FIFA 23 Nintendo Switch

...and I already find the Switch too wide to be comfortable beyond 30 minutes of play anyway (with something like a Game Boy, the arms are in a more natural position, but with a Switch they're further apart and I find it difficult to maintain that position without my arms aching like mad).
I think that for wider handhelds like the Switch Lite, or what I use which is literally an old smartphone with a controller attachment that makes it sort of seem like a Nintendo Switch, you have to find a way for your arms to rest, how I play is usually laying on my bed, with some cushions and pillows on my back and neck, and with my arms to my side resting on the bed, it's the only way to not get tired quickly I think.

Yeah I always play the Switch laying on my back on my bed. FIFA and Tears of the Kingdom have me sorted for the next year or so :LOL:

Is it just me or did they just completely abandon this game mid-season? Didn't even bother to do the January transfers
Sorry to bump the thread again but I was reading through some old posts for answers and came across this.

Also, I’m still in pre season tournament (Career Mode) and I’m only allowed 5 substitutes on the bench. Is this a bug?

I was hesitant if i should buy this or not, for various reasons.

Tempted and finally convinced to buy it, due to people's opinions here, and cause maybe it is the last game for Switch.

Wanted the digital version, but... Nintendo Europe stubbornness didn't give a discount, in contrast to Nintendo e-shop US, so i went for the physical copy, that is on 50% discount everywhere in Greek stores right now and delivery arrived today.

IMG_20230615_100312.jpg :BAND:

Played 2 matches already and i can assure, in comparison to FIFA 20 Legacy Edition, which i was playing till yesterday, that this version is improved, gameplay wise.

It worths its money 101%. I would like to say this game is a freakin Master Piece, but it sounds exaggerated, so i will just say it's improved.

The general pace is slower than 20, which was good already, so in normal speed, it's awesome for me, no need messing with sliders till now, the visual part, given the Switch shortcomings, is improved from 2020 too.

Τhe ball speed is also slower and more smooth in comparison to 2020. And the finetuned the passing, while using the flair and driven passes, it works better now and like the PS4 version, it is improved, for example when i was using the flair modifier on FIFA 17 i have it in R2 for me, and player was always excecuting a fancy backheel or some tricky pass, on latter version it was imrpoved, so the players did backheels and tricky passes less often. The same happened here, while comparing 2020 and 2023.

There's still the legacy glitch, sometimes when scoring, the screen blinks. I also noticed a new one, some hairstyles look buggy depending on the stadium lighting and the time/weather effects. It's like those PES 2008 PS2 glitched hairstyle, with missing textures.

But the gameplay is really enjoying and it gave me that "one more match" feeling.

I played both my matches in handheld mode, so now i wait for tonight, to try it in docked mode on TV. 🙂

Haven't played the next-gen big boys, since FIFA 20, so can't hold a point of relevance to compare, but this one version for Switch plays really good, basic but good.

Really Shame that this game is burned down by professional reviewers and amateur fans, just because of its label, "Legacy Edition", with the same repeated reviews again and again, FIFA 18.5, FIFA 15.5, same game different kits, etc, etc...

Makes me want to jump in and call'em "potato heads". Ok maybe the game doesn't worth 40€, possibly i would say.

But it's a game built on a very solid base, and fine tuned year after year. I can't even assume if the intention if the dev team in EA behind this, is to create a concept of art every year, or they just want to "moneygrab".

But i can assure that the final result, is much more than satisfying. Started my traditional CM save with HSV in Bundesliga.2 .

Last edited:
I was hesitant if i should buy this or not, for various reasons.

Tempted and finally convinced to buy it, due to people's opinions here, and cause maybe it is the last game for Switch.

Wanted the digital version, but... Nintendo Europe stubbornness didn't give a discount, in contrast to Nintendo e-shop US, so i went for the physical copy, that is on 50% discount everywhere in Greek stores right now and delivery arrived today.

View attachment 220463 :BAND:

Played 2 matches already and i can assure, in comparison to FIFA 20 Legacy Edition, which i was playing till yesterday, that this version is improved, gameplay wise.

It worths its money 101%. I would like to say this game is a freakin Master Piece, but it sounds exaggerated, so i will just say it's improved.

The general pace is slower than 20, which was good already, so in normal speed, it's awesome for me, no need messing with sliders till now, the visual part, given the Switch shortcomings, is improved from 2020 too.

Τhe ball speed is also slower and more smooth in comparison to 2020. And the finetuned the passing, while using the flair and driven passes, it works better now and like the PS4 version, it is improved, for example when i was using the flair modifier on FIFA 17 i have it in R2 for me, and player was always excecuting a fancy backheel or some tricky pass, on latter version it was imrpoved, so the players did backheels and tricky passes less often. The same happened here, while comparing 2020 and 2023.

There's still the legacy glitch, sometimes when scoring, the screen blinks. I also noticed a new one, some hairstyles look buggy depending on the stadium lighting and the time/weather effects. It's like those PES 2008 PS2 glitched hairstyle, with missing textures.

But the gameplay is really enjoying and it gave me that "one more match" feeling.

I played both my matches in handheld mode, so now i wait for tonight, to try it in docked mode on TV. 🙂

Haven't played the next-gen big boys, since FIFA 20, so can't hold a point of relevance to compare, but this one version for Switch plays really good, basic but good.

Really Shame that this game is burned down by professional reviewers and amateur fans, just because of its label, "Legacy Edition", with the same repeated reviews again and again, FIFA 18.5, FIFA 15.5, same game different kits, etc, etc...

Makes me want to jump in and call'em "potato heads". Ok maybe the game doesn't worth 40€, possibly i would say.

But it's a game built on a very solid base, and fine tuned year after year. I can't even assume if the intention if the dev team in EA behind this, is to create a concept of art every year, or they just want to "moneygrab".

But i can assure that the final result, is much more than satisfying. Started my traditional CM save with HSV in Bundesliga.2 .
Good comments man - and I agree, it really plays a good game of football. That's interesting you've found gameplay differences from 20 switch version. Most of us hadn't played the older ones, so good to hear that it's moved forwards.

How did you find playing it docked vs handheld?

That's because most reviewers aren't football game experts or are as passionate about the technical aspects of the games the way we are over here. They have no idea the Switch version actually plays a more realistic representation of football than the PS5 version. So it's easier just to be critical of it.
In some ways, it reminds me of the PS2 legacy versions of PES from 2008-2014. Most of the main dev team moves on with the current-gen development and perhaps skeleton staff and younger talent carry on experimenting with the legacy versions because no one's around to interfere or bother them. And they end up making something a little more passionate.

I picked this up as it was 17 quid and I needed a footy fix on the go.

It’s not bad at all although I can’t get a decent camera angle and on hand held everything feels tiny.

The only thing that lets it down is the pitches which feel like a blurred mess.

Good comments man - and I agree, it really plays a good game of football. That's interesting you've found gameplay differences from 20 switch version. Most of us hadn't played the older ones, so good to hear that it's moved forwards.

How did you find playing it docked vs handheld?
Hahaha... thanx dude. Yeah there are minor differences, with the previous version, always speaking about 2020 Legacy Edition, which i own too, can't speak about 2021-2022.

As for the docked vs handheld, there are not so dramatic differences, some mini-minor one. Not sure if it's due to technical issues, i am reading about handheld performing a little bit less inferior usually, cause it drains straight from battery, but i fell in handheld, either it is a LITTLE-LITTLE bit slower, or i am just more cautious when i play on handheld, in order to not damage the soft JoyCons.

In docked mode, graphics are "better" , you know given the SWITCH possibilities always, and while gaming, i produced more sliding moments. Of course sliding/gliding is a "legacy" issue of every FIFA in every platform AFAIK. Maybe it has to do also with the difference in sensitivity between JoyCon and Pro Controller. Joy-Con L-stick has a lot dead sector.

Now for the more detailed part, which i always pay some attention, as a semiologist:

Up :Champions League matches have a very different lighting and colours brightness etc, much more smooth and beautifull, in comparison to the the general visual presentation and graphics in Bundesliga, where i am playing. IIRC people have mentioned that the same applies for PS/XBOX versions, pitches and lighting varies from competition to competition.

Down: San Siro , which i assume was designed after the license of 2021, is very rushed/halfarsed implemented, the crowd, even the away fans, hold the coreo with the colous of the home team!!!:P And the bounds outside of the football field, are not implemented, meaning that, in any other stadium, when i mishit a ball, it hits the stand or the wall, back of the Goalpost, and bounces back. In San Siro, it passes through the walls and the adboards like a ghost. Not something dramatic, just a detail. :JAY:

That's because most reviewers aren't football game experts or are as passionate about the technical aspects of the games the way we are over here. They have no idea the Switch version actually plays a more realistic representation of football than the PS5 version. So it's easier just to be critical of it.

In some ways, it reminds me of the PS2 legacy versions of PES from 2008-2014. Most of the main dev team moves on with the current-gen development and perhaps skeleton staff and younger talent carry on experimenting with the legacy versions because no one's around to interfere or bother them. And they end up making something a little more passionate.
I am sure it's another PS2 PES 2008-2014 case. If you check in PPSSPP emulator, the same applies for the FIFA 06-14 for PSP, it used the 2005-2006 gameplay core for PC/PS2 as a base, with some minor imporvements here and there, and also IIRC in PSVITA, FIFA 15 is also legacy edition, of a version i do not know, maybe 2011, something like that.

Last edited:
I don’t really know how to record longer than 30 second clip on the Switch but I thought I’d post a few moments of gameplay which are quite nice.

I think you can see the flight of the ball is a little different to FIFA 16 here.

Here is a nice shot attempt from Odegaard

What’s your camera settings in the top video pal?

How can you sort pitch colour? It’s so washed out I can hardly see the ball! It’s like bleached green

How are you all doing, my fellow Nintendo Switch owners and FIFA 23: Legacy Edition players?

Attachments

• photo1688993142(2).jpeg
    photo1688993142(2).jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 56
  • camiseta-among-us-ha-um-impostor-entre-nos-serie.jpg
    camiseta-among-us-ha-um-impostor-entre-nos-serie.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 55
I watched the Switch FC 24 close beta video, unfortunately it looks like still 1v1 :TTTH:

Last edited:
I uploaded the attribdbgameplay file for the 18-23 Switch version, all version 1.00
data\attribdbgameplay\
Hopefully someone will make Gameplay Mod.
Also, cl.ini (for example "SKIP_BOOTFLOW=1") works, product.ini doesn't.

Attachments

• attribdbgameplay_FIFA Switch Version.rar
    243.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
this is not totally true anymore than the switch version uses fifagen4
the same engine as fifa 19 ps4
only that the option is not activated. ea has simply restricted the skills of the game. it is enough simply to exchange the attribdbgameplay files of fifa switch with that of fifa 19; fifa 20 or fifa 21 which are countable.
also if anyone has the fifa 23 attribdbgameplay version please share it if i am looking for it for a mod.
Already uploaded, #105

Last edited:
I think this is the right place to discuss about it. Since FIFA 23 on Switch is somewhat similar to pre-Frostbite era games, can someone who own this game dump/export files such as gameplay, camera, overlays and other stuff (probably .big files and such)? [I saw a lad posted gameplay files above]

I'm curious to see if these files can be applied in FIFA 16. Since the switch version already fixed the camera jerkiness (I assume?), we can try that in 16 or below to see what happens. This makes sense? I'm just curious like I said.

I'm tagging you guys: @papinho81 @Anth James @dontellmama

I think this is the right place to discuss about it. Since FIFA 23 on Switch is somewhat similar to pre-Frostbite era games, can someone who own this game dump/export files such as gameplay, camera, overlays and other stuff (probably .big files and such)? [I saw a lad posted gameplay files above]

I'm curious to see if these files can be applied in FIFA 16. Since the switch version already fixed the camera jerkiness (I assume?), we can try that in 16 or below to see what happens. This makes sense? I'm just curious like I said.

I'm tagging you guys: @papinho81 @Anth James @dontellmama
Interesting...how interesting it would be to understand how the fc24 version is on switches compared to the console and PC versions

Interesting...how interesting it would be to understand how the fc24 version is on switches compared to the console and PC versions
I assume it will be an "upgrade" to more modern standards, which will make critics, professional reviewers and journalists happy, but will destroy the beauty that the Legacy Edition development (Ignite gameplay preservation) created.

Just my feeling.

After play EA FC24, i miss Legacy Edition a lot. I only play Career Mode. Somehow i still finish first year with Barca in CM, but i feel boring right after that and stop play this game.
30FPS, but when on cutscene it feel even lower than that. It's affect a lot my experience, more than i imagined.
Slower and sluggy gameplay. Legacy Defend broken. Player seem like do ice-skating on field. I try tweak some setting and sliders, but nothing improve so i am back to default.
You can not capture 30s video. One of the thing i do most when play football game is capture highlights.

FIFA Legacy Edition on Switch is still the best way to play football game for me. 60FPS, balance gameplay between arcade and realisim. Capture image and 30s video is convienent (on FIFA 18 i found that some header highlight near goal post cause FPS drop).
I enjoy FIFA Legacy Edition it a lot. Thousand of images, videos capture and hundred hours play. I play all version from 18 and find something that make me want to go back to play each version:

FIFA 18: World Cup mode, also mini faces in World Cup are different than when in club. Gameplay is faster, even at Normal game speed, and a bit harder than other vesions. Sound of passing, shooting and ball collide with bar much clearer than other version.
FIFA 19: Neymar best face and hair. Best menu theme. Match visual is the best of all versions.
FIFA 20: EA Trax is the best of all versions. Sometimes i just open game and choose what song i want to play :))
FIFA 21: Last season Messi still in Barca :WORSHIP:
FIFA 22 and 23: I feel gameplay is improve a bit, maybe slower. Also new competition UEFA Conference League.

Last edited:
I play 19 is it worthy to upgrade? Which difficiulty is best? World class seems most realistic but bit easy. How about sliders?

Thx!

Have you guys tried to tinker with sliders in FIFA 23 Switch? Like many of you guys have said, it plays a really nice game of football, but I've made the following adjustments (playing on slow speed, semi)
- Lowered speed to 47, pass speed to 45, shot power to 48, goalkeepers to 49, run frequency to 35.
- Increased pass error to 55, shot error to 52, first touch control to 75.

I'm really liking the pacing and overall feel of the game, like @slamsoze mentioned!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom