Best gameplay for pressing ?

Sinkervg

Non-League
18 February 2023
France
Paris Saint-Germain
Do you know the best gameplay for high pressing like Liverpool or City can do? Even in attacking mode I can't get my players high enough to harass my opponents right up to the goalkeeper. Thanks in advance.

It's gradually gotten better in this version than it used to be anytime previously. Without the perfect illustration, however, I imagine you may not believe it possible to harry your opponent and press well enough to manage a numbers advantage against the backline and keeper. Maybe you remember a few versions ago the gk's touch being less than reliable, prior to which period, you might have found possession trolls knocking it around the back to preserve a lead late.

Consequently, attempting to play at the back versus the META, might be less effective than high risk given the state of gameplay. Even though, passing as ever is being susceptible to interceptions, that does not necessarily mean IMHO that the game as we know it has yet fully embraced the jeopardy of rebounds, 2nd balls, hoofed clearances, hospital balls, miscues & deflections, top spin on weighted passes (where a player with the right curling ability can ping a ball with a forward roll as opposed to backspin), or stunning distribution from a country mile. I would gladly hold an 'L' for failing at the latter, because the Long Ball playstyle is as underused as Possession even though the opportunities to get up the pitch should become better.

I would like to think it's possible to re-up the press (but don't forget stamina becomes an issue), performing a manual tweak to alter your formation on the pause screen. Also worth mentioning, players might tend to abandon traditional D/M/F formations while pressing and give up their playing positions, but then I also believe attacking mentality enables this freedom when desperately needing to regain possession.

Personally, I am going to run with that and experiment more deciding at the end of the 1st half whether, playing for more goals could be in the cards. That's what a sub-tactic should be for! So there you go. Hopefully, you unlock a tactical move to press like Liverpool and City.

Back
Top Bottom