Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

Anth James

International
22 September 2017
Hi guys,

We go again for another year - and this year despite how it plays on default is actually shaping up well!

For those who are wanting access the latest version of the mod, join my Patreon page here - https://www.patreon.com/anthjamesfc24gameplaylab

Current version is: V18 + V18 'Full Gameplay Package'

First public release of the mod - TEST V11 #TU6. Link and information here - https://evoweb.uk/threads/anths-eafc24-gameplay-mod.95655/post-4019314

First public release TEST V11 Updated for #TU8 download - https://mega.nz/file/9A03BDiT#-JZJMw71i07SYP8j2n2YuRom-3g1ZaFGBQ0OmiOgZ4g

TEST V12 #TU9 download - https://mega.nz/file/VIl2TaJL#X81mCwV3zT_UUzHYisUMITniwoG0UBCnjNk4bRRFHr4

TEST V12 #TU10 download - https://mega.nz/file/AY83SSYT#JkgSl3so6XYmgGG15TcScdSPmhj7BGMyT4ybYG-lFWI

TEST V12 #TU11 download - https://mega.nz/file/ZNsgiY4K#kwiOa9Eax4-it1od5qaK-37xtkzRfgqkfyBI8yGF5Mo

TEST V12 #TU11.1 download - https://www.patreon.com/posts/98917994

TEST V13 #TU11.1 download - https://www.patreon.com/posts/101610912

TEST V13 #TU12 download - https://mega.nz/file/oZtS0QIJ#UuMje_UWL5N9ab0_PFiYQcpw3sYkmrIcYbBOkvNcNmo

///////////////////

If you're new to my gameplay mod entirely, this is some of what you can expect in general:

- Realistic Movement - of course the animation system isn't perfect, but players speed of movement is considerably slowed down from the default game and animations behave much better than before. Game tempo is greatly considered in this as well as players abilities and stats. Trust me guys, this is far more than slowing down some turning circles and speed and acceleration, there's been a huge number of changes and it has been extensively balanced and tested.

- Player and team individuality. STATS MATTER! You'll know if you're going up against a big team with great players - on both end of the pitch. This goes for strong players, good dribblers, technical players, lethal finishers, players with good balance, great defenders - and much, much more. You will see this reflected in CPU behaviour as well as your own.

- CPU variety has been dramatically increased. You will see crosses, long shots, tackles, through balls, long balls. Don't judge on one game alone, play with a variety of teams with different abilities and personalities and you will see it come through.

- Passing, shooting speeds have been balanced a lot to create a much more natural and realistic experience. The ball no longer shoots out of the foot like a rocket.

- Big changes to ball physics. It behaves more naturally, deflecting and bouncing around like it should.

- The ball is no longer 'stuck' to the players feet and the ball feels like a separate entity. You will see heavier touches, so more care is needed. You will see more natural and realistic deflections, traps, errors and trajectories.

- First touch has been made more realistic - stats matter in this as well!

- EXTREMELY IMPORTANT positional/behavioural changes lead to a completely fresh feeling game - that isn't stuck to rigid patterns of play. The pitch is balanced and varied now and you will see this reflect in both how you play and how the CPU plays.

The result is much more realistic game flow and behaviour. The reduction of a reliance on cutback goals for example.

- A more difficult avenue to goal - the midfield battle is much improved due to a number of purposeful tweaks and adjustments. This is not some end to end experience where you end up with 6-5 scorelines anymore. The positioning, behaviour and movement has been massively adjusted for both attacking and defending.

- The CPU actually play football against you. None of this 3 passes to the striker, turn and shoot. There's some really nice buildup play, passing backwards, sideways etc.

- Players physical interactions mean a lot more now. There's no more sliding off each other and bursting beyond anyone you want now. Your approach to goal needs to be far more considered than before. It's not just about speed! There is a genuine battle to win physical battles, and this leads to a large variety of outcomes and differences in each sequence of play. It also makes you have to think much more tactically about your approach.

- Big increase in the 'scope for fouls'. The CPU will tackle more, fight for the ball and you will generally see a lot more organic clashes between players - often resulting in more fouls.

- The game feels alive and much more intense now! There's a great fight to control and win the ball now.

- Lots of little realistic additions. For example, you can't play laser guided passes behind you anymore. You have to think a lot more about body positioning. - Crazy boosts removed!

- Much more!

////////////////////

Massive credit to @Paul-v for his brilliant FMT.

Last edited:
Is the CB jockey while using slow-speed still present, and do the cpu cross? Will this have to be fixed by the mod? Don't have early access so im curious :)

Is the CB jockey while using slow-speed still present, and do the cpu cross? Will this have to be fixed by the mod? Don't have early access so im curious :)
I was just writing in the other thread that the CB jockey issue appears to finally be fixed! Crossing I haven't really noticed yet, I think it's probably slightly better without being majorly better.

I was just writing in the other thread that the CB jockey issue appears to finally be fixed! Crossing I haven't really noticed yet, I think it's probably slightly better without being majorly better.
If they really fixed it (bet it will be updated for FUT gameplay so it will be ruined) gameplay mods can finally be realistic! Exiting!

CPU do cross now! Especially some teams live by the crosses. It's beautiful for CPU to whip it inside six yard box

Please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke

I wish. This is so disappointing. They are back to either passing back when they are in the crossing position or just dribbling all the way on the line and shoot from an acute angle. I hate this so much. It will make defending AI again very easy.

Watch at 10:51, 12:10, 24:00, 26:40, 35:33 and plenty more.

I have watched countless of early access gameplay and I saw 1 or 2 crosses out of like 50/60 crossing situations.

I wish. This is so disappointing. They are back to either passing back when they are in the crossing position or just dribbling all the way on the line and shoot from an acute angle. I hate this so much. It will make defending AI again very easy.
Probably because FUT kids complained squad battles was too difficult or something, or gameplay was too slow (I don't agree at all) like every year. I love EA /s

Probably because FUT kids complained squad battles was too difficult or something, or gameplay was too slow (I don't agree at all) like every year. I love EA /s
Atleast in FIFA 23, you had crosses if you played in World Class. But now even in World Class, the CPU refuses to cross.

Atleast in FIFA 23, you had crosses if you played in World Class. But now even in World Class, the CPU refuses to cross.
I always play world class because im not very good at games, but this just feels like playing euro truck simulator and the developers removing your wheels and adding nitro lmao, such a joke as always

Are you in the trial or Early Access? And what difficulty. I hope this is a new update.
Early access. I think both plays the same version. On legendary difficulty as world class so easy for me to dribble past the opponent

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Just a quick update on the gameplay mod. I'm working on the fundamentals at the moment. I'm first trying to get a good overall pace. I've made some good progress tonight in that regard. I'm big on the game feeling fluid and balanced - but not sluggish and I think I've found a good balance with a number of values to make the movement feel better.

I'm also tweaking the physical side of the game so it's more stable in the interactions/players representing more of a physical deterrent by their positioning etc. Also working on passing speeds, deflections, ball physics, acceleration out of the foot and just a variety of general fundamentals to make the game feel more 'normal' and stable. That's my first phase so that there's a solid base to progress from. So far things are feeling much better. Long way to go!

I would like to make a suggestion: it would be great if it were possible to reduce the number of successful passes, crosses into the area and shots with the player's bad leg. What do you think about this?

Would it be possible to reduce the number of dribbles the machine takes when the AI's competitive mode is activated? It simply seems that the AI will dribble from defense to attack and score a goal by dribbling too.

Women's animation system seems to be much more polished. Is there any way to get their values and use them on the human side?
Their movement is much more human like, with less skating and less weird animations. Furthermore the feeling of the weight when you control them is much more satisfying. Also, there's one thing that really kills my immersion that seems to be much better in their version of hypermotion, the body orientation towards the ball/game which in the male side is constantly wrong. If there's any way to sort that using women data will be mint.

Women's animation system seems to be much more polished. Is there any way to get their values and use them on the human side?
Their movement is much more human like, with less skating and less weird animations. Furthermore the feeling of the weight when you control them is much more satisfying. Also, there's one thing that really kills my immersion that seems to be much better in their version of hypermotion, the body orientation towards the ball/game which in the male side is constantly wrong. If there's any way to sort that using women data will be mint.
Now that they can co-exist on the same pitch, it might be possible.

After more adjusting with movement etc, a really good sign is that the game isn't breaking down like it used to with all of these changes. It's holding up well. The key is just finding the right balance with all of the variables and that's a pretty monster task as so many values interrelate- but making good progress! I just played a really good game and it played out as a tight midfield battle believe it or not.

Another update - even more improvement with the movement - it's really starting to take shape now.

I've started on the next phase - adding depth and character to passing. No longer can you play laser guided passes when you're facing the opposite direction for example.

Combine all of the changes so far and I'm having some of the best sequences/games in a FIFA game for a long, long time. The midfield battle is there. Just played a game on legendary for testing. 10 minute halves, got to around the 80th minute - 9 shots to 4 and a super engaging match.

There's a game here guys, trust me. Still early days in this process.

I hope we can improve the AI's dribbling decision. Right now players like Foden and Saka just run straight to my defense letting me easily take the ball from them. That happens usually in a position where crossing is a better choice.

I hope we can improve the AI's dribbling decision. Right now players like Foden and Saka just run straight to my defense letting me easily take the ball from them. That happens usually in a position where crossing is a better choice.
I will be looking at that. Not up to that part yet, still focusing on fundamentals atm.

Back
Top Bottom