ESPN Thread

Re: Sh*tanta might be going bust soon

Good, they are shit :).

Yeah known about this a while. They've been in trouble since the start, why do you think they made it so difficult to cancel? Why do you think they tried to have it so the only way to watch the England matches (inc highlights) was by subscribing!? They need all the money they can get and have only been able to afford one of the six TV packages in the next deal. They also asked the FA if they could delay payment for the FA Cup which was refused.

Funny thing is, people have complained about Sky's monopoly for years then as soon as someone comes along and challenges them we all think they're shit and want them gone! :LOL:

Yes!

They still haven't sorted out the problem with Setanta Sports 1 which means all you get is a blue screen and whatever sound is being broadcast.

Their schedule is shit, their commentary and pundits are shit for live matches, and I'd absolutely love it if they went bust.

The only thing I'd miss is the European football highlights. Ligue 1 and Bundesliga would dissapear off my screen without Shitanta.

Tell them you want to cancel and they should offer £3.33 a month for 3 months. That's what I'm on now as I'm moving house again so was going to cancel the lot but will probably just wait for another couple of months and cancel before it goes back up to £12.99.

I think I'd only miss the Bundesliga too.

Cant wait tbh disgrace of TV channel way they dealt with people trying to cancel was awful get the football back on Sky please.

You lot say "get the football back on Sky" but there's no way I could ever afford any of the Sky packages, the price is astronomical compared to Setanta. Good for you that you guys can afford it but think about those of us who can't. We had Sky years and years ago but it was £30 a month for the whole package, even that was on the edge of what we could afford. Now you're looking at over £50 a month if you want it HD. And the fact that Sky now charge you to take the adverts away from the movie channels says it all to me.

If Setanta goes then I won't be able to watch any of the Premier League games live next season, although saying that now that they're down to one Premier League package I may as well cancel it anyway. It's not fair though, I thought there were monopoly laws but obviously they don't apply if you're Murdoch. He's got enough money to bribe every member of parliament every day for the rest of his life.

Claim Sky back on your expenses.

Sky had PPV footy a few seasons ago, Prem Plus it was and it was an add on to regular Sky. I wonder if Setanta goes tits up if the same thing will happen again

Maybe ITV and BBC will club together and buy the packages that Setanta had. I've never had any problems with setanta at all.

Disney are meant to be buying it

Never had any probs with Setanta either - and given the fact I can only really get BT Vision in the apartment, losing Setanta from that package would be shite.

Hope they pull through!

If they go bust maybe Eurosport might be able to show live Ligue 1 again. Not only that but European leagues like the Bundesliga, Portuguese Liga, Eredivisie and etc might be easily accessible to people who haven't got Sky. Like matches shown on channel five and 4 again.

Reminds me, need to cancel this today...I hear its pretty tough to do...can you do it over phone or do you need to write in?

You have to write in but to do that you need to speak to them over the phone first. Unless you can find where to send it without doing so.

i only pay £6 a month for setanta,so i would rather them stay

they are also using skys cards which are currently in the process of being removed, not sure what added problems this might cause to setanta, but if sky really wanted to sink their ship they could do it with this card change now.

Guys, just get a ( cough, cough ) satellite dish....

Took longer than i expected for someone to say that :LOL:

Dad cancelled it today, and typically they tried everything to keep us with them.

So he told them in no uncertain terms to fuck off :TTTH:

On my UFC box there was a sticker for half price Setanta for 3 months and a card inside explaning the offer

Desperate times call for desperate measures :LOL:

Maybe i should have said case

anyhow yeah it was on the cover of the game

It was a bit of a ballache to cancel, but if you ring them and you're firm they'll do it in the end.

They keep ringing me up offering me deals now but i'm not taking them on. I might at the start of next season cos they've got more games than this season + Europa league so if I can get half price it'll be ok.

They dont lose their prem games for a couple of seasons.

only because Virgin is shit as well :LOL:

It takes 5 minutes to change channel

Back
Top Bottom