FIFA 13

Cant believe they havent got some protactics header in the 5 improvements. Didnt pes have this since the 11 edition? One of the biggest, if not THE biggest improvement to be made imo. Its all very well improving the attacking AI, but if that goes for every team it becomes meaningless. Still early so hopefully they can come up with some more improvements.

Protactics headers? Never heard of them for Fifa or in PES?. You must realise that the 5 things listed is not from EA but from a website....i'd be surprised if EA were only focussing on 5 improvements.

I assume Tik meant the PES formation and tactics screens.

I reckon EA are pushing these as their big 5, just as it was the big 3 last year. Doesn't mean other changes aren't underway, just that these are the ones that they want to talk about as stage 1 of their marketing campaign.

If the formation screens don't get reworked I'll be speechless.

Im with you would love to see them better butI thought Rutter said a couple of years back maybe even just last year they cant change them due to all EA Sports games menu's being all the same design? ie: Rutter did not have the authority to do it?

Last edited:
Im with you would love to see them better butI thought Rutter said a couple of years back maybe even just last year they cant change them due to all EA Sports games menu's being all the same design? ie: Rutter did not have the authority to do it?

ITs true they are same in all EA sports titles, NHL, FIFA etc... So may be right sadly?

They do share the same menu and interface tech, yes. But FIFA pretty much is EA Sports. They probably outsell every other EA Sports title combined.

All it takes is for the FIFA team to pay the interface department to create something specific to the formations screen, just as the Ultimate Team screens are specific to FIFA and the Euro 2012 Expedition mode interface is exclusive to Euro 2012 etc.

ITs true they are same in all EA sports titles, NHL, FIFA etc... So may be right sadly?

Yeah im sure im right and Rutter said that but it was a while ago and Rom is alot more in the know with EA than myself so if he thinks they can change them this year then i reckon there is a good chance of it happening.

This pics are fake and from PC version of FIFA 12 !! EA change every year they scoreboards, name-bars and power-bars ... All from this pics are absolute like FIFA 12. Just some site release it to make more popularity and traffic for money .

I assume Tik meant the PES formation and tactics screens.

I reckon EA are pushing these as their big 5, just as it was the big 3 last year. Doesn't mean other changes aren't underway, just that these are the ones that they want to talk about as stage 1 of their marketing campaign.

I prayed for goal celbration too get reworked. this cpu's constant hug celebration is :YAWN:

This pics are fake and from PC version of FIFA 12 !! EA change every year they scoreboards, name-bars and power-bars ... All from this pics are absolute like FIFA 12. Just some site release it to make more popularity and traffic for money .
You are wrong, those are just beta screens, it's just Fifa 12 with new added specific faces like Sanchez, Messi and Di Maria. These are definitly not fake screens and off course not PC, you can see that those screens lack AA, so they are not PC. It's much to early to expect to see any new scoreboards or stuff like that :D

You are wrong, those are just beta screens, it's just Fifa 12 with new added specific faces like Sanchez, Messi and Di Maria. These are definitly not fake screens and off course not PC, you can see that those screens lack AA, so they are not PC.

Whole article was taken down, so I doubt they were "that" fake ;).

Plus they were from EA Showcase, which means early stage. ;)

Protactics headers? Never heard of them for Fifa or in PES?. You must realise that the 5 things listed is not from EA but from a website....i'd be surprised if EA were only focussing on 5 improvements.

Lmao, you could imagine a similar mistake happening during the concept phase at ea hq. "So john, what are we going to have as our 5th header in our presentation." "I was thinking the new ProTactics would be..." Rutter comes in, "Guys great idea, it will complement our attacking AI, ProTactics Heading". :P

When I get Fifa I love it for a few days then find I'm not playing it or not missing not playing it.
The game looks great has 99% of licences etc but I just don't play more than 2 or 3 games without getting bored.
Every team plays the same so every game you have is the same.
Id like them to focus on how teams play in real life. For example Stoke playing long ball, Bolton blowing leads and holding on etc.
Online is great though. Never have any lag problems and it's easy to set up a match.

Last edited:
"Complete Dribble"? The title sounds good, the description sounds awful. So you can't dribble by changing direction?

Judging by that video posted on the last page, I suspect it means they'll be even more emphasis on pirouettes and flicks that you see probably once in about 100 games in real life....

Seriously one of the worst aspects of the early FIFAs were on being able to beat a man without some obnoxious move.

You are wrong, those are just beta screens, it's just Fifa 12 with new added specific faces like Sanchez, Messi and Di Maria. These are definitly not fake screens and off course not PC, you can see that those screens lack AA, so they are not PC. It's much to early to expect to see any new scoreboards or stuff like that :D

Where is Di Maria`s new face?

I was just thinking, what if Complete Dribbling meant a new control method where the left stick no longer controls player movement but rather the direction he's facing; you'd have to hold the trigger to make him dribble forward.

It'd be bonkers, I know. :p

I hope by complete they mean that players cannot turn on a dime. Momentum implementation perhaps?

Fantastic new screen here...

fifa-13.jpg

Judging by that video posted on the last page, I suspect it means they'll be even more emphasis on pirouettes and flicks that you see probably once in about 100 games in real life....

Seriously one of the worst aspects of the early FIFAs were on being able to beat a man without some obnoxious move.

Yeah I was just thinking that the other night. On FIFA you can only really beat a player with pace or with a trick. Hardly ever, if ever, through a shift in body weight or a subtle move.

Let's face it, FIFA has looked good for a while now, graphics wise and animations wise but they haven't even looked at touching the core gameplay weaknesses. I want momentum/inertia in the game EA - not 10 new faces!!!!:RANT:

Yeah I was just thinking that the other night. On FIFA you can only really beat a player with pace or with a trick. Hardly ever, if ever, through a shift in body weight or a subtle move.

Let's face it, FIFA has looked good for a while now, graphics wise and animations wise but they haven't even looked at touching the core gameplay weaknesses. I want momentum/inertia in the game EA - not 10 new faces!!!!:RANT:

This is exactly right Calcio, and it's THE main reason I simply CANNOT stomach FIFA any more. Until they introduce momentum/inertia across the board for CPU and player, I'm not touching it. You can have all the lovely animations and graphics under the sun, with nice passing and shooting, but these natural laws of physics and motion have to be brought into the game. For me, it's a game breaker, regardless of slider sets.

This is exactly right Calcio, and it's THE main reason I simply CANNOT stomach FIFA any more. Until they introduce momentum/inertia across the board for CPU and player, I'm not touching it. You can have all the lovely animations and graphics under the sun, with nice passing and shooting, but these natural laws of physics and motion have to be brought into the game. For me, it's a game breaker, regardless of slider sets.
But you can stomach the awful on rails mess that is PES 2012 lad? Make me laugh.

Glad they're working on the impact engine which started fairly well last year but it's a bit of a cheek calling it a new feature for Fifa13.

Glad they're working on the impact engine which started fairly well last year but it's a bit of a cheek calling it a new feature for Fifa13.
Lol a bit like TeamVision V2.... But yeah im glad they are workin on it. Too many dodgy collisions for my liking in FIFA 12.

Back
Top Bottom