talks with Sauber to reach an agreemen that is good for everyone.

As for performance of teams...

McLaren is in deep trouble as they are the slowest car currently on the track.
Red Bull is quite a surprise as they are just above McLaren
Toro Rosso is very much a positive surprise of this first GP weekend. They seem to have drivable and fast car for their "kindergarden". They actually look like have done better job than Red Bull itself.
Lotus looks ok, nothing spectacular, but huge improvement from last year
Sauber is spectacular imo. After all they went through last year and court case with vd Garde they seem to have found some performance for this year
Force India is nice, looks reliable...but seems to be lacking a bit of speed
Ferrari looks fantastic. It is still handful for their drivers here and there, but they seem to be possible to push it more than they could last year.
Williams just about the same with Ferrari.
Mercedes looks like they are not even trying. I mean, Hamilton went out on to the grass in T9 and that was his fastest lap (until he improved later)

Australia, Q
4pbUNDT.jpg

Mercedes should be mandated to put a parachute on the back, just to slow them a tiny bit. Ferrari and Williams are really close together and driver's errors seem like only thing that divides them. Others are all there or thereabout, while McLaren can be happy that Manor had ECU software problems and couldn't even start up their cars.

Honda has stated that their problems in Melbourne are due to high ambient temperatures...which in my mind is crazy talk as temperatures weren't climbing above 20°C this weekend. And team personel is walking in jackets around the pits.

Australia, R
l1LJXG3.jpg

Merhi i Stevens didn't qualify so they did not participate
Magnussen's Honda V6 engine blew on his way from garage on to the grid. It also means that in that car (whether driven by Magnussen or Alonso) they have only 3 more V6 engines available for whole season.
Kvyat's gearbox broke on his way to the grid...there was not enough time to change it so he didn't race
Bottas has injured his back yesterday and today before race he didn't pass mandatory FIA tests in which driver must be able to exit the car (fully strapped in) in 5 seconds or less so they did not allow him to race.

Maldonado crashed in T1, but funnily enough it wasn't his fault this time
Grosjean lost power in 1st lap so they retired him
Verstappen has lost his engine after pitstop
Raikkonen was allowed by his team to leave the pits with left rear wheel not attached correctly so he parked and retired at T4

few news:
- Alonso will be back in Malaysia
- Bottas is still uncertain for Malaysia
- German GP has been canceled. Nurburgring is unable to host the race (it was their turn this year), while organizers at Hockenheim say that it is too short of a time to organize the race
- Red Bull asks for FIA to equalize engine performance between all 4 manufacturers

Back
Top Bottom