DVD Burning - advice needed

R

Rob92

I'm looking to burn some DVDs to play on a DVD player from mainly .avi video files that I have on my PC.

I managed to create one using AVS Video Converter, but after that it came up with error messages and failed to burn, also Windows DVD Maker came up with errors
The one that I did create didn't start up to a menu, but just played the film straight away.

What I'm after is some software that allows me to burn good quality DVDs with the ability to split them into chapters/episodes and have a startup menu to select them on the TV.

Double layer DVDs aren't cheap (suggestions on where to buy these welcome) so my current trial-and-error methods are becoming expensive...

I've done some Google searching and come up empty handed, I was hoping someone may have first hand experience of something they could recommend :).

It's not free software, but Nero is quite good.
I've got Nero 7 Premium at home, and have used it to put several TV episodes on to DVD.

I couldn't give you a price though, as I got it from a friend. You might know them though...

Have emailed you Rob.

The reason your files are playing first rather than your menu is because most software defaults to the option to play the first video file first. You have to go in the options and select view menu first.

@Stu - that joke is probably as old as when the cavemen first discovered fire.

Thanks for the tips.

I converted the video and then tried burning it using Nero 10, but it failed three times, and I had to throw all three discs away...

Must have binned about £15 worth of DVDs, it's REALLY pissing me off now, don't know what to do :RANT:.
I think the writer on my DVD drive must be fucked - when it fails, the disc spins really fast, the drive makes a buzzing sound and then it repeats over and over, like it's trying to do something but can't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows DVD Maker sucks, use Nero 8 (simple version works well)

Open up Nero Express, choose "Data DVD", create a folder, put the chapters/episodes inside (named correctly), and just burn it at the lowest speed.

It works pretty well with most first marks DVD Players (Sony, Philips, etc.). Personally, I never had a problem.

By the way, double layered DVDs ain't cheap, and ain't great. If you have .avi files, just use normal 4GB DVDs, they are faster to read and cheaper to buy in case you screwed something up.

Cheers.

DVD Burning advice needed

I have a file, that in properties says that the file type is "windows Movie"
how can i burn this so that it can be played in a regular dvd-player?
i didnt know, and dont want to waste more media trying....

Back
Top Bottom