ArmA 2: for PC and Xbox 360.

Hmm that's a bugger, I converted part 1 to wmv, same resolution/bitrate but it came out 100mb less, I'll upload it and do the same for part 2 :)

Spammer reported. ;)

It's looking good, though. Have you seen the 360 version? I know you miss out on the mods/community side but I was wondering how well it played.

I haven't seen anything of the 360 version, I believe the core engine is being developed on PC and then at some point they'll branch off.

Is there any news on the release date Placebo? I read earlier that it was late 2008, but haven't heard a lot of news regarding a demo or whether it is in fact near completion. I hope it doesn't get pushed back too far.

Graphics are sensational, very very good. Gameplay looks similar to the last one (which I found a bit strange to try and adapt to), but I'll definitely give this a go. Just hope it arrives on consoles soon, my PC can just barely run the FM2009 match engine...

Wow, looks incredible.

Thanks for putting it on sevenload Placebo, for some reason I was getting slow speeds downloading.

Looks scarily real especially after the events in Georgia last year.

The setting/story take bits and bobs from all over, of course Georgia being one of the influencing factors :)

I was lying sorry! My colleague reminded me that the concept was actually written 1 year before Georgia happened (this was even mentioned in an interview I proofed, bad old man memory!)

We should hopefully be released new screenies/video every week now :)

Last edited:
Constructive criticism:) :
Shooting people is most fun in FPSs when enemies DO NOT "absorb" bullets, but rather react to being hit- handgun, rifle, machine gun, shotgun producing different reactions.

I firmly believe that the "enemies getting shot mechanics" was one of the major things that made made Goldenye as popular as it was. Remember it? Soldiers had their shoulders thrown back/legs buckled with bullet's impact (whether a "weak" pp7 or a "powerful" dostovei- both felt lethaly cool!); burst of fire turned, spun enemies round etc... This made the feeling of holding a fire arm's awesomeness increase tenfold. And this game is like 10 years old! and yet since then games have instead almost completely ignored this factor and adopted "a soldier will absorb a few "weak gun" bullets" and only then fall to the floor".

Enemies must be fun to shoot, for that guns must FEEL not just look realistic (a basic looking silenced pp7 is loads more fun to shoot then realistic looking pistol/machine gun from Stalker, FarCry2, Crysis, Half Life2, Call of Duty, Splinter CEll etc,etc... Very few games have attempted to model this behaviour (R6Vegas, Call of Juarez) but even they were WAAAAY short of how well Goldenye (and VirtuaCop haha) did this all those years ago.

A single handgun round or a single AK47 round must not merely deduct a few hypothetical HPs, but make the shooter feel its impact, bodies need to fall/stagger in the opposite direction to being shot (not fly in the air though, only crumble to the floor). And EVERY SINGLE bullet hit needs to cause a reaction...

I honestly believe that the next game with decent graphics/story but with this feature implemented well would be a mega hit. It all part of a basic gameplay that would make every single stretch of the game enjoyable and re-playable

PS I absolutely hate Soldier of Fortune unnecessary/distracting/over the top/stupid weapon's damage modelling.

Back
Top Bottom