EA SPORTS PGA Tour [PS5/XBS/PC]

What's the best country? Just tried Ukraine and it's 5999 Ukrainian hryvnia which is 150 EUR! Even the plain Swedish price is only 100 EUR.

Last country I purchased from was Turkey - cost about £45

Used a Turkish VPN and my Revolut card and worked a treat.

Last country I purchased from was Turkey - cost about £45

Used a Turkish VPN and my Revolut card and worked a treat.

Yeah I tried Turkey but struggling to pay with my Wise card or Paypal but I'll try tomorrow with Revolut, thanks :)

Edit: It's a shame there's no way to save on Ubisoft+ any more, all seem to be about the same price :(

If EA Play Pro was UK pricing, I probably wouldn't bother.
I am surprised VPN trick still works given that all other companies stopped it years ago.

So my EA Pro ended April 9th, but it's still active for some reason, not complaining of course! It's not letting me renew at this point so I was waiting for it to end before paying again...

So my EA Pro ended April 9th, but it's still active for some reason, not complaining of course! It's not letting me renew at this point so I was waiting for it to end before paying again...

Mine had to fully lapse before purchasing from another country wouldn't let me renew in Turkey was able to purchase a new subscription once it expired.

Probably should of mentioned that, but also forgot till you said that.

It's in the hole for two full seconds before it's spat out like a circus game... :LMAO: Poor guy!
The sad thing is that there are still people defending EA. I've played every single golf videogame the last 30 years. This is unacceptable, an absolute disgrace and it happens in every single release of theirs. My trial is over and they're asking me to splash £60 for this. I'll think about it when it's down to £15.
Until then I'll have fun reading posts how Matt (sorry Matt) and others managed somehow to have fun with the game like the FIFA abomination.

The sad thing is that there are still people defending EA. I've played every single golf videogame the last 30 years. This is unacceptable, an absolute disgrace and it happens in every single release of theirs. My trial is over and they're asking me to splash £60 for this. I'll think about it when it's down to £15.
Until then I'll have fun reading posts how Matt (sorry Matt) and others managed somehow to have fun with the game like the FIFA abomination.
I have to admit, I've stuck at it, and much like with FIFA in previous years, I ended up buying it based on the authenticity of everything other than gameplay alone.

However, it is genuinely shocking how bad and broken some elements are in-particular. The above video is a one-off, I can forgive that.

However, I had my dad over today so we could play together, and... You can create four golfers on your profile, but you can only use one at a time. What the hell is the point in that? So I can be me, but he can only be a pro.

So I assumed I knew what the issue was, and made him an Xbox profile, so that he could make his own golfer and log in as himself. Nope, that doesn't work either... There can only be one logged-in profile (the primary profile) and you can only select one created player.

Turns out there's eight pages of complaints about this on their forums, but the game treats all your golfers as one. Therefore, it's hardcoded and will more than likely not be fixed. Because the game was rushed as hell.

Also, both players have to use the same gameplay rules. So if - like the dev said himself (!!!) - I'm a father who wants to play with my 4-year-old, then guess what. We both have to play on baby mode. Which doesn't really seem fair to the kid, does it? If you're going to mention this as an explicit aim of your product, you should probably make sure it works properly.

Also, in local multiplayer games (match play at least), the commentators get your player and your opponent's mixed up. Whatever score you get for a hole, he will say it's your opponent's score. Every single time.

Finally, you can only play stroke play games with friends online. No match play, no skins (which would make it interesting).

Not to mention the lack of turn-based play so I can watch my opponent, which is half the fun for me. I'm not self-absorbed, I want to see my friends do well.

This stuff is currently bugging me more than the gameplay, and (for example) the fact that it's seemingly impossible to grip a green with anything but a PW on any type of course.

I quite like that certain clubs will prove very difficult to stop - I actually think the lack of control with longer-range clubs is a little refreshing - but the product as a whole is in a shocking state.

I have to admit, I've stuck at it, and much like with FIFA in previous years, I ended up buying it based on the authenticity of everything other than gameplay alone.

However, it is genuinely shocking how bad and broken some elements are in-particular. The above video is a one-off, I can forgive that.

However, I had my dad over today so we could play together, and... You can create four golfers on your profile, but you can only use one at a time. What the hell is the point in that? So I can be me, but he can only be a pro.

So I assumed I knew what the issue was, and made him an Xbox profile, so that he could make his own golfer and log in as himself. Nope, that doesn't work either... There can only be one logged-in profile (the primary profile) and you can only select one created player.

Turns out there's eight pages of complaints about this on their forums, but the game treats all your golfers as one. Therefore, it's hardcoded and will more than likely not be fixed. Because the game was rushed as hell.

Also, both players have to use the same gameplay rules. So if - like the dev said himself (!!!) - I'm a father who wants to play with my 4-year-old, then guess what. We both have to play on baby mode. Which doesn't really seem fair to the kid, does it? If you're going to mention this as an explicit aim of your product, you should probably make sure it works properly.

Also, in local multiplayer games (match play at least), the commentators get your player and your opponent's mixed up. Whatever score you get for a hole, he will say it's your opponent's score. Every single time.

Finally, you can only play stroke play games with friends online. No match play, no skins (which would make it interesting).

Not to mention the lack of turn-based play so I can watch my opponent, which is half the fun for me. I'm not self-absorbed, I want to see my friends do well.

This stuff is currently bugging me more than the gameplay, and (for example) the fact that it's seemingly impossible to grip a green with anything but a PW on any type of course.

I quite like that certain clubs will prove very difficult to stop - I actually think the lack of control with longer-range clubs is a little refreshing - but the product as a whole is in a shocking state.
Spot on Chris. I've posted it before, my children want me to buy the game for them. They've never played actual golf before besides mini golf. I'm still resisting, I won't pay EA £60. These devs should be ashamed. What's more bizarre is people comparing this to the HB/2K game. There's no comparison, at least the other game with its flaws it's an honest product in general. It's far from perfect but you can feel the devs are golf fans. At least they're trying despite the fact the career mode is lacking.
I just hope the competition will wake up HB Studios and 2K. I'm not expecting anything better from EA, we know them, we know how they operate.

Spot on Chris. I've posted it before, my children want me to buy the game for them. They've never played actual golf before besides mini golf. I'm still resisting, I won't pay EA £60. These devs should be ashamed. What's more bizarre is people comparing this to the HB/2K game. There's no comparison, at least the other game with its flaws it's an honest product in general. It's far from perfect but you can feel the devs are golf fans. At least they're trying despite the fact the career mode is lacking.
I just hope the competition will wake up HB Studios and 2K. I'm not expecting anything better from EA, we know them, we know how they operate.

Why not get EA Play Pro via Turkey for £50 and keep your kids quiet with dozens of games! ;)

Another update just dropped? Did some weird stuff when I launched EA Play just now, seemed to verify 29gb of files then downloaded another 983mb update file, not sure if it's the same one I already had from last week...

Edit: Aha yes there was an update yesterday!
You should see an update live today for both PC and PlayStation (XBOX should be sometime tomorrow). This is the update mentioned in Friday's post. The update has fixes for some critical issues the team found last week:
  • Fixed an issue that was putting players into a repeating loop when trying to claim tournament rewards.
  • Fixed an issue in Career Mode that was causing some users game to crash when resuming a round of playoffs.
  • Fixed a compatibility issue related to certain monitors and TV’s with Dolby Vision HDR that was causing the game to crash.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause a crash if players changed menu tabs too quickly while tooltips were enabled.
We are also investigating the various issues that have been reported this morning regarding Challenges, Quests, and general game performance. We will keep you posted with more information once we have it.
UPDATE #1: 3:25 PM EST
As of now, we have sent out fixes for Tournament Leaderboards and Online Matchmaking. We are still working to address issues related to Challenges, Quests, and Menus. We will update here once we have more information and appreciate your patience.
UPDATE #2: 10:40 PM EST
The team has identified the primary cause of the issues on our server and has been working to deploy several fixes over the course of the evening. While we have seen an improvement to the menu navigation, there are still issues with Challenges and Quests tracking correctly. The team is still working on and will continue to prioritize this issue until it is fully resolved.

Another update just dropped? Did some weird stuff when I launched EA Play just now, seemed to verify 29gb of files then downloaded another 983mb update file, not sure if it's the same one I already had from last week...

Edit: Aha yes there was an update yesterday!

Good info, thank you!

The fact that it's so aggressively always-online really hampers the performance (in-fact, if you try to play offline, all game modes except "quick play" disappear).

Hopefully this patch helps but I think there's far, far more serious problems for that to be considered a good day one patch. I get the feeling there'll be barely any support.

Being unable to use more than one created golfer in an offline game with friends, commentary being messed up when you play an offline match play event with friends, and not being able to have custom control settings (e.g. one on easy, one on hard) offline, is pretty poor. Let alone the lack of "turn-based" play online.

The fact that I've played for a week and yet I've got enough level-up "points" to unlock around 60% of the progression meters sucks too (including basic shot types that are locked behind level-ups, which is pretty shitty - like a football game where you can't chip a shot until you level up). Given that I've not even qualified for the PGA TOUR yet but my golfer is 60% of the way to perfection, it doesn't feel like there'll be much longevity, even with 29 courses (and one 9-hole par 3 course which shouldn't count in the course count IMO).

Look at you guys kissing frog after frog of lackluster golf games when Everybody's Golf, the Prince or rather King himself, was right there. And now you can't even play that online anymore.

I supposed I could check this out through the trial thingy, if only for a laugh.

Look at you guys kissing frog after frog of lackluster golf games when Everybody's Golf, the Prince or rather King himself, was right there. And now you can't even play that online anymore.

I supposed I could check this out through the trial thingy, if only for a laugh.
Everybody's Golf: World Tour was genuinely fantastic IMO. Considering the art style, the physics and mechanics were pretty great. Loooved playing in the online tournaments, where you had to qualify for each league/division - in-fact, this was an inspiration for Online Seasons in FIFA if I remember rightly (based on conversations I had at the time with Simon Humber). It felt so good earning enough points to go up a league.

Apologies for the off-topic...

Can we play one of the Everybody's Golf games multiplayer online via Parsec or console emulators on pc? So you could play say 4 guys golfing together?

The game's replayability just increased for me with the fact that I can play the challenges with my own gameplay/visual settings. I thought for sure it being online would force me to use the "default" settings. So that was a very nice surprise, and I'm already having a lot of fun trying the challenges.

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-...-pga-tour-community-feedback?isLocalized=true

So far they seem to be listening to the feedback which is a bit uncommon for EA tbh. I don't get though their response to the rounds options per event. "Issues with commentary, stats etc"?! So they're telling us it was so difficult for them to write a few more lines of code? I can't understand this company. I don't think also they'll give the option for less rounds eventually. It's positive though that they're going to fix some other major issues.

A question I have, are there no replays in the game? I've had a couple of eagles, one from a bunker, another a ridiculously long putt and didn't even see a nice sexy replay of them?

A question I have, are there no replays in the game? I've had a couple of eagles, one from a bunker, another a ridiculously long putt and didn't even see a nice sexy replay of them?
No, no replays, which is another common complaint.

That said, the post above where EA are acknowledging complaints and working on a patch does give me some hope.

I can feel potential in the game - but I'm sick of playing every sports game and saying it has "potential", because there's just too much that spoils it...

But when they add some more multiplayer modes (which they seem to suggest will happen), it'll be good fun beating @jaygrim and winning some money for my character. If they ever add that. (Which I could do in PGA 2K23, but not here.)

This seems different because there's a lot more interaction from EA with the community. Was in redspawnTV's twitch stream last night and EA Steve, who wrote that blog, joined in and played multiplayer with everyone and answered a lot of questions. He's pushing for a lot for the community. I think we are in good hands.

Well, I live by the mantra of a man needing convincing will always remain unconvinced. So, here's my video going over the blog update and what it means to me. Enjoy, or don't!

As me (and Chris) mentioned before they've released the game at Alpha state and they're again asking as to pay £60 and £70 for it. I've spotted all the issues of the game in my first 90min of the trial. The bizarre thing is that there are people trying to convince us the game is good. As it is this game is a 3 out of 10.
I'm enjoying it anyway.

Also almost every game released isn't finished these days.

I'm enjoying it anyway.

Also almost every game released isn't finished these days.
I don't want to be misunderstood. I'm not saying the game can't be enjoyable. As a sim player though I'm disappointed especially by the swing mechanics. They could have done an Early Access and have some of us providing feedback to them.

Finally achieved my goal of shooting Par on my true sim settings (no grids, etc). Took a lot of practice in the challenges. Just like any low scoring, have to get up and down - which I did a lot. Was sitting -1 headed to the 18th. But, the bogey was due to the very wayward approach shot that didn't deflect off the hill though. Made a solid two-putt regardless.

nH357P.png

Ended the other day. Since then spent hours trying to renew, tried about 6 different payment methods, all failing, cards, paypal, all fail with errors, tried with VPNs, tried without. Finally managed to get it to take a payment for EA Play monthly, tried to play this as it should allow me the 10 hour trial and it refuses to launch. Guess I'm done with EA games if I can't play for Play Pro again :(

Back
Top Bottom