EA Sports FC 24 Career Mode players

PES4eva

Red Devil
1 June 2023
Surprisingly Good Career Mode Players

Thought it would be a nice idea to share career mode players we’ve all used and recommended.

Players I’ve used that may or may not be know and aren’t particularly special on paper but in game have quality and a uniqueness about them making them good to use in game. These players are for you to try and see if you like them and to help you in the lower leagues of your career mode, or with time great to develop into first teamers for the upper leagues.

Each player starts with an overall of 70 or less.

Anyone is welcome to add players they’ve tried or to just keep visiting as new players will be added over time. If you do want to add some players of OVR 70 or less be sure to give a description of how they are in game and if you could keep it all in the same sort of format as I’ve done that would be great.

Thanks

Ages, prices etc correct as of post date:
Pukštas - 18 - Hajduck Split - CM/CAM - OVR 69 - POT 83. Valued at 3.2M Euro.
I’ve previously mentioned this player before. A natural centre midfield player that will net you a lot of goals. Although he actually gets a higher overall rating if played as a striker and the fact he has Power Header it’s very tempting to play him as a forward, however I feel that the added goal threat from midfield is far superior.

He makes a great captain for your team and has a lot of stamina so you rarely need to sub him.

Has close control, good turning and a very controlled shot.

A bargain!

Álvaro - 19 - Real Madrid - ST/LW - OVR 64 - POT 81. Valued at 1.5M Euro.

A left footed colossus of a striker. Best used as a lone striker and spearhead of your attack.

A player that will command a high wage when trying to sign him but worth it. He has a completely casual way about him. It’s almost like he doesn’t care and it’s just another day at the office yet seems to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time.

He holds the ball up well and with his back to a defender it’s very difficult for the CPU to dispossess. Time and again you’ll find him reject an oncoming tackle and simply stumble through the defender and in on goal. Once Álvaro has the defender behind him they may as well give up because he has an invisible forcefield around him!

Prestianni - 17 - Vélez Sarsfield - RM/CAM/RW - OVR 68 - POT 84 - Valued at 3M Euro.
Quite possibly one of the best signings you can make in career mode.

Although his overall is best as a RM or LM I personally prefer him as a wide CAM that cuts in from the left side.

Prestianni has electric pace with world class balance and agility. Even without development he will tear weaker teams to pieces and when he’s on the journey of development little by little he gets better and better after each passing game.

Either keep this future legend or sell him for a massive profit. Make no mistake, the big clubs will be clawing at your door to steal this talent away from you.

Duarte - 19 - Defensor Sporting - LW/CAM - OVR 69 - POT 82 - Valued at 3.3M Euro.

A left footed and agile player that is best played as RM/LM but can also do well in his registered positions of winger and attacking mid.

Plays similar to Prestianni but with the other foot so having these players one on each flank makes for some breathtaking plays.

Esteves - 19 - Sporting CP - RWB/RB - OVR 69 - POT 81 - Valued at 3.2M Euro.

Esteves is an attacking wing back but also does well as a side midfielder when playing 3 at the back.

A solid addition to your team that has balanced speed and acceleration, void of making mistakes and can defend as well as playing a good passing game. Excels when playing the overlap.

Curtis - 17 - ST Patrick’s - RB/RWB/CB - OVR 62 - POT 82 - Valued at 1M Euro.

Here’s a player that makes a good back up and sub. he’s best played as a RB or RWB. CB is not recommended though useable if you’re in a pinch during a match.

Curtis likes to patrol the line looking for misplaced passes, which he does very well at considering his low OVR. He will never be your first choice pick but don’t let that put you off because a squad isn’t 11 players and he will be a valued squad member for many years to come. He’s an extremely cheap signing to bulk up your options.

Gray - 17 - Leeds United - CDM/CM - OVR 67 - POT 85 - Valued at 2.4m Euro.
One of the most versatile players you’ll use in career mode.

He’s a towering and natural box to box midfielder with supreme passing ability but the best thing about Gray is that he can literally play pretty much anywhere you want him to.

Great as CDM/CM/CAM/LM/RM/RWB/LWB/RB/LB …… I’m not even joking!

Start him, bring him on as a super sub or use him as utility player.

He’s the Swiss Army knife of FC24. Top purchase.

Araújo - 21 - Benfica - CB - OVR 70 - POT 83 - Valued at 3.7M Euro.

Relatively cheap CB with good pace so versatile in any sort of defensive setup and is an absolute brick wall.

Along with these sort after abilities he’s an immense arial threat when you’ve got a corner. With a good deliverer of the ball in your team he will get you a fist full of goals during the season.

Weiper - 18 - FSV Mainz - ST - OVR 66 - POT 86 - Valued at 2.4M Euro.
A player I’ve developed for my 1860 Munich career mode. You probably already know him purely based on his massive growth potential.

He’s the cream of the crop when it comes young German Strikers. He doesn’t have the pace or skill level of a Moukoko but what he does have is that ever needed ability to find the net. He needs a little time to develop before he starts cooking and at 6ft 3 you’d expect him to be the perfect target man, however this isn’t his game. Once he gains 2 or 3 OVR he turns into an absolute poacher. He can go the entire game without ever receiving the ball but once he’s through there’s only one outcome….. Goal!

Ojeda - 19 - Racing Club - RW/LW - OVR 69 - POT 81 - Valued at 3.3M Euro.
An agile rocket that’s going to burn past even the quickest defenders.

His game is one dimensional but oh so effective. Blaze the wing and whip in a cross for your striker.

Although he can play on the left he’s better on the right. So if your game is crossing then he’s got the pace to outrun a defender and get crosses into the box.

Performs best in an unofficial position of RM.

3,2,1 Lift off!

Desplanches - 20 - Palermo - GK - OVR 68 - POT 83 - Valued at 2.5M Euro.

My favourite goalkeeper to buy in career mode. A high quality Italian keeper who is an absolute bargain. Even without any development he’s solid and will pull off miracle saves for years to come. He already has the play styles of Footwork, Cross Claimer and Rush out which for his price is amazing.
He’s the man you want in goal when the pressure in on late in a match. Highly recommend.

Njinmah - 22 - Werder Bremen - ST - OVR 68 - POT 77 - Valued at 2.7M Euro.

Don’t let his potential put you off because he will definitely exceed this once you convert him to LW. He’s the perfect cheap cut in man and has the styles of Finesse shot, Rapid and Quick Step.
He’s a chaotic player that moves around like a super flee. His feet move so fast that your opponent will still be thinking about what he’s going to do after he’s blazed past them and curled one into to the corner. Develop him to LW with high attacking work rate and watch him steal the place of your regular!

Courtesy of @MTS
Mirko Topić - 22 - Famalicão - CDM - OVR 68 - POT 76 - Valued at 2.3M Euro

The cheap Nemanja Matić, focuses mostly on the same stats and is almost as tall as him (Nemanja Matić 1.94 cm vs 1.90 cm). Keep him at CDM or CM or if you need a cheap CB he turns quickly into one and should be great there too.

Agu - 23 - Werder Bremen - RWB/LWB - OVR 70 - POT 76 - Valued at 2.3M Euro.

Another player where the potential doesn’t really mean a great deal. He’s already surpassed his potential in my Werder Bremen career. He’s registered as a wing back but I’ve converted him to RM as I’m playing 3 at the back in this career. He’s the perfect player in a 3 CB formation as he’s just about as good in defence as he is in attack. He’s got the pace to cover the flank and despite his stats he’s been very good at crossing so sign a mammoth up front and combine them for headers galore!

Querfeld - 19 - Rapid Wien - CB - OVR 69 - POT 83 - Valued at 3.1M Euro.

A player I’ve previously signed in career mode. If you need a CB on a limited budget then you don’t need to look much further than Querfeld. Even at 69 OVR before any development he’s already a solid defender and with a bit of development he’s the epitome of retro brutality. He’s a traditional style defender that does two things. Defends like his life depends on it and gets into the box and scores when you have a corner. His only real limitation is that he’s poor in a back 3 because of his lack of pace, so he does need to be in a back 4. Pair him with a CB with pace of 70+ and it’s a symphony of defence.

Sabbe - 18 - Club Brugge - RB/LB - OVR 66 - POT 84. Valued at 2.1m Euro.

Best utilised as a wing back in a back 5 formation. He’s got decent pace for the flank and with his high work rate in attack he’s perfectly suited for an attacking variation of a 532, 523 etc.

I recommend training him to give him a 5* weak foot so you can use him as a sub on either side until he gets closer to his potential. Great purchase for career mode.

D. Pizarro - 18 - Colo Colo - ST - OVR 66 - POT 80. Valued at 2M Euro.

At 6’1” with 80 pace and 72 Physical, this is a striker that you will want to keep. He’s only 18 years old so you can imagine how his key stats will develop within a couple of years. Highly effective after a season of development. His only downfall is his shooting, which is obviously a crucial aspect to a striker but again that will develop. Use him as a starter in a weak team or as backup striker in a top team. Don’t be tempered to sell him because once he get into the 70s your patience will have paid off.

Last edited:
Shoutout to David Costa - 22 - RC Lens - LW/CF - OVR 74 - POT 80 - Valued at 7M Euro

Just turn him to a RW/CAM/CF and you have the cheap Messi. He is small, agile, dribbles great, left footed. Marcus Edwards is the closest i found to a new Messi but he is 80 OVR.

Last edited:
Shoutout to David Costa - 22 - RC Lens - LW/CF - OVR 74 - POT 80 - Valued at 7M Euro

Just turn him to a RW/CAM/CF and you have the cheap Messi. He is small, agile, dribbles great, left footed. Marcus Edwards is the closest i found to a new Messi but he is 80 OVR.
Added. Thanks

The cheap Nemanja Matić, focuses mostly on the same stats and is almost as tall as him (Nemanja Matić 1.94 cm vs 1.90 cm). Keep him at CDM or CM or if you need a cheap CB he turns quickly into one and should be great there too.

That looks like a very solid purchase. I’ve got Martel as CDM but I’ll I’ll be trying him out in my Werder career. I’ll move one of them to CB.
Great find. Added

• Love
Reactions: MTS
Back
Top Bottom