Devil May Cry 4

Carl

Ban Master
Staff
27 December 2001
N.I.
West Ham United FC
Cant see any thread about it anywhere, but just so you know, there is a XB Live demo up on MP now, could well be on PSN too, aint checked yet.

I had the Japanese 360 version on pre-order as it is released next week. Found out that Dante's 10 levels are exactly the same as Nero's 10 levels so cancelled the pre-order.

Capcom are being very lazy!!

• Staff
I played the demo, have to say, looks amazing, and I will get it at some point, however, I will wait for a price drop or pick up a 2nd hand one, unless someone knows a very cheap pre-order, on either PS3 or XB360

• Staff
Checked the PSN this morning, it aint on there, so Live only atm. Cheers for the Link Milanista, though think I can get it for even less!!!!! Woot woot! £27.99 for the 360 it may have load times, but it will also have achievements and guessing will look the same.

Cheers Mr Grim, DL it from there last night, just played it, have to say it feels more awkward on the DS analogue than the MS Pad, so its defo the 360 version for me then, the colour palette also looked better on the 360, though the cut scenes had maybe a little more detail on the PS3. But not using the d-pad on the PS3 has made me go for the 360 and the cheaper pricepoint.

£27.99 at gameplay.co.uk, using this code: dt7aquwhf

Code can also be used on any game over 30 quid, but to take the Limited Edition down to under 28 quid, ta very much!

I loved the first version of this game. I thought it was a classic.

Bought the second version...Capcom was fucking lazy on it. Thought it had repetive gameplay, uninteresting storyline...overall crap game. After that i completly lost interest in the game!

Never bothered with the third one.

I'm going to check out this one with the code Holio posted up. Hope it's a good game.

Tis at 24.99 at Gamestation at the minute, for the ordinary version

Completed the first level of this earlier - it's a great game for a quick bash; nothing more. Not worth buying IMO.

Nope, tis one player only, and only Online gubbins is leaderboards for scores.

Played this more last night. I am quite shocked because I really like the game. My brother is taking it home with him today though :(

DMC is far from beeing a button smashing game, you ahve to time your hit and be smart with what to use if you want to play it at his full extend. And it's far from a standard game, just the graphic make you drool, gameplay is pretty solid unless you have to jump from platform to platform, music is cool and overall the game is not bad, I dont like the system and the story tho, but since DMC2 it seems to be the case so I'll go with it.

I didn't like the story at all. You can skip the cut-scenes with the 'start' button though. You are right though Kimky, it's not a 'button basher' which is probably why I like it so much. GORGEOUS graphics and brilliant sound effects. The bosses are pretty cool too & usually bloody huge! Fucking good game, my brother wouldn't lend it to me though :(

I am gonna have it off him by next week though.

I didnt really like it, but I agree the graphics are beautiful. Some of the boss fights look absolutely awesome, but I cant be bothered going through all the normal fights.

I'm gonna buy this if I find it in a bargain bucket or Argos do one of their specials.

I love this game! Nero is a pretty cool character actually. And I love his devil arm.People dont seem to like the story, I think its what you can expect from a "kick everybody`s ass" type of game. But when you take control over Dante later into the game, the fun kind of stops I`m afraid. I think the Devil arm of Nero is what makes this game great, so when you have to take control over "surfer dude" Dante the game becomes much harder + the fact that you do what you already did in style with Nero. So its kind of hard to suddenly go from a fun game that you master to hard mode with a character who looks cool but does not act cool anymore. Nero for me is a much more serious character and perhaps "deeper" if that is possible.. So if there ever comes a Devil May Cry 5, I hope Nero runs the show with his Devil Arm! Well, I like the game. Its given me the same kind of fun I had with the first one, just a shame some of the fun is gone now trying to complete the game with Dante on devil hunter mode.

Back
Top Bottom