FIFA 11 Career Mode Thread PS3/360

Tnx for the info. Shame, have you noticed that stadiums have different nets as standard anyway (both tension and shape)? So lower leagues have the triangle for example. Would seem like a somewhat halfarsed feature if they haven't bothered to have different stadiums with different net shapes and tensions.

EDIT

I sound like one of the weird net fetishists, but it's more to do with adding character to teams and leagues for CM.

May or may not be out tonight as my other half is not too good so I'll get some more play if not and check the nets at a few of the grounds...:P

Who are you playing you're career with Nick? Where you able to sign players? Troubles with contract talks?

Please give me some info because the FIFA11 PS3 thread is really depressing with all the PES boys shooting down every little thing in FIFA11... It's getting boring really...

Who are you playing you're career with Nick? Where you able to sign players? Troubles with contract talks?

Please give me some info because the FIFA11 PS3 thread is really depressing with all the PES boys shooting down every little thing in FIFA11... It's getting boring really...

Ive got 5 on the go as I'm trying stuff out, I'll be doing a blog on EA's site when I start my proper CM.. At the moment my main 2 are Leeds, playing 2 v AI. And Stevenage in single player, I have no real money, well wages to buy with Stevenage (4.5k free), though I have signed a couple of 30+ year olds with Leeds..

It took a while to get anyone to play ball, and a few times I bid too low from the off and the club took their ball home..:D

Once you finally get the club agreeing you then have to sort the player, we had one turn us down flat saying he did not want to relocate, while another kind of held us to ransom, making a figure we had to match. You get a little help from your negotiator and sometimes he'll tell you you have no chance etc...:P:P

And Stevenage in single player, I have no real money, well wages to buy with Stevenage (4.5k free), though I have signed a couple of 30+ year olds with Leeds..

It took a while to get anyone to play ball, and a few times I bid too low from the off and the club took their ball home..:D

Once you finally get the club agreeing you then have to sort the player, we had one turn us down flat saying he did not want to relocate, while another kind of held us to ransom, making a figure we had to match. You get a little help from your negotiator and sometimes he'll tell you you have no chance etc...:P:P

That's absolutely what I was hoping for!

We know now that in-game injuries are in so no need of trying to injure yourself every game... :PIRATE:

How about when you start your CM, does the board give you certain objectives like in 10?

Did you try loaning players who aren't loan listed?

When controlling Stevenage, is there also a picture on the main screen showing Stevenage supporters?

Are you willing to send your copy to me for a few quid? :P

That's absolutely what I was hoping for!

We know now that in-game injuries are in so no need of trying to injure yourself every game... :PIRATE:

How about when you start your CM, does the board give you certain objectives like in 10?

Did you try loaning players who aren't loan listed?

When controlling Stevenage, is there also a picture on the main screen showing Stevenage supporters?

Are you willing to send your copy to me for a few quid? :P

The board does give you objectives, can't remember my Stevenage one it was a while ago now but the Leeds one was finish above halfway..

Yes, there is or supporters with correct colours and flags, also player, there were some good one for Leeds and I would imagine even more so for the big clubs..

I'm annoyed that I could find no way of loaning players that were not placed on loan by their clubs, have put this into EA already..

I would but you would not be able to use it, well not if you wanted any updates etc, and the front end works a little differently too...:P

Yes, there is or supporters with correct colours and flags, also player, there were some good one for Leeds and I would imagine even more so for the big clubs..

Pictures of players? Please explain, when you sign them you get real player pictures or what do you mean?

Pictures of players? Please explain, when you sign them you get real player pictures or what do you mean?

In the main CM screen you get a picture in the middle with the news in focus, at the side are four smaller boxes with news snippets in, these are scrolled through and shown in the larger box in more depth..

These are usually about your club and there is an image shown to go with the news...

Nick, regarding the chants, can we alter the chants after we've started a Career Mode? Like when I play in europe after a couple of months and need to play against Bordeaux, can I then put their chants in before I play that game so I can hear them?

I would expect it all to have to be done before starting a CM. Everything gets "locked down" when you do a CM (stadiums names, players, etc).

Is there a way of viewing all transfers that have taken place? I can only find my own transfers (successful negotiations etc).

I think I'll end up editing for the first week before even getting to play the game. :(

I'll be doing custom tactics for "all" teams to make sure lower league teams don't pass it about like Barcelona and have very defensive, low pressure settings, editing the top leagues with about 10 or so generic CT's to get some character in to the teams, then the stadiums & chants.........pffff.

IMO best thing is for the first week or two just play a casual CM, it's possible future updates will require a new CM and/or new squad file which will corrupt your ongoing CM, there's already been a reported bug in that the interceptions stat is missing and messing up the overalls of all defenders...

I think I'll end up editing for the first week before even getting to play the game. :(

I'll be doing custom tactics for "all" teams to make sure lower league teams don't pass it about like Barcelona and have very defensive, low pressure settings, editing the top leagues with about 10 or so generic CT's to get some character in to the teams, then the stadiums & chants.........pffff.

IMO best thing is for the first week or two just play a casual CM, it's possible future updates will require a new CM and/or new squad file which will corrupt your ongoing CM, there's already been a reported bug in that the interceptions stat is missing and messing up the overalls of all defenders...

I agree with Placebo, especially because the scope of this game is just huge when you consider gameplay changes in addition to VP and custom audio, etc. I imagine I'll try to get my VP sorted first, maybe experiment a minute or two with custom audio, but it's probably best to just take it super casual with the first career - I'll probably choose a random team and use it to experiment and plan for my real first serious career.

But Tik, if you do all that, it'd be super if you could share... I pride myself in my laziness.

Can Nick or anyone else who's played CM let us know if the tactics for lower division teams are now different to each other? Otherwise the first thing I'll need to do is apply different tactics to random teams like we did last year http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1767010&postcount=55

I'll check but it might be a while before I can get back to you.

I'll share, don't know how though.

We really need to get EA to go the PES route and implement OFs or a similar system where we can take advantage of each system's harddrives and usb options. If this shock move to allow us to edit player stats could be read as an indicator maybe they'll be open to this in the future. I can understand licensing issues but it shouldn't be an issue for offline play imo.

lol Good enough to play against Manu finished on 8.7 but not good enough to play in an "important" match against Stoke looool

Some I am magically suppose to get good enough, sitting at home? lol

What happened to the reserve league smh

Look in the stats screen...

Yeah I see it now thanks, silly me I was expecting a news item every month to say who the winners are, I guess it simply doesn't exist until it decides to give the award to you or one of your players? Or does player/team of the month simply not exist if you're not using a BAP? Shite if you ask me.

Started my CM with Charleroi in Belgian league as I remembered they have a Persian chairman, Mr. Bayat, so I thought it'd be quite a realistic place to start there as a fellow Persian as supposedly this guy thinks I'm a young talented manager and wants to give me a shot at this level and hope I can take his club forward. And as for me, it's a great place to start and learn my trade. Plus I wanted to pick a league where I know VERY little about players/teams so any non-realistic attributes, etc. wouldn't bother me as I wouldn't recognize them as I couldn't be bothered editing for now and just wanted to start a CM. Though I wouldn't say this is a 'Casual or non'serious' one as I'm putting in a lot of hours behind it and will do.

The team is one of the weakest in the division of course and board objective was mentioned as something like "stay close to middle of table" which is actually the lowest expectation you can have and kind of a bad set of choice of words as they literally just mean: "Don't get relegated and stay in the division. Survive". I know this because I experimented with ALL teams in the division and this was the 'lowest' expectation you could have. So me and a couple other weak teams have this as our board objective while others have loftier goals such as finish mid-table, etc.

Really enjoying it so far too and am off to a very good start so far having taken a narrow 1-0 win in my season opener (home-opnener) against a better opponent and leading 1-0 away from home and looking dead set to take a very impressive 6 points out of the first 2 matches against Gent before my team collapses and finds itself 2-1 down with their 2nd goal coming in the 90th minute sending their home fans crazy and completing the comeback!

Mboyo my 23 year old striker who I recalled from loan tho quickly equalizes with the last kick of the match as he grabs his 2nd goal of the match and it finishes in thrilling fashion with 2 super late goals from both teams 2-2.

Transfer window is nearly done too now and I've managed to bring in 2 players finally after failing with all my previous attempts (close to 20 players) for one reason or another.

On a slightly down side, have yet to have a bid in this window and first month and half of CM mode for any of my non-transfer listed players though and no injuries yet either.

In fact 2 of my transfer-listed players haven't had any bids either but that's quite realistic too in its own way I think. They're both crap, young and aren't gonna get much better. Not exactly that cheap either one being over a million. So it's not a tragedy that other clubs aren't interested and I'm sure eventually they will be offloaded and somebody will them off my hands. ;)

Yeah I see it now thanks, silly me I was expecting a news item every month to say who the winners are, I guess it simply doesn't exist until it decides to give the award to you or one of your players? Or does player/team of the month simply not exist if you're not using a BAP? Shite if you ask me.

Yep, I'm beginning to get peed off with the lack of effort again in the game, it's almost as if things are there but just not implemented in any way that seems blatantly obvious to most people... :RANT:

Back
Top Bottom