FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

animations are still better than PES (alot more of'em) just moves to fast. By the time EA slows there animations and game speed down PES will have animations like these (maybe 2040).......:BY:

I'm getting PES and FIFA because i want to see which games worth $60...:)

No really i haven't bought FIFA sense 13. So i'll give it a go. I might enjoy it if i get better skilled at it. I just want to defend.......But i think i'll probably just regret it later.:LOL:

Last edited:
same identical cage nets of fifa17-16-15-14 etc

NET FREAK POST ALERT......

Granted there could be a little more movement, but it is refreshing to see them look a little more realistic with the shape etc.

It would be good if they could give us the option of 2 or 3 stanchions to hold up the net.

Positioning looks a lot better in the videos I have seen so far, as does the tempo of the game. Just wish they would weigh the ball out more.

For me, if you want to play football the right way, FIFA allows you to do that, unfortunately there will always be those that want to exploit the flaws.

It's all about what you decide to take out of the game for your own personal experience.

Any news on Career Mode yet?

Yes the career mode is to get a massive overhaul and become realistic..

There will be no more Man City selling all their players to Munich and PSG so they always finish Mid Table.
Competition rules will be fixed, as EA are embarrassed that FM get them right every year, even when there are massive changes.
Every football team will now play like their real life counterparts, Wycombe will kick every player and roll around the floor faking injuries for 85 minutes after taking an early 1 goal lead.
West Brom will play long direct balls and take advantage, by scoring every other set piece.
Football Manager tactics will be introduced, so when you design your tactics to suite your players and style of play, every little details selected will actually make a difference rather than none at all.
Introduction of Legends will be available to buy for real money in the transfer market.
Wonderkids will actually exist in the game, so a player who has a potential of 90-95 will no longer be rated as 46 when signed as a 17 year old.
Fantasy kits will also be introduced so from season 3 you will be able to build a kit using templates, this is in 10 years time your not wearing the same shirts.
Clubs will receive buy outs, massively increasing the teams playing budget - this does not include Sheffield Wednesday.
Ultimate Soccer Manager stadium management will also be introduced, so you can use your transfer budget to improve the club stadium.
When simulating training you will receive ratings based on your clubs training facilities rating, rather than a D or F dependant on how the CPU feels at the time.

Any other suggestions on improvements please email:-
wedontgiveafuckaboutcareermodecositmakesusnomoney@weonlycareaboutkiddiesspendingtheirparentsmoneyonultimateteam@eadontcare.com

Well, it depends on one's preference.

Me, for example, likes to play games on full assisted. Because I play with Keyboard and when I use gamepad, I use the D-pad of Dual shock controller. And manual iskinda impossible with dpad and keyboard.

I hope that explains why some people stil uses assisted and why assisted settings should stay as optional.

It's only my opinion but I think you are missing a whole lot of possibilities by playing keyboard, d-pad, full assisted.
This is how I started PES5/6, but once I got the hang of the game and got familiar about the big control possibilities I got a gamepad and never looked back.

As soon as games started to offer manual and assisted was too easy I switched to manual and also never looked back.
I also force my friends to play full manual when we are doing offline multiplayer.

I'm far from being pro, full manual on professional gives me a decent challenge.

Anyhow good to have everybody here and important is to enjoy the games and make them better.

There will be no more Man City selling all their players to Munich and PSG so they always finish Mid Table.
Competition rules will be fixed, as EA are embarrassed that FM get them right every year, even when there are massive changes.
Every football team will now play like their real life counterparts, Wycombe will kick every player and roll around the floor faking injuries for 85 minutes after taking an early 1 goal lead.
West Brom will play long direct balls and take advantage, by scoring every other set piece.
Football Manager tactics will be introduced, so when you design your tactics to suite your players and style of play, every little details selected will actually make a difference rather than none at all.
Introduction of Legends will be available to buy for real money in the transfer market.
Wonderkids will actually exist in the game, so a player who has a potential of 90-95 will no longer be rated as 46 when signed as a 17 year old.
Fantasy kits will also be introduced so from season 3 you will be able to build a kit using templates, this is in 10 years time your not wearing the same shirts.
Clubs will receive buy outs, massively increasing the teams playing budget - this does not include Sheffield Wednesday.
Ultimate Soccer Manager stadium management will also be introduced, so you can use your transfer budget to improve the club stadium.
When simulating training you will receive ratings based on your clubs training facilities rating, rather than a D or F dependant on how the CPU feels at the time.

wedontgiveafuckaboutcareermodecositmakesusnomoney@weonlycareaboutkiddiesspendingtheirparentsmoneyonultimateteam@eadontcare.com

That's the longest sarcasm post I've ever seen. :p

It's only my opinion but I think you are missing a whole lot of possibilities by playing keyboard, d-pad, full assisted.
This is how I started PES5/6, but once I got the hang of the game and got familiar about the big control possibilities I got a gamepad and never looked back.

As soon as games started to offer manual and assisted was too easy I switched to manual and also never looked back.
I also force my friends to play full manual when we are doing offline multiplayer.

I'm far from being pro, full manual on professional gives me a decent challenge.

Anyhow good to have everybody here and important is to enjoy the games and make them better.
I am missing nothing. I tried using analogue sticks for 3 years straight and filled myself with more frustrations. Because I just dont feel comfortable for analogue sticks.

Using keyboard feels more comfortable to me. And when I use gamepad, I need the clicky dpads.

So yeah, I am not missing anything. The assisted settings does its job just fine.

FIFA 180

:LMAO::LMAO:priceless!

its poor coding and a lack of balanced mentalities .. cpu go all out attack in the 45min

google translate from an italian link..fox sport

FIFA 18, no Super League. And EA Sports: "The momentum does not exist"
The Chinese league is not available on the new version, to confirm the gameplay of the title producer, Sam Rivera: "There is not enough time for the licenses."

Every day that passes is keenly awaiting the release of FIFA 18 . Accomplices also the innovations that are revealed by the creators of the most popular game in the world, who occasionally adds a piece to that - is to be expected - will be the 'puzzle' best-selling on the planet.

Dall ' inclusion of Legends to the second chapter of Alex Hunter Travel . But not only. These days it is very spoken of the championships available on the new version of the game: from Serie A to the Premier League, the Bundes Liga.

While there will be no Super League: despite the interest shown by the developers of FIFA 18 , EA Sports has bought the licenses of the Chinese league. If you want to use the Hulk, Oscar, Tevez, Lavezzi Pellè and you'll have to opt for national, for the clubs it is still early.

There will be the most important leagues in the world: those in Europe and some extras. But nothing Super League. There was no time to obtain necessary licenses for the development of Chinese competition. To confirm it is the gameplay of the title producer, Sam Rivera:

Our intention with FIFA is to bring the best leagues in the world. Yes, we thought about the Chinese league, but for now the Super League will not be included in FIFA 18 .

We have a large dedicated team is always working on licensing, but it takes an inevitable process that must be followed.

Fans around the world expected us, there is growing curiosity about the Super League. And if other samples should follow the road in the East, the EA Sports might seriously consider the possibility to enter the Chinese league in the next game titles. To begin with - why not - as FIFA 19.

The momentum does not exist (WHAT?)

In addition to Rivera, even Matt Prior, creative director of the series, said some aspects of the game. The bone of contention? The famous 'momentum' . Anyone who has played FIFA knows it: it is of algorithms that go to affect the smooth unfolding of the games. But according to Prior's no plot, the explanation is simpler than expected:

There really is something that makes scripted matches? I assure you that there is absolutely nothing. It's just football, are the situations that happen in this sport. There is the probability of error is governed by algorithms, for example the stop. It is something inherent in the game, but it's all based on the individual level. He does not consider that you are to cover 1 0-90 ', and maybe this will induce error.

It can happen at any time. Many of these aspects are regulated by the statistics, other fatigue. If a player is exhausted, he makes mistakes. There are a lot of factors to take into account, but it's just football.

You have to put your heart at peace, then. Although it remains the subject of much discussion - in some cases can lead to the breakdown of old friendships - an element of unpredictability remains. You do not just have to enjoy the beauty of the game.

google translate from an italian link..fox sport

FIFA 18, no Super League. And EA Sports: "The momentum does not exist"
The Chinese league is not available on the new version, to confirm the gameplay of the title producer, Sam Rivera: "There is not enough time for the licenses."

Every day that passes is keenly awaiting the release of FIFA 18 . Accomplices also the innovations that are revealed by the creators of the most popular game in the world, who occasionally adds a piece to that - is to be expected - will be the 'puzzle' best-selling on the planet.

Dall ' inclusion of Legends to the second chapter of Alex Hunter Travel . But not only. These days it is very spoken of the championships available on the new version of the game: from Serie A to the Premier League, the Bundes Liga.

While there will be no Super League: despite the interest shown by the developers of FIFA 18 , EA Sports has bought the licenses of the Chinese league. If you want to use the Hulk, Oscar, Tevez, Lavezzi Pellè and you'll have to opt for national, for the clubs it is still early.

There will be the most important leagues in the world: those in Europe and some extras. But nothing Super League. There was no time to obtain necessary licenses for the development of Chinese competition. To confirm it is the gameplay of the title producer, Sam Rivera:

Our intention with FIFA is to bring the best leagues in the world. Yes, we thought about the Chinese league, but for now the Super League will not be included in FIFA 18 .

We have a large dedicated team is always working on licensing, but it takes an inevitable process that must be followed.

Fans around the world expected us, there is growing curiosity about the Super League. And if other samples should follow the road in the East, the EA Sports might seriously consider the possibility to enter the Chinese league in the next game titles. To begin with - why not - as FIFA 19.

The momentum does not exist (WHAT?)

In addition to Rivera, even Matt Prior, creative director of the series, said some aspects of the game. The bone of contention? The famous 'momentum' . Anyone who has played FIFA knows it: it is of algorithms that go to affect the smooth unfolding of the games. But according to Prior's no plot, the explanation is simpler than expected:

There really is something that makes scripted matches? I assure you that there is absolutely nothing. It's just football, are the situations that happen in this sport. There is the probability of error is governed by algorithms, for example the stop. It is something inherent in the game, but it's all based on the individual level. He does not consider that you are to cover 1 0-90 ', and maybe this will induce error.

It can happen at any time. Many of these aspects are regulated by the statistics, other fatigue. If a player is exhausted, he makes mistakes. There are a lot of factors to take into account, but it's just football.

You have to put your heart at peace, then. Although it remains the subject of much discussion - in some cases can lead to the breakdown of old friendships - an element of unpredictability remains. You do not just have to enjoy the beauty of the game.

EA, please explain how a player from Skybet runs through my whole defense at the 90th minute and score a goal whereas players like Hazard, Sanchez, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar are mostly invisible?

LOL. Sure.
Like he was going to say "Yeah, we script the hell out of the game to make it more challenging".

I hope to see something unique about skills in FIFA 18,
some players should execute some skill moves more easily than the rest of players
Pele should do Panna, sombrero and No touch dribble easily more than other players just like in real life.
Ronaldo Fenomeno should do step over, Panna ... etc
EA can use semi-automatic or even fully-automatic trigger for this
So, if you have a unique player you should learn how to use him properly, and your opponent should learn how to stop him.. like in real life.

Last edited:
Man... I've just seen many FIFA 18 videos and it looks awful. Players are moving worse than ever. Running and sprinting animations on the ball are disgusting. I'm so disappointed!
FIFA used to be the boss at animations. WTF Happened? Ever since Rutter was gone, they are going downhill!.

Even Ronaldo which looks awesome overall has this weird animation when running of the ball. It looks amazing when he's making a run into space but it looks disgusting when he's just running to press an opponent.

Are you guys really looking forward to this? Or is it just the lesser of two evils?.

I hope to see something unique about skills in FIFA 18,
some players should execute some skill moves more easily than the rest of players
Pele should do Panna, sombrero and No touch dribble easily more than other players just like in real life.
Ronaldo Fenomeno should do step over, Panna ... etc
EA can use semi-automatic or even fully-automatic trigger for this
So, if you have a unique player you should learn how to use him properly, and your opponent should learn how to stop him.. like in real life.

Not a bad idea, but how about toning it down. I believe in fifa 17 you have between 30 and 40 skill moves.
Where is the realism in that?

I like your idea, to give signature moves to certain players. I'd like to have only 2 or 3 - simple - skill moves only. It then depends on the player rating how successfull and/or fast they can pull it off.

I know fifa is never going to do this, just watch the online matches. It basically 1 skilled player vs another one.
Has nothing to do with football, just who is the most skilled in skills :P

I'm 48, have slow reaction speed, every time i try to do a skill i either end up handing the ball to the cpu, or running it over the side line.
I don't play online although it would be nice to do so against likeminded people.

I am not excited whatsoever with this FIFA after I saw some videos. Yet again I see clones running around all influenced by the hidden magical code that is scripting. Scripting will decide which one of those clones will perform and which one don't. Basically they just put skin on the same AI for every player. Kinda cheap but that is EA for you.

Any news about new Icons?
Pele, Maradona, R9, Yashin, are the biggest icons in the history of the game...
They need to add some names if they want to complete the collection:
Cruyff - Di Stefano - Eusebio - Puskas - Garrincha - Zidane - Platini- Charlton - Sivori - Romario - Baggio - Ronaldinho - Gerd Muller
Some of them has already appeared in previews FIFA's like:
Zico - Becenbauer - Best - Van Basten - Rivelino - Maldini - Barisi - Gullit ... etc

I am not excited whatsoever with this FIFA after I saw some videos. Yet again I see clones running around all influenced by the hidden magical code that is scripting. Scripting will decide which one of those clones will perform and which one don't. Basically they just put skin on the same AI for every player. Kinda cheap but that is EA for you.

Even the sliders can't fix the rotten AI, It's a broken game where you are playing against EA instead of your opponent.

Even the sliders can't fix the rotten AI, It's a broken game where you are playing against EA instead of your opponent.
Shez, out of interest, do you actually play football games now?

I don't think I've ever seen you say something positive about one... :LOL:

I'm looking forward to more videos ..enjoying 17 with sliders after 8 months of pes
Me too, got to admit. It's painful, though, to think of how much better it would be if Frostbite hadn't been introduced. The videos of 18 don't look great, and the less-than-glowing previews don't fill me with confidence either (that Eurogamer one that says "not entirely convincing" sticks in my mind)...

I'm sure it'll be an improvement but I don't think they'll be able to pulverise the Frostbite code into something that suits football for another year yet, and that really worries me.

Frostbite is EA's FOX ENGINE.
Took Konami a good 3 years to start getting to grips with, but now it seems they can do whatever they want to.
I think it might be a similar case. I feel EA is wasting two very precious years (with FIFA 17 and now FIFA 18) because of the move to Frostbite, but once they feel comfortable with it, it could make a magnificent difference. Perhaps they are working on something in the background that we don't even know of.

Back
Top Bottom