AC Milan Thread - GILARDINO TO MILAN!!!!!

MILAN 3-2 SAMPDORIA

MILAN: Dida; Simic, Stam (Cafu 46’), Costacurta, Kaladze; Ambrosini (Gattuso 61’), Vogel (Pirlo 61’), Seedorf (Vieri 46’); Rui Costa, Serginho (Jankulovski 61’); Shevchenko (Kakà 69’).
SAMPDORIA: Antonioli (Castellazzi 46’); Zenoni, Castellini, Sala, Pisano (Zauli 46’); Diana, Palombo (Dalla Bona 66’), Edusei (Volpi 61’), Tonetto; Flachi (Borriello 69’), Bonazzoli (Kutuzov 57’).

REFEREE: Tagliavento from Terni (Assistants Papi-Stagnoli)

GOALSCORERS: Ambrosini 15’, Vieri 50’, Palombo 58’, Borriello 78’, Kakà 80’

source: acmilan.com

Milan will play today VS. Al Ittihade some Saudi team, for a training match at about 9pm Italia Time... lol

In Milan official site it say the team is from United Arab Emirates its actuly Saudi Arabia...

this team will also play Inter, and Barca in Saudi Arabia....

its becuase their is some Saudi player retiring so they need to make some festival.

It may just be a rumour, but have you heard about Chivu being linked with a move to AC?
If it's true where do you think he'll fit in...maybe left back?? Or just as a replacement for any injured centre-back?

everyone is saying shevchenko is linked with Inter is this true?

AscMil04.jpg

there are more pics in acmilan official site , but i dont have enough time to capture each pic & upload it....

Ancelotti Blasts Ref De Santis
8/28/2005 6:11:00 PM
AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti was furious with the game’s referee Massimo De Santis at the end of the 1-1 draw the Rossoneri were held to by Ascoli.
"We asked the game to be interrupted, because the rain had soaked the whole pitch. But De Sanctis demonstrated to us that we could play by throwing the ball ten meters high. I felt made fun of by this attitude," Ancelotti said after the game.

"Clearly it's difficult to say how we played, when it was almost impossible to play as we wanted to," he added.

Two weeks ago Fabio Capello had blasted De Santis for some questionable calls he made during the Super Cup final Juve lost to Inter.

PIRLO: 'Pitch was difficult for everyone'
8/28/2005
ASCOLI - Andrea Pirlo commented after the draw at the Del Duca: 'The pitch was difficult for everyone. We aren't in good humour in the dressing room but the conditions played a major part. The referee said the ball was bouncing so we had to continue. As for all the fouls these are normal given the situation.

This isnt lookin good :( , i can understand Maldini quiting but Rino....!!!!

Legend Maldini may quit Thursday 1 September, 2005

------------------------------

Milan veteran Paolo Maldini has admitted that he is seriously thinking about bringing his stunning career to an end.

The 37-year-old still has two years left on his Rossoneri contract, but he accepts the fact that he could retire before that date.

"I have thought about quitting," explained the central defender. "It is only natural to do so at my age."

The former left-back, Italy’s most capped player, has spent the last 20 years with the San Siro giants but concedes things are becoming increasingly difficult for him.

"I pondered retiring last year when I renewed my contract with Milan," continued the stopper.

"The same thing happened at the start of this season. I did think that having six weeks off would do me good but the situation has in fact worsened.

"There are highs and lows in which a lot of thoughts enter my head. The thing that allows me to continue though is my body, I still feel in very good shape."

Maldini, who is currently nursing a slight knee problem, added that he wants to quit at the top rather than in the shadows.

"When I do stop playing, I want it to be while I am still a first team regular," he underlined.

"That is not because I wouldn’t accept a place on the bench but it is because I have spent my whole career as a first team player."

Maldini says he will play on for now but he can’t guarantee what will happen in the immediate future.

"My situation will be evaluated month after month," he continued. "My contract expires in 2007 but I may not reach that date.

"It is not my intention to just carry on playing for the sake of it."

Maldini’s comments come just hours after teammate Gennaro Gattuso said he considered leaving Milan because of the pressure.

Gattuso pondered Milan exit Thursday 1 September, 2005

--------------------------

Gennaro Gattuso has made the shock revelation that he considered quitting Milan this summer.

The battling midfielder is being groomed as a future captain of the Rossoneri, but has today surprisingly stated that he was pondering a transfer as recently as last week.

"In the last 10 days, I did think about leaving Milan because I felt under too much pressure," he stated.

"But I decided to remain because this is a club who look after players in every way possible. Before leaving a side like Milan, you have to think about it a thousand times."

Gattuso has spent six highly successful years at the San Siro following his move from Salernitana in 1999.

During that time, the former Rangers man has won the Scudetto, the Champions League, a Coppa Italia, the European Super Cup and the Italian Super Cup.

It took a little time for the player to settle with the giants, but he has since developed into a key element in Carlo Ancelotti’s plans.

Gattuso, currently on international duty with Italy, was linked with a switch to Manchester United recently.

But Milan, who plan to hand him the armband once Paolo Maldini retires, insisted that the player was unavailable for transfer.

The loss of Maldini will be a massive loss to the Milan team but its somewhat inevitable yet I think Milan need to get rid of some deadweight in the team, guys like Vieri, Serginho and to some extent Rui Costa, Stam (remember treble winning season Man utd - Amazing) and Cafu have lost a great deal of skill and ability in the last few years and they are more likely to hinder the teams progress than enhance...I think that Milan will only win a CL if they concentrate and build around the new generation headed by Kaká, Shevchenko and Gilardinho

Back
Top Bottom