Champions League 2012/13

Ronaldo: 15 world cup goals (12 in his first two WCs)
C. Ronaldo: 2
Messi: 1

nuff said. ^^

joking aside. imo, 99% of the player comparisons suck. there are just way too many factors even in comparing two players of the same era, let alone the different eras.

I know it's all for fun, though.

Who was the record breaking World Cup Winning forward before him ?

Gerd Muller.

Most fans only heard of Muller when Messi broke his record this season (oh and a record that Ronaldo didn't break, having seen both play, Muller was better than Ronaldo, perhaps because he played in better teams).

This "having seen both play" factor you keep repeating doesn't mean shit to be honest. Anyone uttering an opinion on the subject should have at least seen some recordings of the player they have any opinion about in the first place.

If a person says he thinks Pele is overrated, it's kind of incorporated in the opinion that he in fact has seen something to base his opinion on, don't you think?

LOL.
Zidane comes close. The other two will be forgotten in 20 years.
I have seen the 1970 WC winning team. Both Ronaldinho and Ronaldo would not make the the first eleven of that team...
Tostao was much, much better than Ronaldo, who knows his name now.

Pele - Messi - Maradonna - Zidane - Cruijff - Beckenbauer - Di Stefano - Zico - Cr Ronaldo.

non of them will be forgotten if a guy have seen them playing , Ronaldo is best striker i have ever seen (im not old enought to remember a lot of before) but Ronaldo was such a great striker and even 50 years later if im still alive i can tell u that i wont forget that guy he had something special on him

and Ronaldinho ? really man ? he bring football to whole new level who did before him such a skills and tricks ? I never saw anyone play like this , now after him com this guys like C.Ronaldo and other who COPY Ronaldinho , for me if he played like that goladen years in barcelona he could easly be best ever

I never said Messi wasn't a playmaker, but I did say Maradona was. Contrary to popular belief, Maradona was an attacking midfielder whereas Messi is more a spearpoint. Assists doesn't equal "playmaker", a playmaker is one that makes play flow, his main job is not to directly or indirectly score goals. In the NT Messi plays as one of two strikers or one of three strikers, Maradona was a trequartista with one striker ahead and his main work area was further back than Messi's. It's funny how you take something I didn't say and pretend I said it though. The point is, that the comparison between the two is irrelevant, different teams, different positions and different era makes it so. Argentina with Maradona had a great defense, but lacked good offensive players, hence the 3-6-1 / 4-5-1 / 5-4-1 setup, while Argentina with Messi has an over-abundance of offensive players but nearly no defensive players of sufficient quality.

Ok mate :))

to be fair defining maradona's role is quite tricky. if we go by the common definition of trequartista, then calling diego a trequartista wouldn't be appropriate. his role was quite similar to messi's role earlier in his carreer (when he was moving from the wings). he was part inside-forward, part winger, part trequartista, part supporting striker.
"offensive player" is really the only fitting description we can come up with, when it comes to maradona (wich is also what we could say about the young messi).
btw, how did u guys end up talking about maradona in here? :P
37,0 million €.
holy crap on a cracker... that is a lot of money!!!
btw is there any bayern player who is supposed to leave this summer? coz i'm having a hard time picturing where mario would fit in the current formation.

Last edited:
Oh btw :)

DqnSQyhx-_8.jpg

such stats are hardly relevant. one might argue that 10 goals in serie a in the '80s equal to 30 goals in la liga today. besides messi has been for a couple of years barça's and argentina's main offensive outlet, whereas diego was always more of a "builder" rather than a "finisher".

it's already impossible to compare 2 conteporary players, nevermind 2 players who played in different ages and leagues.
let's just say they are\were both legendary players and leave it at that :))

Last edited:
La liga recently is becoming a joke , so those stats are just useless .
i certainly didn't mean that.
the only thing i meant is that scoring in serie a in the 80s was much more difficult, as most teams used to display catenaccio-based tactics, while nowadays offensive players (everywhere, and probably even more in spain) have to deal with teams wich are less focused on the defensive aspect than italian teams in the 80s.
that certainly doesn't mean serie a in the 80s was a "better" league than la liga today... they are just 2 different leagues.

of course u're entitled to your own opinion.... i just wanted to dissociate my post from your observation :))

@lo zio

and I didn't associate my observation with you post :D

I based my post on that ridiculous pic of Messi and Maradona

@lo zio

and I didn't associate my observation with you post :D

I based my post on that ridiculous pic of Messi and Maradona

There is nothing ridiculous in that picture, its just two argentine players with their stats :)

Messi tied for career total with Maradona, thats all.

Did SOOOOOOOO not see that coming...

conspiracy theory

Clark Whitney ‏@Mr_Bundesliga
Anyone claiming conspiracy in Götze's injury is deluded. His xfer underlined his allegiance to himself. Missing final is not in his interest

Congrats to both teams, they played a great match and proved they were the best teams this season. Well done guys!

:D müller, what a passionate footballer. I believe that trio will also lift the world cup trophy next year.

Super Bayern, super Bayern, HEY! HEY! :RSCARF::RSCARF::RSCARF:

Fantastic game by both teams, respect to Borussia Dortmund, they played great and could've won it, but in the end Bayern did more to win it and won it deserved imho. Just interesting to see that the supposed big Bayern players (Schweinsteiger, Müller, Dante and Ribery) were relatively weak today and that the two players, that were criticized all season long (Robben and Boateng, Jesus, what a match, he finally fought the way we know Kevin-Prince doing it) were the two best (field) players on the pitch today. Keepers were outstanding of course, both rescued their respective teams in many situations.

And one last thing to Robben: THIS is how you comeback after losing it nearly alone last year and getting booed by an entire stadium of your own fans(in the friendly against the NL). And you could see how much that meant to him, when he was crying like a small child. Another football fairytale that ended well to add to the book of that stories. Hats off to you, Arjen!

Last edited:
Unfair on Dortmund really. Ribery and Dante should have been sent off. Also was sick of seeing Munich players on the ground.

Agree on Ribery and partially on Dante(where the ref proved to have a good hand and act carefully). But what about Lewandowski?

Finally!
The players, officials and especially Jupp Heynckes deserved this so, so much. What a tragedy last year was; but then again: Would a season like this have ever happened without this stinging loss in the back of the heads of all involved persons? I doubt it. In my mind, the team wiped away their own biggest shortcoming in an outstanding manner.
They began really shaky. The first 30 minutes sure belonged to Dortmund. But at the end of the first half the tides had turned and I was actually bugged with the early whistle. Fortunately, the team was able to keep the pressure of that period up and seemed to have the game under complete control in the second half - minus the Dante blunder and rightful punishment by Guendogan.
Robben - as overly motivated as he was the entire 90 minutes - was the right man to decide this epic bout in the end, the ONLY man, one might say. His personal failure last year, despite playing a great match, was maybe the saddest part about it all. Redeemed himself big time. Now "officially" a true Bayern legend! :P

Klopp and Dortmund will rise again. To win the CL in the future? Unlikely, I suppose. But who knows for sure? A big loss has produced the strongest Bayern team I have ever seen. Much stronger than the squad that redeemed itself in 2001. Who can say for sure this fantastic coach and club can't gain additional strength from tonight? It's possible, at the very least.
I'm excited for next year's BVB. Every young up and coming talent can count himself lucky to have Juergen Klopp as his coach.

Best final in a long while :APPLAUD: I`m happy it was 11 vs 11 anything less and the game would of been shot! I think the ref was excellent and Robben was like a ravenous wolf :TWIST: ... So at the end of the day Bayern are well deserved winners !

TOP class finale, great match. both teams deserved to win and for me both are winners... that clearence by Subotic was simply amazing... the effort by Robben was just incredible... BVB missed Gotze to not depend on one striker to much..as imo they did today...

congratulations to both teams and Bundesliga, Germany... i realy hope you guys will have a great world cup, you deserve to win it in 2014 realy...with this football and so much "Pech" in 2002, 2006 and 2010..hope next World Cup will be yours.

A simply wonderful final, I'm slightly upset that BVB didn't manage to pull off the win that I would have loved them to get, but I did make £75 from betting Bayern to win 2-1 so I suppose there's my silver-lining.

Back
Top Bottom