David Beckham

Re: Football Clips & Pics!

Beckham best marketing footballer ever ,beckham football camps ,clothing line n fregrance world wide. Top earner every year in the modern day world where 2million is the average rate for a top player. Beckham will start his own petroleum 'beckham- grade BG'

Very loveable footballer. Sad to see Sexy Becks go.

He did loads for Milan during his short stay, and I'll miss him. There's another player from my childhood gone.

Thomas, don't worry, mate, I was just kidding around. ;)

but it's even more funny to see people comparing the guy with some... strikers! :LOL:

joking aside, among the players I have seen, I can only name Figo, Giggs and Ribery as better ones than Beckham in his position (lateral midfielder). but of course, chances are I'm missing some other as well. so let alone being overrated, I think he's well underrated.

Still the best passer and the best freekicker in the world. All the tears are passion.

But Ronaldo didn't had a unique boot type. He "just" was the one to use the newest Vapor model and was promoted as "R9" boot, but he never had unique design and/or boots. ;)

Strange comment:

Soccer-World-Cup-1998-Brazil-loses-World-Cup-final-Ronaldo-disappointed.jpg

No, these are normal Mercurial Vapor I. They weren't specially produced for him unlike the latest signature boots for Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi. He was just the first major footballer to wear them. ;)

He was never the most talented footballer in the world, but he's won more than a large, large number:
Leagues: EPL (6), La Liga (1), Ligue 1 (1), MLS (2)
League Cups: FA (2), La Liga (1), MLS (2)
Champions League: (1)

Not terrible.

No, these are normal Mercurial Vapor I. They weren't specially produced for him unlike the latest signature boots for Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi. He was just the first major footballer to wear them. ;)

By the way, Di Canio had signature Pantafolo D'Oro's. ;)

Pantafola D'Oro released signature boots of Di Canio? Never heard something about this. I only knew he used to wear personalised D'Oros.

The most remarkable thing about Beck's always was that - despite becoming the biggest marketing phenomenon in the sport - he seemed to get even humbler and a bigger role-model with every passing year, while many other young fellas, as soon as they start getting paid big money, seem to lose all connection to the "real world".
And who would've thought his marriage to a Spice Girl would last so long? A shining example in pretty much every aspect of life. Lothar Matthaeus could learn a lesson or two from Becks. ;)

They're Mercurials but they aren't Vapors.

That is a unique colourway that only Ronaldo had though, they were the original R9 boots just for him.

They're Mercurials but they aren't Vapors.

That is a unique colourway that only Ronaldo had though, they were the original R9 boots just for him.

Indeed, the "Vapor" name was added to the second installment. My one, sorry.

But the second thing was just a coincident, there were also different colourways of that boot:
MercurialIBlack-BlueFG2.jpg

Ronaldo was just the major player known to wear that boot.

Nike said:
In 1998 Nike launched the first Mercurial football boot — a shoe inspired by and designed for an athlete who was playing an entirely new brand of football. The player was Brasilian football phenomenon Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima, popularly dubbed "El Fenómeno," but more commonly known as Ronaldo.

http://nikeinc.com/news/nike-celebrates-15-years-of-mercurial-with-recreated-98-el-fenomeno-boot

That last paragraph summarizes him very good to me: Always thought and think currently that he was/is a fighter since the day he was "awarded" that one red card against Argentina in '98. And I watched his outstanding performance against Greece in 2001(which was one of the best performances of a single footballer I ever witnessed, comparable to what Klinsmann did against the Netherlands in '90 f.e.) so often and he's one of the last true idols in football for me as he always stood up and fought for his aims in football. He lived for the sport and these are the true heroes in sports to me. That's why I think he was and is one of the greatest players ever.

And from a bootpack-makers pov: How many players were so special to get a unique collection? I only can think of three others alongside Beckham: Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi. :D

Was it an outstanding performance ? He was all over the pitch in a positional sense that day. One free kick against Greece which ought not to have been awarded either.

He was a decent player but to say he is a footballing great is over egging it a bit.

And he worked very hard to achieve his delivery skills that I will grant. However there are several England players who have been better wingers than him and he in no way compares to someone like George Best who could do far more than him and whose worth today would be incalculable.

The media here do go gaga over him. PSG and Real Madrid apparently according to them only won their titles thanks to him.

Back
Top Bottom