FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

A quick question: what is according to you the best way to have multiple FIFA16 patches installed at the same time?
By having multiple FIFA 16 installations, each consists of different patches. When you wish to play with one patch, just rename it to match the original FIFA 16 folder name. Do the same for others when you wish to play them. That's the simplest way, I suppose.

Hi all, after lurking for ages, I’ve finally pulled the trigger and purchased a key for the game (38 euros from CDKeys if anyone is wondering, still somewhat reasonable for a long delisted and super scarce key nowadays).

Very excited to get stuck in, and I’m shocked by how well the game plays and looks on an initial play through as is. Though, the huge depth in available (and up to date!) mods is also very exciting.

Now I’m keen to try the 1.00 EXE, though have a few questions after reading the last 100+ pages of posts. So far, this is what I’ve ascertained as the steps, please let me know if I’ve missed anything or misinterpreted:

1. Install the game and run it at least once, then put Origin/EA App in offline mode.
2. Download the full 1.00 FIFA 16 folder.
3. Rename your existing FIFA 16 folder to something else (e.g C:/Program Files/Origin Games/FIFA 16 1.07 Backup).
4. Copy the 1.00 FIFA 16 folder into the same place as above and make sure it is named FIFA 16 (e.g. C:/Program Files/Origin Games/FIFA 16).
5. Delete existing /_Installer folder within the 1.00 FIFA 16 folder and replace with the /_Installer folder from Anth’s 1.00 Fix shared here (which I believe has been extracted from 1.01 and sorts out an issue with Origin/EA App that otherwises prevents the FIFA 16 1.00 EXE from running).
6. Delete the current FIFA 16 save/settings folder in Documents.
7. Run the game.

Some questions:
- I’ve found the 1.00 Fix files shared via working links in this thread quite easily, but the full 1.00 folder download links all seem to be down, except for DevPlay’s ‘Super Deluxe’ version. Is this Super Deluxe version an untouched, vanilla 1.00 folder or has it been premodded in some way? If premodded, I would be grateful if someone could reupload the vanilla folder (which I believe Anth had previously been sharing a little while ago)?
- Confirmation that there is no need to run regeneration to get 1.00 working? As we aren’t adding new/unlinked non-EA files to the 1.00 Folder, doesn’t seem like it would be required but there are some posts that indicate otherwise.
- Is FIP 6.2 and/or the Moddingway patch fully compatible with the 1.00 EXE?
- Where does one download Cheat Engine and the associated FIFA 16 cheat tables that work with 1.00 (and 1.07)?
- Is there anyway to modify the soundtrack with your own songs (and have them show up in game with album art like the built in songs etc.)?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the length of this post!

Last edited:
Hi all, after lurking for ages, I’ve finally pulled the trigger and purchased a key for the game (38 euros from CDKeys if anyone is wondering, still somewhat reasonable for a long delisted and super scarce key nowadays).

Very excited to get stuck in, and I’m shocked by how well the game plays and looks on an initial play through as is. Though, the huge depth in available (and up to date!) mods is also very exciting.

Now I’m keen to try the 1.00 EXE, though have a few questions after reading the last 100+ pages of posts. So far, this is what I’ve ascertained as the steps, please let me know if I’ve missed anything or misinterpreted:

1. Install the game and run it at least once, then put Origin/EA App in offline mode.
2. Download the full 1.00 FIFA 16 folder.
3. Rename your existing FIFA 16 folder to something else (e.g C:/Program Files/Origin Games/FIFA 16 1.07 Backup).
4. Copy the 1.00 FIFA 16 folder into the same place as above and make sure it is named FIFA 16 (e.g. C:/Program Files/Origin Games/FIFA 16).
5. Delete existing /_Installer folder within the 1.00 FIFA 16 folder and replace with the /_Installer folder from Anth’s 1.00 Fix shared here (which I believe has been extracted from 1.01 and sorts out an issue with Origin/EA App that otherwises prevents the FIFA 16 1.00 EXE from running).
6. Delete the current FIFA 16 save/settings folder in Documents.
7. Run the game.
Hello there, hopefully you will get a great experience playing this beautiful game.

Upto 4 points are correct. You don't have to delete exisiting _Installer folder or do anything if you are already using v1.00 full folder. 6th point is just optional. Nothing happens even if you don't delete those folders.
- I’ve found the 1.00 Fix files shared via working links in this thread quite easily, but the full 1.00 folder download links all seem to be down, except for DevPlay’s ‘Super Deluxe’ version. Is this Super Deluxe version an untouched, vanilla 1.00 folder or has it been premodded in some way? If premodded, I would be grateful if someone could reupload the vanilla folder (which I believe Anth had previously been sharing a little while ago)?
Well, my "Super Deluxe Version" file that I shared here is fully clean v1.00 [untouched]. Just use this as your main FIFA 16 files, so that, you can have full v1.00 version. :)
- Confirmation that there is no need to run regeneration to get 1.00 working? As we aren’t adding new/unlinked non-EA files to the 1.00 Folder, doesn’t seem like it would be required but there are some posts that indicate otherwise.
No need to regenerate v1.00 unless you add mods.
- Is FIP 6.2 and/or the Moddingway patch fully compatible with the 1.00 EXE?
I don't know about Moddingway Patch. But I do know about FIP and it's fully compatible with v1.00 (I used v5, v5.1, v5.2, v6, v6.1 and v6.2)
- Where does one download Cheat Engine and the associated FIFA 16 cheat tables that work with 1.00 (and 1.07)?
Use Cheat Engine if you're interested in using @Anth James Ball Physics mod which can be found here: Link to his thread
I'll attach my Cheat Engine folder here, so that, you don't have to fiddle with their installer (which has some bloatware installers and all): Link
- Is there anyway to modify the soundtrack with your own songs (and have them show up in game with album art like the built in songs etc.)?
I think you can add your own songs. I saw some tools to add or edit those somewhere, I couldn't remember. It's not an easy process though.

If you're are going to play Career mode, I would suggest you to use some files which are going to make your career mode experience even better! (like the transfers, scouting, finance, training drills and all that stuff). Credits to @Topaz, I'll attach them below (add this after you install FIP).

Attachments

• Career Mode Mod [Topaz].7z
    37.7 KB · Views: 25
I've been playing with @Anth James' Version B mod with speeder 0.94 or 0.95 and I've really enjoyed it! (Also combined with some personal sliders which increase pass error and also pushes Side Backs a bit more forward). Brilliant game, very challenging yet fair in Legendary!

I will definitely be using Career Mode mod whenever I start a story! Thanks @Topaz and @DevPlays :)

Hello there, hopefully you will get a great experience playing this beautiful game.

Upto 4 points are correct. You don't have to delete exisiting _Installer folder or do anything if you are already using v1.00 full folder. 6th point is just optional. Nothing happens even if you don't delete those folders.

Well, my "Super Deluxe Version" file that I shared here is fully clean v1.00 [untouched]. Just use this as your main FIFA 16 files, so that, you can have full v1.00 version. :)

I don't know about Moddingway Patch. But I do know about FIP and it's fully compatible with v1.00 (I used v5, v5.1, v5.2, v6, v6.1 and v6.2)

Use Cheat Engine if you're interested in using @Anth James Ball Physics mod which can be found here: Link to his thread
I'll attach my Cheat Engine folder here, so that, you don't have to fiddle with their installer (which has some bloatware installers and all): Link

I think you can add your own songs. I saw some tools to add or edit those somewhere, I couldn't remember. It's not an easy process though.

If you're are going to play Career mode, I would suggest you to use some files which are going to make your career mode experience even better! (like the transfers, scouting, finance, training drills and all that stuff). Credits to @Topaz, I'll attach them below (add this after you install FIP).
Is this career mod increase IA's transfers (minimum 2+ engaged players for teams per years)? I use career mod by chris and it seems that they are still poor

Managed to figure out how to add your own soundtrack, but you weren't wrong, it is difficult and time consuming. Not worth the effort imo (compared to just using Spotify in the background), the 3 songs I added as a test was super cumbersome to do, let alone a full 40+ playlist.

It requires the use of a range of programs to prep music and album art to the exact encoding/image sizes required by the game, and then the use of a very buggy but ultimately functional mod tool ("FIFAMOD" from the Soccergaming forums) to import them into the game (with some additional DB work for the playlist).

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    620.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I've put together a tutorial (not noob friendly, rather complicated/cumbersome if you're new to modding) for anyone interested in giving this a go:

Import Custom Soundtrack

Music Encoding: Goldwave (https://goldwave.ca/download.php?file=gw)
Album Art: Paint.NET (https://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html)
Game Import: FIFAMOD (https://www.mediafire.com/file/rfexg5p4hetmtq8/FIFAMOD.zip/file)

1. Gather all of your music files.
2. Open one by one in Goldwave and convert (via Save As function, and picking correct MP3 encoding setting via 'Attributes' button once .mp3 is selected as save file type) to MP3 44100Hz 256kb Stereo (important, otherwise the song will not play in game).
3. Download album art for each song, open in Paint.Net, resize to 256x256, save as DDS, BC3/DXT5 format.
4. Open FIFAMOD as Administrator, using W7 compatibility mode, import one music file into Songbank, enter Song Name, Artist, Album, Save Song Details, close program. Don't click to try and edit album art, as it is bugged, you cannot edit/import in FIFAMOD without a weird Windows error (workaround for album art is step 8).
5. Reopen FIFAMOD to repeat step 4 for the next file (FIFAMOD is bugged and can't seem to import more than one file at a time without bugging out, closing/reopening is a workaround).
6. Once all songs are in Songbank, assign to different slots in Playlist (don't do more than 59, otherwise you *may* have issues with them all showing up in game).
7. Press Apply Playlist to FIFA (this converts your song list into sbr/sbs files that are copied by FIFAMOD to audiodata/eatrax in your FIFA 16 folder, it will also place empty album art for each song in data/ui/imgassets/eatrax that you will rectify in next step).
8. Open FIFAMOD and look at the playlist - each song number incremented forward by 1 (i.e Track 20 is actually eatrax21.dds) is the number you need to use for the name of the album art. Rename your song's associated album art file from step 3 to eatraxXX.dds (i.e. replace XX with Track number + 1) and copy/replace the existing file (which was placed by FIFAMOD and is an image of empty album art) in data/ui/imgassets/eatrax).
9. Open your game DB in DB Master (you may need to extract your default game DB using CG File Explorer if you don't have a DB already in data/db), and use Import Single Table to import songplaylistlinks and eatrax tables that you will find prefilled in your FIFAMOD/tables folder.
10. Regenerate BH using CG File Explorer
11. Play game and enjoy new music in game.

Managed to figure out how to add your own soundtrack, but you weren't wrong, it is difficult and time consuming. Not worth the effort imo (compared to just using Spotify in the background), the 3 songs I added as a test was super cumbersome to do, let alone a full 40+ playlist.

It requires the use of a range of programs to prep music and album art to the exact encoding/image sizes required by the game, and then the use of a very buggy but ultimately functional mod tool ("FIFAMOD" from the Soccergaming forums) to import them into the game (with some additional DB work for the playlist).
Yeah, I played with this tool last year and decided not to do anything since it was a lot of hassle. Good luck doing your custom soundtrack.

Thanks for sharing your Cheat Engine folder I finally got anth'James physics ball working. I tried 1.7 with speedhack, which version do you recommend for a better gaming experience? like cl.ini, can you recommend one to me or can I even do without it? the only negative thing is the shots I can never get on target but the game changes clearly. Thank you

a question how do you install the career mod folder?

Use clementine remote mate, i posted about it time ago but i cant find that comment anymore. In this way you can play whatever audio file from your pc by your phone in game

Thanks for sharing your Cheat Engine folder I finally got anth'James physics ball working. I tried 1.7 with speedhack, which version do you recommend for a better gaming experience? like cl.ini, can you recommend one to me or can I even do without it? the only negative thing is the shots I can never get on target but the game changes clearly. Thank you

a question how do you install the career mod folder?
If you're on v1.00 build of FIFA 16, then you cannot use v1.07 version of the Ball Physics. v1.00 and v1.07 are for different builds. Option A and B are the variants of Ball Physics. So, choose accordingly. I don't use any cl.ini lines for gameplay tweaks.

To install career mod folder, just open the package, copy the data folder to your game folder, then regenerate the files (bh).

Thank you all, I've got 1.00 working via Origin with version B of the Ball Physics, and it is playing spectacularly well. Can't believe how human and realistic the gameplay is, the game, ball and movement speed is perfect, the responsive controls are awesome and every game is a joy to play, particularly in the lower divisions!

Thank you all, I've got 1.00 working via Origin with version B of the Ball Physics, and it is playing spectacularly well. Can't believe how human and realistic the gameplay is, the game, ball and movement speed is perfect, the responsive controls are awesome and every game is a joy to play, particularly in the lower divisions!
IMG_4246.gif
im happy for you mate! It’s such a great sim! 🥳💪

I have a portable version of Cheat Engine if someone need it for ball physics

Has anyone figured out how to launch the game in widescreen?

sorry where is possible to download v1.00?
Really needs a sticky - post #8642 has a working link, where @DevPlays generously uploaded the full 1.0 folder to Google Drive, see below:

Well, I uninstalled FIFA 16 2 days ago, I fed up with frequent crash in career mode (I even started again). Enough is enough. I really enjoyed this game and I'm forced to quit this due to this annoying crashes, which is a shame😑.

I've backed up the 1.0 version on my Google Drive, in case I re-visit it in the future and hopefully I won't get any crashes. If anybody is interested to download it, you can download it from here :) :- Click Me!

Last but not least, thank you very much @Topaz mate for gifting me the game key to play it and all the lads here who helped/suggested me in various forms to use mods etc. See ya down the road (hopefully). :BYE:

Anyone else tried Rinaldo app RFS (https://sites.google.com/view/thefootballmaster/home-page)?

The app design is a bit rough (certainly will become more ergonomic with time) but the whole universe it opens is crazy. There is so many leagues simulated realistically in parallel. You can check every game summary, tables summary.
You can be part (or watch CPUs) of any game. Let's say you are the coach of Rodez FC in French ligue2 and you see the CL final is a team you don't hate against PSG. You can play with the other team to try as hard as you can to prevent PSG from getting the trophy in their cabinet (or just watch it if it is your thing). It has all the qualification rounds for every competition that is playable (road to world cup etc...).
Players stats are dynamical and depends on their performances (not only), so you are never sure how good the team you will play against will be.
Transfers are much more realistic and every team sign players (could be a bit improved in terms of the frequency). For your team, you have to set the position and type of player you target, then realistic options are offered to you based on the criteria you set. Players OVR are not visible so you better know the player (season statistics) and the market value is more or less the only indicator you have otherwise.
There is a possibility to generate new kit for every new season (a bit limited at the moment).
Etc...

Somehow, I feel much more engaged in my career since I am using the tool, even though it is still very much in development process.
Hello friend can you tell me what this RFS software does? is there a need to add the FIP patch or is the RFS software already complete in terms of team and workforce updates? I think I'll install it soon...I spent some time recently installing virtuared + UML on pes 21 but despite all the gameplay patches after a while playing against the IA is boring..especially when we tasted the IA of fifa 16

Hello friend can you tell me what this RFS software does? is there a need to add the FIP patch or is the RFS software already complete in terms of team and workforce updates? I think I'll install it soon...I spent some time recently installing virtuared + UML on pes 21 but despite all the gameplay patches after a while playing against the IA is boring..especially when we tasted the IA of fifa 16

RFS is a game on itself. It is a sort of rather very limited manager type of game where you can play or watch your games inside FIFA 16. It is limited in terms of management tasks but it already offers much more than the career mode. It has a gigantic database that I believe is quite up to date in its last version, where you can see the stat summary of every match but you can also take part or watch any game. It is a standalone but I would recommend getting kits and players face from elsewhere (fip for the kit).

RFS is a game on itself. It is a sort of rather very limited manager type of game where you can play or watch your games inside FIFA 16. It is limited in terms of management tasks but it already offers much more than the career mode. It has a gigantic database that I believe is quite up to date in its last version, where you can see the stat summary of every match but you can also take part or watch any game. It is a standalone but I would recommend getting kits and players face from elsewhere (fip for the kit).
ok thank you for your feedback, for the addition of face and kit I can copy and paste files that I already have on a copy of fifa 16 with the fip patch?

Back
Top Bottom