Anybody know how to put music on a video clip?

PLF

Legend
2 August 2004
Hey guys,

I'm a little technologically-handicapped :D when it comes to computers and editing pictures, clips and whatnot, and I was wondering if there's anyone who can teach me how to do something or do me a favour and do it themselves for me and send it to me.

I have a 10-second video clip that has no audio and I'd like to put 10 seconds of a song I like on it.

The clip is in quicktime format or .mov though so I don't know if that's a problem or needs to be converted to something else before audio can be put on it.

Let me know if there's anyone who can help me with this. I'd really appreciate it!

You need to use something like Windows Movie Maker. Might need to be converted for use with that though, I'm not sure as I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio.

Yeah depends what software you have on what platform.

If you've got a Mac then Final Cut or iMovie will both do it, you just drag the music file onto the timeline and fiddle about with the length until it suits what you want.

Never used any Windows based editors though I'd imagine they're the same. Hunt around for a copy of Sony Vegas and have a play, it's pretty simple once you get used to it and quite fun as well.

Windows Movie Maker is your answer PLF. Free and easy to use. Should just be a case of dragging your Video Clip into the TimeLine and then Dragging Your Audio Clip Below it (I think).

Thanks bro.

Yeah just used it and it seems a pretty easy to use and cool program.

I guess for me, the bigger challenge and what I need to figure out next is how to cut out 10 seconds out of a song I like so then I can put that 10-seconds on my 10-second video clip using Windows Movie Maker.

Because I didn't see the option to 'cut'/edit a song in that program. Any program on Windows that already does that or do I have to download something?

With what program? Cut 10 seconds off a music clip with Windows Movie Maker?

I downloaded Audacity and cut the 10 seconds that I liked out of the song and then easily put it on the short clip using Windows Movie Maker.

Thanks for the help guys.

I thought I'd use this thread to ask this, as it's almost the same anyways. Here's the deal: I'd like to upload some videos of me covering some songs. Now, I already have the footage of me playing the songs, but what I want is to have music with it, but not too loud so you can hear me playing aswell. Anyone knows how to do that? Thanks! :)

Same as what we said to PLF, get the soundtrack you want and use something like Windows Movie Maker to put it under your video cover version. You should be able to lower the volume of the backing track so your cover version is heard over the top of it.

Back
Top Bottom