FIFA (All Versions) Career Mode Stories

Just beat City at home, massive win after being bummed at Southampton 4-1.
2-0 win, last goal on a penalty
Im 5 points clear of relagation with 30 games played, still not riding any gravy train but its looking pretty good with me at 14th
EA SPORTS FIFA 15 11-10-2023 21_40_26.png

5 games left of my Burnley player career (first season)
This has been a very tough season, most likely my toughest football game career so far.
Im pretty much in the mix of it.
EA SPORTS FIFA 15 16-10-2023 19_55_51.png

4 games left and 5 points clear of relegation.
My player has neen through hell this season, only 17 games played so far, three injuries (3 months 3 weeks 3 weeks) ive lowered injury freq from 65 to 50, still see loads of injuries on my team mates though.
Hopefully this will be a good run the last 4 games of the season

I’m having some fun with FIFA 19 lately and I decided to start a career with it.

Of course, after using them in some friendlies, I got used to Macclesfield and that’s them I’ll be playing with… As as usual I’ve already become attached to some of them. 🤣

I’ll report back soon.

im on to my first career mode in fifa 19 v 1.0 if im not mistaken, going into the season opener, i ve won the supercup vs sevilla that year, while boasting messi and suarez upfront, still rocking the 4 -3-3 formation as always, while making the midfielders cut passing lanes, especially busquets, while i ve ordered vidal to move forward when attacking, first game vs getafe at home at the temporary home ground louis campagnas.

Thread revive!
I’m going to be starting a FC24 career at the weekend and I’ve been contemplating which team I should use.
I’ve previously used Werder Bremen, Torino and Notts County. I’ve narrowed it down to these teams from previous suggestions:

Sheffield Wednesday
Port Vale
Deportivo Alaves
Andorra
Genoa
Ascoli
Aberdeen
Or I might try out a MLS team since I’ve never played used a MLS team in any game.

Anyway, out of these options which would appeal to you most?

I'd say Sheffield Wednesday! I've always liked them for some reason, I think their logo is one of the coolest ones in football and it also helps that they share the same colors as my team! (Blue and White, even the shade of blue is similar)! :BSCARF:

In fact I've been planning on doing a Career Mode/Master League with them for a long time, but I'm always postponing it. :LOL:

I’m having some fun with FIFA 19 lately and I decided to start a career with it.

Of course, after using them in some friendlies, I got used to Macclesfield and that’s them I’ll be playing with… As as usual I’ve already become attached to some of them. 🤣

I’ll report back soon.
Oh well, things didn't quite go as expected here.
I mean I knew it would be difficult (short squad, little-to-no money) but I didn't expect the game to revolt against me and to make things even more difficult on purpose.

Short story (because it hasn't been a long story unfortunately), shortened:

After a good start of the season (8 points in the first 5 league matches), we managed to secure another 5 in the following 10 matches, for the extreme joy of the board (and of the fans, of course).

If you add that Macclesfield didn't really have a deep squad, that the designated CAM got injured at the beginning of the season and had just come back, that we didn't exactly have that much money to fill the gaps (not even with free agents!) and that we faced some other injuries...
Well, things were only set to get worse.

So, I manfully decided that I would... Give up on that career and start again with something else.
(Yes, I know, pretty couargeous of me).

A Genoa rebuild would not be bad at all I think.
I did start a new career and ended up using Ascoli. I was having fun at first but became very bored after several matches. It’s why I took a break from it for the whole of January. I think I’ve lost interest in it.

Usually play player career on FIFA since its a bit less of a job, just playing i guess.
But always felt a bit of a scripting/cheating tws your player, you know a pass that is a no brainer is missed etc etc, its all in the game, so not complaining.
Scored my first goal in my second game yesterday, or so i thought...
How is it possible this is a own goal?

Pretty much stuck to my Fifa 17 career and its picking up, restarted with Fiorentina (to bad ea treated serie a like shit) and im enjoying it a lot
Wc semi all 10 min Broadcast Cam and its pretty challenging

How is it possible this is a own goal?
'cause you owned them, maybe?

Pretty much stuck to my Fifa 17 career and its picking up, restarted with Fiorentina (to bad ea treated serie a like shit) and im enjoying it a lot
Wc semi all 10 min Broadcast Cam and its pretty challenging
Yes I know, it's always been like this with the Italian league: some important teams always missing (back then it was Piemonte Calcio, now it's Roma FC and Bergamo Calcio), a very limited amount of teams having their stadium, little-to-no love for the match presentation (well, now at least we have the official scoreboard and the official ball, how generous of them!)

Unfortunately it never went well on the other side of the fence either (Konami, I'm looking at you): some important teams always missing (if it wasn't PM Black White it was Lombardia NA), a very (veeeeery!) limited amount of teams having their stadium (not even San Siro, in PES 2021!), little-to-no love for the match presentation (well, now at least we have the official scorebo...Oh well nevermind)

Last edited:
Aaaand for the umpteenth time I'm considering starting a new story with FIFA.

I'm currently undecided between a couple of storylines and I'd love to hear your thoughts:
  • A short "what if" story with either AC Milan or Lyon, starting from the summer of of 2021 and running for three seasons (FIFA 22, FIFA 23 and FC 24), in which the Super League actually was a thing...

• A traditional MLS story with one of the founders (currently planning to use FIFA 19, considering New England as they never won a title while ending runners-up too many times, but with San Jose and Columbus being straight behind just because I do really like their kits)
Ideas?

Last edited:
@*aLe I like the MLS story, I've seldom (if ever) seen an MLS-based story in FIFA or PES.. Using one of the original founding teams adds an extra bonus to it, I think San Jose kits are cool as well, with the white/blue/gold combination (IIRC they used to be similar to Boca alternate jerseys).

I'd go with MLS if I were you, maybe bringing in an old-school MLS player rejuvenated (like Freddy Adu or Landon Donovan) :TU:

As a side point, guys, do you ever do training drills in Manager Mode?

I found that, while playing FIFA 19 Player Career mode, my player started growing too fast after trianing (unrealistically so), so I decided to stop training altogether and his growth was much more natural, which I liked better.

If I were to skip training sessions altogether in Manager Career (I also find them to be a bit boring and a chore), will this negatively affect players? I want them to have natural growth but I'm wondering if it'll affect their matchday form too much. How do you guys handle training drills in Manager Career mode?

I'd go with MLS if I were you, maybe bringing in an old-school MLS player rejuvenated (like Freddy Adu or Landon Donovan) :TU:
Well, I thought about bringing back a former MLS legend too. I would've chosen Kasey Keller but I already did a career on the FIFA forums with him (starting in january 2011 with FIFA 12 where Keller was still a player then making him turn into a manager when he retired at the end of the 2011 season in the game.
I then proceeded with playing a season with each FIFA up to FIFA 17 (where I arranged a sort of European Superleague "ante litteram", but the career ended halfway through the first season).

So, for this career, I'd actually be tempted by a "Walter Zenga returning to New England" storyline.

I found that, while playing FIFA 19 Player Career mode, my player started growing too fast after trianing (unrealistically so), so I decided to stop training altogether and his growth was much more natural, which I liked better.

If I were to skip training sessions altogether in Manager Career (I also find them to be a bit boring and a chore), will this negatively affect players? I want them to have natural growth but I'm wondering if it'll affect their matchday form too much. How do you guys handle training drills in Manager Career mode?
I train my players every 2 weeks especially for the young guys and he ones in good form. Don't think the AI teams do training drills so i think its more gradual and fair if you do a one training session every 2 weeks. Besides the players aren't guaranteed to do well or progress at all in their training sessions anyway.

I used to do so in FIFA 16 with players from the youth academy so they would be “ready” for first team a bit earlier but I don’t usually do that with “seniors” if that helps (as I also think it is a little bit too overpowered). Sometimes I train new signings if they’re a little behind in overall compared to the players they’d be replacing though.

Thanks guys. I've read some stuff on reddit that Training from FIFA 16-20 works a little differently than in newer editions.

From what I've understood (take this with a grain of salt, as I'm not 100% sure): Apparently, in FIFA 16-19, training makes your players develop faster, and in newer FIFAS (I think starting in 21), training helps with the in-match form and how sharp your players are on gameday.

Drills are a bit boring for me and I wish that in FIFA 16-20, I could just skip them and have my players grow naturally. But then again, not sure if not training them at all would give me a distinct disadvantage in Manager Career Mode. Still trying to figure it out..

I used to do so in FIFA 16 with players from the youth academy so they would be “ready” for first team a bit earlier but I don’t usually do that with “seniors” if that helps (as I also think it is a little bit too overpowered). Sometimes I train new signings if they’re a little behind in overall compared to the players they’d be replacing though.
I might actually do this as well.. Only train the youth players once in a while. The thing about natural growth is, I think the CPU teams don't have the "benefit" of training at least in the Senior Team, so I don't see why this should really be a feature in Career mode, seems a bit unbalanced IMO..

10 games in on my Fifa 19 career with Deportivo La Coruna in the La Liga 1/2/3.
First loss vs Oviedo away, a game i dominated, they had 2 real chances and scored the 1-0 winner on a counter early 2nd half.
So fucking furious after the game, not that i felt cheated but just mad plain and simple.
Objective is promotion this year so i got to get going again next game.
And game 11 was vs Almeria at home, yet a very frustrating game that ended 0-0. which means no goal scored in 2 games
This game is playing so good and upredictable once i changed sliders.
Love it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom