Fallout 3

Bethesda has announced three downloadable content packs headed to the 360 version of Fallout 3. The first to be released will be "Operation Anchorage," which allows players to take part in a "military simulation" of the "the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders." Operation Anchorage is scheduled to release in January. In February, Bethesda plans to release "The Pitt," in which players can explore the ruins of Pittsburgh, which have become home to raiders. The last pack to release will be "Broken Steel," in which players join the Brotherhood of Steel in order to "rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all." Broken Steel is scheduled for a March release.
No pricing details have been revealed at this time.

Link: http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/11/25/three-fallout-3-dlc-packs-on-the-way-first-in-january/

You know you've been playing this game too much when you only just stop yourself short of stealing a pack of hairclips (or 'bobby pins') from your girlfriend's house because, 'they'll be useful.'

So how far is everyone now? Just got the game and been wandering about, Went to moriary's as that was for a tip on dad but after snooping around the rooms he started shooting. Ended up killing them. I guess I missed out on a few quests with that :D.

Started wandering about, ended up at BigTown and was walking towards their quest location but was getting hammered so went back. Came across some super mutants and got hammered again :(. Ended up back at megaton do buy some supplies. That's taken about 3,5 hours so far......It really will take me a year to finish this game.

Can understand why people have been put off, the game seems to be immense in scale and with no direction either. I'll probably look for a tips guide at some point just to make my character a bit stronger and to find out what the hell everything does. I have no idea about everything in the pipboy either.

How buggy is the game? Yesterday the game didnt load when I went to "continue" from the startmenu. Restarted the 360 and it was fine. Then during gameplay Ive had a couple of discloading moments were people were talking but weren't or it took awhile for them to start up. Is that my 360 or just part of the game? And will installing the game to HDD minimize all this?

So far I really like it, love the setting and curious about the story and location. :D

I wish I'd had a guide for the perks - I've found a lot of the ones I've picked have become useless or were useless to begin with. Very annoying.

@TikTikTikTikTik: Go and see Moira in the Megaton supplies shop. She has a long running quest called the Wasteland Survival Guide which has numerous parts to it. The first few are pretty easy and are a good way to build up your character and earn some caps. In particular, the minefield mission is a good one as you can collect loads and loads of disarmed mines and sell them in town for a tidy profit.

Also go to Arefu, which is a small village built on a big suspension bridge, north west of Megaton. There's a quest on there called Blood Ties (I think) which if done right doesn't require any shooting :-)

Oh and the Pipboy seems a bit much at first but once you get your head around it it becomes like second nature. Everything you need is in there.

My main advice is stick with the game. After about 3 hours I really wasn't sure about it, I didn't really like the character models and I thought they just kind of threw you into the main game without much direction. However, once you explore a bit and find some decent weapons, salvage some goodies, get your head around scavenging and repairing, level up a few times and get into some quests it all starts to click.

Does anyone know of any good deals anywhere to buy the collectors edition with the lunch box and bobble head? Preferably that would ship to Sweden but I can probably get it sent on to me from someone in the UK :)

Played some more today, really enjoying it. However I really have to remember to save the game. Twice now Ive been going around looking about a killing raiders only to die about 45min/1h after saving.......Oh well, atleast I wasnt doing any quests or the main story.

Patch 1.10 is now out for the PlayStation 3 and adds trophy support. Will start playing it again now.

oohhhh brilliant stuff. A shit that it will mean starting a new game though and ive not finished my first play through yet

Start again? Sod that!

So annoying as I've probably got a fair bit of those trophies already :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm they must have stopped taking orders at that price now.

There's one "like new" on there for £35 + £1.94 shipping

Last edited:
Put this on last night to look at the trophy list and see if it fixed the PS3 stuttering.

Two hours later I forced myself to turn it off :LOL:

With the trophy patch you can continue to get trophies on your current save but it wont retroactivate trophies that you would have unlocked had you started a fresh game. So if your not that far in like me you can continue on and get those hard trophies.

Noooo I meant I got addicted to it :LOL:

I only turned it on to check thr trophies and see if the notification stutter was fixed. Got into the game and started carrying on with missions, next thing I know two hours had gone by and it was 9pm, I still hadn't put my tea on because I only planned to test Fallout 3 :LOL:

Noooo I meant I got addicted to it :LOL:

I only turned it on to check thr trophies and see if the notification stutter was fixed. Got into the game and started carrying on with missions, next thing I know two hours had gone by and it was 9pm, I still hadn't put my tea on because I only planned to test Fallout 3 :LOL:

AHH! :LOL: Im going to have to pick this up then! I hear the PS3 version is in bad shape though compared to PC/360, how true is that?

Can't say I've noticed any problems in the PS3 version - there were some comparison images on eurogamer where they says it's PC>360>Ps3. But on PlayR they said PC> 360 and PS3 - and that the PS3 has some advantages over the 360 and the 360 has some over the PS3 but both versions are great.

Now that the stuttering has been fixed, it plays great for me. Definately worth looking into if you like the genre.

Just about to post this for placebo:

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/RolePlaying/~r335448/Fallout-3-Collectors-Edition/

But its ps3 so don't know if it wouild have been usefull.

As for the games from the UK, its bloody briljant! Got Fallout from gamestation last week for 19,99 = 22euro's. The game is still 60/65e here! I'll probably order some more from GAME in jan as the shipping isnt that much either.

Played some more last night, done about 5hours now and have completed 4 quests according to my pipboy, so thats about one outside in the wasteland :D

Is it worth doing the landmine one for moiry? Tried it a couple of days ago and blew myself up, had forgotten to save so lost about an hour of gaming and so far have to been busy wandering about to try it again. Does it bring a lot of goodies or should I just ask for a different one?

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I looked on there previously and they said the 360 version was out of stock at the time :)

Can't remember if there's much advantage for going there, but landmine's should be pretty easy to diffuse, just walk up to them crouched and double click on them sharpish, or you can run around really quick and they should blow up behind you without harming you ;)

Back
Top Bottom